Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Once again England fail to score a try :lol:

Until the rules are changed to reward the scoring of tries to such an extent that kicking has less influence in the outcome of a game it doesn't matter. I am sure as a neutral you enjoyed the game despite the lack of tries. :D

Once again England fail to score a try :lol:

Until the rules are changed to reward the scoring of tries to such an extent that kicking has less influence in the outcome of a game it doesn't matter. I am sure as a neutral you enjoyed the game despite the lack of tries. :D

We all know the 'big one' is tonight. What do you reckon Dave to the Grave?

is Gordon Browns political career dead?

Hardly. Given the sh*t he has had to deal with in his first 100 days, I would say that the polls are treating him not too badly. Dave C is the one who needs to look worried. He is a weak leader and too insecure in personality. As for Mr. Osbourne, I had to laugh when he accused Alistair Darling of being lacking in charisma. I found his speech to be rather condescending especially regarding the tone of his voice.

In short, Brown's political career is not yet dead largely due to the fact that there is no effective opposition.

(At this point it is only fair that DL members remember my prediction about Charles Kennedy).

Funnily enough, I was having a good old chinwag with Gordon, this morning.

Apart from admitting that he had suddenly gone cold on the idea of a snap election, he did pose the question " Is that pillock Dave's posting career on DL dead yet?"

He was to be so disappointed.

Hardly. Given the sh*t he has had to deal with in his first 100 days, I would say that the polls are treating him not too badly. Dave C is the one who needs to look worried. He is a weak leader and too insecure in personality. As for Mr. Osbourne, I had to laugh when he accused Alistair Darling of being lacking in charisma. I found his speech to be rather condescending especially regarding the tone of his voice.

In short, Brown's political career is not yet dead largely due to the fact that there is no effective opposition.

(At this point it is only fair that DL members remember my prediction about Charles Kennedy).

Which was?

Remind us please....

Which was?

Remind us please....

About three days before he stepped down as Lib Dem Leader, I predicted that he would lead the party probably into the next election...

Which was?

Remind us please....

About three days before he stepped down as Lib Dem Leader, I predicted that he would lead the party probably into the next election...

Ahhhh.....he still might! :D

Japanese motorbike racer Norick Abe (or Norifumi Abe in his homeland) has been killed in a traffic accident, aged only 32.

Seems like he was the luckless victim of a bit of spectaculary bad driving by the sounds of the report.

A great shame. :D

Are those before and after pictures?

Japanese motorbike racer Norick Abe (or Norifumi Abe in his homeland) has been killed in a traffic accident, aged only 32.

Seems like he was the luckless victim of a bit of spectaculary bad driving by the sounds of the report.

A great shame. :D

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am genuinely saddened to hear this, I think everybody who followed Moto GP was a fan of Norick. He was one of the most spectacular riders you would ever have seen on a 500. Even in Valentino Rossi's 125 days he was a fan of Noricks' as on his leathers he did not have his own name, but Rossifumi (I wonder if at this weekends Australian Grand Prix it will be back?) He was one of the nicest blokes in the paddock as well. Unfortunately I only got to see him race twice, but it was something to behold and I will miss him. :o

The accident is very similar to Mike Haillwood's, a lorry doing an illegal U-turn!

Kurdish novelist Mehmed Uzun has met his maker. He was Football Fan's DDP joker.

Congratulations footballfan! That will no doubt take you back to the top of the DDP rankings. :crossbone:

Hope you get the points.

Kurdish novelist Mehmed Uzun has met his maker. He was Football Fan's DDP joker.

Congratulations footballfan! That will no doubt take you back to the top of the DDP rankings. :)

Hope you get the points.

How does he do it? :crossbone:

Has to get a 'proper' obit though.....

Soe Win, The Prime Minister of Burma has died.

Soe says the BBC, although they appear to claim that he died today. Maybe the Burmese authorities have been waiting to make the announcement.

Soe Win, The Prime Minister of Burma has died.

Soe says the BBC, although they appear to claim that he died today. Maybe the Burmese authorities have been waiting to make the announcement.

The first one turned out to be a misquote or something along those lines. It actually happened today.

Werner von Trapp, a member of the family made famous by "The Sound of Music", has died at the age of 91.

Plenty more to choose from here.

Bob Denard, the mercenary involved in so many missions in Africa, has died. More on him here, death announced here.

This, for me, is the biggest miss of the year, DDP wise, because I eventually whittled it down to choosing between John Hermon & Bob Denard for the dementia hit 70 year old slot. Looks like (thus far) I chose wrong. :P

Bob Denard, the mercenary involved in so many missions in Africa, has died. More on him here, death announced here.

This, for me, is the biggest miss of the year, DDP wise, because I eventually whittled it down to choosing between John Hermon & Bob Denard for the dementia hit 70 year old slot. Looks like (thus far) I chose wrong. :P

He was one of the DDP candidates I had to find a photo for. Looked like the sort of C-word who should be sharing a faeces-smeared west-african jail cell with Simon Mann, Thicko Thatcher and Nick Du Twat. Unlucky, OoO. An unique pick for Ailing Rulers Of Africa!

I'd like to know how much DDP near misses one can actually have in a bloody year.

I'm getting bored of this routine...

Werner von Trapp, a member of the family made famous by "The Sound of Music", has died at the age of 91.

I chose the wrong von Trapp child, I put Maria on my list :P