Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Max McGee, former receiver for the Green Bay Packers has fallen off his roof and died.

Not adjusting his receiver, was he?

Edit: No, having read the article, it seems he was blowing leaves off the roof. A bad day for irony.

Bad day for irony, but gravity is batting two out of three thus far.

Paul Raven, bass player for Killing Joke, has died of a heart attack aged 47 :( .

There's simply no answer to that is there?

;)

Paul Fox, member of punk band, the Ruts & mentioned on the DL a few times, has lost his fight against cancer.

He was 56.

Boll.Ocks....My joker for 2008 has gone up the spout.... :banghead:

Paul Raven, bass player for Killing Joke, has died of a heart attack aged 47 :banghead: .

Great shame! I was just getting back into Killing Joke, most of the stuff I had was on cassette, so consigned to the outer reaches of the loft. I suppose they should play this at his funeral:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9jJ17tpHjc

Some interesting facts (from Wiki) about former Joke frontman Jaz Coleman: "He was involved in adding a verse in the Māori language to the New Zealand national anthem" and "In October 2006 it was announced that Coleman had been chosen as Composer in Residence for the European Union. As Composer in Residence he will be given a grant to write and perform music for the EU on special occasions"

Paul Fox, member of punk band, the Ruts & mentioned on the DL a few times, has lost his fight against cancer.

He was 56.

oh well another name to cross off my list for next year

He was 56.

oh well another name to cross off my list for next year

Two hours later I've found the right replacement...not saying who though... :lol:

Sarza Cooper. I mean, talk about inconsiderate, she didn't even give us time to get a thread going and start joshing with the drive-by ranters!

Incidentally, I know that's not how you spell her first name. You just get vicious ranters when you mock those already dead.

Sarza Cooper. I mean, talk about inconsiderate, she didn't even give us time to get a thread going and start joshing with the drive-by ranters!

Incidentally, I know that's not how you spell her first name. You just get vicious ranters when you mock those already dead.

So don't. She wasn't famous. There is nothing about this that is relevant to the DL.

Eve Curie, the daughter of Marie Curie as well as publisher of the book Madame Curie, dead. Since the article's German, I'll be kind enough to give a Google translation.

Paris - With 102 years, Eve Curie, one of the two daughters of the Nobel Prize winner Marie Curie, in New York died. This was announced by her family in the category of death in the Paris newspaper Le Monde. " Eve Curie was pianist and writer. In 1938 it published under the title "Madame Curie" a biography of her four years earlier deceased mother. The book has been translated into 32 languages.

During the Second World War, Eve Curie emigrated to London and the United States, from where the resistance against the German troops actively supported. From time to time, she worked as a war reporter and Italy as a nurse. After the war, she belonged to the publishers of the daily newspaper "Paris-Presse", and then she was temporarily Nato consultant. With her husband, Henry US-Diplomaten Richardson Labouisse, she took in the USA. Born in Poland in 1903, Marie Curie, together with her husband received the Nobel Prize in Physics and received eight years later the Nobel Prize for chemistry. (APA)

He was 56.

Boll.Ocks....My joker for 2008 has gone up the spout.... :lol:

Yeah but my trailing CPDP team has finally popped its 07/08 cherry, or summat.

Has it? I thought a BBC or Independent Online obituary was needed, and I thought Fox had neither? Or have the rules changed?

Has it? I thought a BBC or Independent Online obituary was needed, and I thought Fox had neither? Or have the rules changed?

Any online Canadian news source counts as well, along with CNN and the New York Times. I didn't pick him because I figured he'd never get any of those, but apparentely he sunk the Canadian one. Still no Wikipedia page though, so no points yet.

In the news today an embarrassment to names in context 'Porter Wagoner' is dead at age eighty. For those of you who guessed he would meet his demise before January have now officially guessed right. http://www.wsmv.com/entertainment/14434398/detail.html

Damn and no nearer to familiarising myself to who he was so I could pass him off in the DDP....

Ricky Parent drummer for Enuff Z'nuff has died at the age of 41

Guest Guest_dave_*

ACTOR Rodney Diak died 3 weeks ago but I have only just found out about it

Apologies if someone has already mention this (nothing showed up on my search). Actress Moira Lister has died. People of a certain age may remember her in a crap TV programme called The Very Merry Widow.

Edit: I see her demise has been posted in the Hancock thread. Sorry ;)

"The Opium King", Khun Sa, one of the worlds most wanted men, who smuggled many a ton of heroin, has died in Burma

Psychiatrist Anthony Clare has died.