weatherman90

BB King

"Mr. King is where he wishes to be," Toney [power of attorney] said. "He's always told me he doesn't want to be in a hospital. He wanted to be at home."

That's clearly end-of-life talk.

I keep guessing early but here I go again.

May 11, 4am local time.

SirC

Dammitall

SC

I've seen this happen before.

A few weeks before a person dies, their thread becomes very active. Then, in the last few days of the person's life, their thread is rather empty.

Could this be it for B.B.?

Or am I just stupid for believing something like this?

Unless it's another Zsa Zsa Gabor, in which case they end up living for another decade.

I've seen this happen before.

A few weeks before a person dies, their thread becomes very active. Then, in the last few days of the person's life, their thread is rather empty.

Could this be it for B.B.?

Or am I just stupid for believing something like this?

Unless it's another Zsa Zsa Gabor, in which case they end up living for another decade.

Your not saying Zsa Zsa is going to live for another decade, BB King won't last that long i'm sure as Zsa Zsa is a freak after all.

Mayor declares today B B King Day in Memphis. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/12/bb-king-day-declared-in-memphis/

Possibly in celebration of outliving Sir C's prediction of his death yesterday?

I get a feeling that it won't be too long before B.B. King passes away. Early next month would be my guess and I'll be stuck in traffic as it hear it on the radio on my way home from work. My dad will probably text me the news and then 5 minutes later send another text to ask if I received the one that he sent initially. I'd then have to explain to him again that I don't always answer my phone straight away, especially if I'm driving.

Guest Guest

He gave his life so we could have a 3rd hit. Thank you Mr King

Headline suggestion for the DDP:

King Gone

Guest awesome guest

R.I.p king you were a legend sad to see you go

Guest mike

RIP

Guest Guest

Welp,

R.I.P.

RIP... shocking to see the quick decline from touring to death. Maybe the accusations of elder abuse were justified.

We'll never forget your "I have a dream" speech.

• Like 2

The list was too quiet yesterday, almost like a hush that descended awaiting this news.

Irreplaceable.

I hate Blues music

Just sayin'

Sounds like you got the "I don't like blues music bluuuueees"

• Like 2

Legend. Hate when we lose irreplaceable people from a bygone era. RIP

SC

Even though it was inevitable that we'd lose him this year given his recent health problems, I still feel a great pang of sadness that he's gone.

He was a legend and I always admired at how many gigs he would perform each year even well into his 80s.

The first time I got to see him was when I was 16/17 at Fairfield Halls in Croydon, front row seats. I went to the gig straight from college so I was wearing an Iron Maiden t-shirt and ripped jeans.

After the show when I got up to applaud, B.B. saw me, beckoned me towards the stage and shook my hand, laughing and commented "yeah man, their singer can really sing" even though he probably didn't care for their genre of music.

Mr. King, I take my hat off to you. I'm honoured that I got to meet you and thank you for the great music you've given us over the years. I'm also proud that my 5000th post on here gives me the chance to pay you tribute.

• Like 7

I thought I might get through the year with no hits but am more gutted that BB was the first to go. When I compare him to some of the others on my DDP list it just goes to go the show the Universe does not care a jot.

Guest awesome guest

Pity it couldn't have been Mugabe at least now he is in heaven

To be able to play guitar like that, many dream and few accomplish. Be at peace Mr. King. :(

One day I'll own a Gibson and I'll still be a mediocre player, but a gal can dream...