Godot

Rugby Players

He has had a Wiki page for some years, DDT, partly because his name is Eric TINDILL.

and what was the other reason he had a Wiki page for? Apart from having the name Eric Tindill? ;)

Fair enough - I goofed up that sentence. :P

I could think of a smart-arsed reply, but it would only fall flat on its face, a bit like Zinzan Brooke did out of the taxi.

• Like 1

Pierre Spies, one of the world's most talented rugby union players, has been diagnosed with clots on his lung, he is only 22.

"This thing affects breathing quite badly and it is definitely a life-threatening illness.

Pierre Spies, one of the world's most talented rugby union players, has been diagnosed with clots on his lung, he is only 22.

"This thing affects breathing quite badly and it is definitely a life-threatening illness.

I had to laugh at this bit...

Not only had he made a name for himself as a powerful, fast, skilful loose forward - who ran through four England defenders earlier this year to score a wonderful try at Loftus Versfeld - but also as a humble and hard-working team man.

As if that's an exclusive club :)

Sadly, he'll miss the World Cup which is a genuine shame, he's bloody good at rugger.

Former Scottish International, Bruce Hay, is suffering from brain cancer. He says the prognosis is good, but he has had "setbacks".

This article from last year also mentioned low level cancer readings on his liver and kidneys.

Bruce Hay does not have a Wiki page, but he should.

I'd say it'd be fair to report as dead England's reign as world champs. They didn't do very much at all apart from make South Africa look good.

Former Scottish International, Bruce Hay, is suffering from brain cancer. He says the prognosis is good, but he has had "setbacks".

This article from last year also mentioned low level cancer readings on his liver and kidneys.

Dead :lol:

I'd say it'd be fair to report as dead England's reign as world champs. They didn't do very much at all apart from make South Africa look good.

Hold your horses for at least another week, young fellow me lad.

It's a shame that former Scotland captain Peter Kininmonth didn't get to see the match. Sadly his death prevented him from tuning in.

In later years he became an award-winning cheese-maker in Dorset

Once again England fail to score a try :o

Until the rules are changed to reward the scoring of tries to such an extent that kicking has less influence in the outcome of a game it doesn't matter. I am sure as a neutral you enjoyed the game despite the lack of tries. :D

We all know the 'big one' is tonight. What do you reckon Dave to the Grave?

I thought I had better answer this here

The word on the street in down-town Agen this morning is 18-10 to the All Blacks. That said the same pundit also forecast 40-10 to Australia against England. Safe to say France will score at least as many tries as England. :lol:

If England can beat Australia.....

I had a sneaky feeling England would defend their title better than most people thought.

I think South Africa will win the tournament....

Clucking bell and so on!!! The greatest comeback since Lazarus et cetera!!!

Quelle excitement dans Cardiff. 13-13 and Carter limps off.

Fantastic game, allez les bleus France 20 - NZ 18

France win. Way hay. We can take 'em

Clucking bell and so on!!! The greatest comeback since Lazarus et cetera!!!

Allez France!! Antipodean rugger not looking so crash hot now, eh Gunjy? :D

All we need now is a top effort from the plucky Fijians and the even pluckier Jocks and we'll have the perfect semis.

Excellent game, watch out England ( Care to put a cyber £5 on it Mr Gotot?)

Amazing, truely amazing.... :D

It looked as the 6 nations were having the worst World Cup ever, and we've got one guaranteed for the final! And the Aussies and All-Blacks vanquished. It shows when it comes to the crunch, how powerful the Northern Hemisphere is now.

Is it me, or is this:

a- The best Rugby World Cup ever?

b- Better than the FIFA World Cup?

I don't consider myself a Rugby fan, but some of these matches have been fascinating. Once you get into it and have a grasp

of the rules, it can be a more satisfying sport, at least internationally, than football...

Excellent game, watch out England ( Care to put a cyber £5 on it Mr Gotot?)

Yup, definitely. England know how to piss off the French and when the French get pissed off they go to pieces.

Allez les....Northern hemisphere.

Just those pesky South Africans, Argentinians and Fijians :D

(Love that :lol: emoticon)

Amazing, truely amazing.... :D

It looked as the 6 nations were having the worst World Cup ever, and we've got one guaranteed for the final! And the Aussies and All-Blacks vanquished. It shows when it comes to the crunch, how powerful the Northern Hemisphere is now.

Is it me, or is this:

a- The best Rugby World Cup ever?

b- Better than the FIFA World Cup?

I don't consider myself a Rugby fan, but some of these matches have been fascinating. Once you get into it and have a grasp

of the rules, it can be a more satisfying sport, at least internationally, than football...

I agree, the world cups are getting better. Rugby has always been a thinking man's game. Football doesn't come close, played by brainless, cynical, cheating tossers,

Football doesn't come close, played by brainless, cynical, cheating tossers,

Only if you're a Brazilian goalkeeper?

Football doesn't come close, played by brainless, cynical, cheating tossers,

Only if you're a Brazilian goalkeeper?

And the rest. Obviously I'm for England but France are hard to beat on their own turf. As a neutral I'd have to be backing France, but I know we can take 'em and this England side is improving. Catt was unlucky to miss a try.

• Like 1