Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Anthony Clare psychiatrist and broadcaster, dead just before he retired.

Yup MPFC, he was dead this morning as other posters noted. It's comforting to know he is still dead this afternoon. Have you ever thought of of lying down on Dr Godot's couch and discussing this pathological need to post?

Maybe we could talk about your childhood? Was there something about a horse in a chip shop?

Guardian columnist Dina Rabinovitch has died aged 44 of cancer, eight days after mentioning she was terminal and then me thinking I had a joker dropped into my lap for 2008.

Bugger.....

Robert Goulet has died at the age of 73

He was right about one thing

If ever I would leave you

It wouldn't be in summer.

Sir Alfred Shepperd, mildly ironic death if only because as chairman of Wellcome Foundation he was at the forefront of keeping alive those faced with death.

The BBC are reporting that the Wolverhampton roundabout hermit Josef Stawinoga has passed away.

The bloke with the tent in the middle of the dual carriage way, not exactly on a roundabout is it? (I didn't follow the links as I'm pretty much dead myself).

Linda Stein former manager for The Ramones has been found murdered

It's getting to the stage in the year that people dying is either a massive boost on DP's or a cruel blow as they were either the perfect candidate or a well kept secret etc.

One that would've been a good candidate for any DP, and was on my shortlist (albeit quite low down & unlikely to have been picked for 2008) was Paul Tibbets

Mentioned here before, he was the man who flew the plane that dropped the Atomic Bomb over Hiroshima. He was 93 and a news report is here.

However four teams score points on the DDP, including one team that had him as their joker.

Ray Gravell

Yes, I know it's been posted in the Andy Ripley thread, but this guy was a legend and deserves better than to be consigned to the "extra-curricular" area!

Linda Stein former manager for The Ramones has been found murdered

The Curse of the Ramones continues.... ;)

Ray Gravell

Yes, I know it's been posted in the Andy Ripley thread, but this guy was a legend and deserves better than to be consigned to the "extra-curricular" area!

I agree, so does Andy Ripley.

The really sad bit, other than him dying, is whenever I hear his name mentioned I think of him singing "Jingle Bells" in Bart Simpson's treehouse - the pinnacle of his career? Which then reminds me of Krusty the Clown singing 'herpes' to Shirley Ellis' Name Game song.

DWB ;)

Victor Grayevsky infamous double agent who actually carked it on October 18th, obviously kept his death like - secret - since he's now making his first appearance on this thread.

Nutsacks! he was a possible for my DDP team this year and a probable for next year.

Does anyone know what happened to the crew member from either Enola Gay or the Nagasaki mission that was appaerently so traumatised by guilt for what he did that he became a monk in Italy?

Paul Warfield Tibbets jr has sadly died aged 92

Guest Guest

Russian Choreographer Igor Moiseyev has died and was picked on the DDP as well. ;)

Paul Warfield Tibbets jr has sadly died aged 92

Oh, HCW, tsk tsk. :) This was reported some 24 hours before by my good self. Even put in bold type, so the likes of Iain would read & absorb & not repeat. Never mind, we're all allowed off days. ;)

So, as not to completely post-whore, profilic Romance/Mills & Boon author Anne Weale has died. Romance is Dead.

Oh, HCW, tsk tsk. :banghead: This was reported some 24 hours before by my good self. Even put in bold type, so the likes of Iain would read & absorb & not repeat. Never mind, we're all allowed off days. :)

Damn, I checked the posts before I posted that, obviously having an 'Iain' moment! Sorry all ;)

The rumour had been doing the rounds for a week or so but it has now been confirmed that Doctor Who director Peter Moffatt died on 21 October (can't find a link other than on Outpost Gallifrey).

The rumour had been doing the rounds for a week or so but it has now been confirmed that Doctor Who director Peter Moffatt died on 21 October (can't find a link other than on Outpost Gallifrey).

There'll be a obit in the Times or something in the near future I guess...

Guest its me again

US marathon champion Ryan Shay has died suddenly aged 28. This will shock many people

Guest does it matter?

CONFIRMATION HERE