Godot

Rugby Players

Piles of beefy, sweaty men chasing balls?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Toast said:

It's "rugger buggers".

I’m aware. It was a play on those words. If you’re terminally ill/dying/dead, you’re buggered. 

Never mind…

Thank you for the name change of this group.

Former Irish international (four caps) David Tweed, killed in motorcycle  accident, aged 61.

He'd previously been imprisoned on child sex charges which were later quashed by the court of appeal.

43 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/59142623

Former New Zealand prop Carl Hayman has revealed he has been diagnosed with early-onset dementia aged just 41.

What year will Rugby get banned? I am predicting 2027- it will be much sooner than most expect. 

May as well ban football, american football, ice hockey, boxing, mma, and pro wrestling while we're at it.

2 hours ago, Banana said:

May as well ban football, american football, ice hockey, boxing, mma, and pro wrestling while we're at it.

I don't think these things will be banned,but if you look at boxing it's a sport that has seen a significant drop in youth level participation in 1st world economies the last 40 years. Really only the poorest of parents allow their children to participate in boxing now.I suspect american football and rugby will gradually head in that direction where parents view it as the pro's don't outweigh the cons.

• Like 2

You could definitely make a case for banning all Motorsport and Cricket (the Phil Hughes incident could easily be cited) ahead of Rugby. Don't support any being banned myself 

• Like 1

On 29/10/2021 at 12:46, time said:

Former Irish international (four caps) David Tweed, killed in motorcycle  accident, aged 61.

He'd previously been imprisoned on child sex charges which were later quashed by the court of appeal.

His two daughters have revealed they were abused by Him

Tom Smith presents todays match ball in the Scotland vs South Africa rugger game today 

• Like 4

Former Irish & Lions prop Ray McLoughlin dead at 82. Forty Irish caps, and two Lions tours.

New Zealand rugby league "legend" Olsen Filipaina (wikion life support with kidney failure.

• Like 1