Jump to content
Godot

Andy Ripley and other boofheads

Recommended Posts

On 21/06/2017 at 19:54, charon said:

Doddie Weir has MND and will be wheelchair bound afore too long apparently...

 

Interview with Doddie Weir here. Says he was diagnosed in December 2016 and has "a year left if I'm lucky". Which really goes against the usual DDP ALS thinking: either they die in the first two years or after five.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

 

Interview with Doddie Weir here. Says he was diagnosed in December 2016 and has "a year left if I'm lucky". Which really goes against the usual DDP ALS thinking: either they die in the first two years or after five.

 

Yeah I listened to him on the radio the other day - still able to tie his shoelaces and he had no problems talking - I took him off my list of possibles for next year and marked as 'Look for Updates October 2019'.

 

But 'a year left if I'm lucky' puts him back on the possibles.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Explains Spade's Advent selection....

Former South Africa hooker Naka Drotske has been shot in a suspected home invasion close to Pretoria and is in intensive care.

Drotske was reportedly visiting family with business partner Os du Randt, another ex-international, at Roodeplaat Dam when four armed men attacked the property last night.

According to local reports, the 47 year-old was shot three times in the shoulder and the abdomen while trying to protect other family members.

Anyone know Spade's whereabouts the past 24?  
SC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/11/2018 at 11:33, Sir Creep said:

Explains Spade's Advent selection....

Former South Africa hooker Naka Drotske has been shot in a suspected home invasion close to Pretoria and is in intensive care.

Drotske was reportedly visiting family with business partner Os du Randt, another ex-international, at Roodeplaat Dam when four armed men attacked the property last night.

According to local reports, the 47 year-old was shot three times in the shoulder and the abdomen while trying to protect other family members.

Anyone know Spade's whereabouts the past 24?  
SC


Bad news for Sapde :(
Naka Drotské, who was shot during a home invasion last Thursday, should be released from hospital later this week.
 On Sunday afternoon the Drotské family announced that he had shown further signs of improvement and was sitting up.
SC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Bad news for Sapde :(

 

You mean Sapde Coloey?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

 

You mean Sapde Coloey?

All that typing zapde the energy outta me

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

 

You mean Sapde Coloey?

Meh, I hoped that name would have stayed hidden. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Former Sud African rugby boy Barend Britz beaten to death in the bar he bought after retirement in Perpignan.

 

Big cunt. Even at 63 it must've been a right hard bastard to kill him.

 

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/former-lions-and-bulls-lock-beaten-to-death-in-france/

 

 

Barend Britz?  Sounds like LFN propping up the bar in Spain after a hard shift at the local Flamenco competition Banane59.gif

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Former Bok captain Johan Claassen dead aged 89.

 

https://rugby365.com/countries/south-africa/a-springbok-great-has-died

 

 

 

Nice the article gives us the oldest Bok alive , Des van Jaarsveld.......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Faiva Tagatauli, 27, died on Thursday, four days after sustaining the injury while playing for the Vaimoso Rugby Club against Vailele at Tuana’imato near the Samoa capital Apia on Saturday.

Tagatauli was replaced after feeling unwell about 10 minutes from the end of the match.

He collapsed on the sideline and was taken to the Samoa National Hospital where he died on Thursday morning.

Samoa Rugby Union chief executive Faleomavaega Vincent Fepulea’i said this was a “wakeup call” to all involved in rugby in Samoa.

 

All except Tagatauli.

SC

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Former French captain Michel Crauste has died aged 84. He was the first French player to score three tries in a test, but is perhaps better remembered for being set upon by a lady in a fur coat (Hilda Madsen, who was escorted back to her seat) after she deemed his play a little too violent, during a tour match versus South Canterbury (which finished 17-14 to the local side).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

Doddie Weir gets OBE from Queen

 

Doesn't look or sound too bad.

Wait...did you see his fucking suit?

 

Couldn't have been louder if it was Niki....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could have sworn we had a list of dead Rugby World Cup winners around here somewhere. Anyway, add another to the list: James Small, part of the Mandela-inspired 95 Sifrican winners, dead at 50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Could have sworn we had a list of dead Rugby World Cup winners around here somewhere. Anyway, add another to the list: James Small, part of the Mandela-inspired 95 Sifrican winners, dead at 50

 

You came up with one for me back in 2017 when Joost was doing Deathbed Live updates...

 

Found it, can probably be updated and moved to a non-dead thread tbh...

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll let someone who's a fan of the egg-chasing update it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use