Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Jeffery Owen Jones journalist and more notably inspiration for a Bob Dylan song (The Ballad of a Thin Man) dead aged 64 from lung cancer.

Gudrun Wagner, the 63 year old wife of Bayreuth Festival organiser Wolfgang Wagner, has died. Not particularly notable in itself, but consider the fact that Wolfgang is 88 and is deeply embroiled in the constant internecine squabbling that has marked the Wagner family for generations and one may start to wonder if he'll be long following her out the door.

Guest The Sun Sez
Gudrun Wagner, the 63 year old wife of Bayreuth Festival organiser Wolfgang Wagner, has died. Not particularly notable in itself, but consider the fact that Wolfgang is 88 and is deeply embroiled in the constant internecine squabbling that has marked the Wagner family for generations and one may start to wonder if he'll be long following her out the door.

All very well 12er, but who's gonna win I'm a Sleb Gemme Outta Ere?

Fred Chichin from Les Rita Mitsouko - this is the best link I could find, no doubt there may be a few more kicking about in the not too distant future

Bummer. Wanted to see them at the 100 Club back in July but couldn't get a ticket. Rather glad I didn't buy one for their Lille gig now.

Congressman Henry Hyde has died suddenly

Everybody dies suddenly, however Henry Hyde did have heart problems and was recovering in hospital following surgery. He was 83 so fairly elderly

Creator of Eastenders, Tony Holland has died at the age of 67 after a long illness

Creator of Eastenders, Tony Holland has died at the age of 67 after a long illness

Not been a good week for television producers has it? :ph34r:

He was on my provision shortlist for next year. Either his parents or grandparents used to live down the road from my gran but I never met him.

Ted Oliver

Just noticed this obit, 'character' journalist, famous for the time when - after the 'no surrender to the IRA' England/Eire match - Vinnie Jones bit his nose and Ted demanded a newspaper photographer get there ahead of a doctor. Also on first name terms with the likes of Johnny 'Mad Dog' Adair. So, all told, did well to reach 60.

Congressman Henry Hyde has died suddenly

Everybody dies suddenly, however Henry Hyde did have heart problems and was recovering in hospital following surgery. He was 83 so fairly elderly

Err... not that I particularly want to stick up for Dave/Iain, but no, not everybody dies suddenly. Cancer, Alzheimer's, even the lingering effects of an attempted homicide are things I wouldn't particularly consider "sudden."

Anyhow, Russian space scientist and potential secret candidate of mine Oleg Gazenko has died. Probably for the best that I didn't pick him, since a Google news search currently turns up more obits for the dog he killed half a century ago than him.

I think CP has made a good point here. I have just checked my pulse and find that I too am not dying suddenly. I suspect that not dying suddenly is more common than we think.

Richard Leigh has died. He was one of the authors of "Holy Blood & the Holy Grail", which hit the headlines when he & his co-authors sued Dan Brown (of Da Vinci Code fame) for allegedly plagarising them. He was also one of the most noted conspiracy theory authors of recent years, as well as a fiction novellist. Well, there's no conspiracy regarding his death.

Well, there's no conspiracy regarding his death.

Unless he didn't really die, and is at this moment buggering off to the South of France to shag his missus on the sly.

Unless he didn't really die, and is at this moment buggering off to the South of France to shag his missus on the sly.

(I look the other way)

You know I hate to break it to you Doubting Thomas ...

But somehow I really don't think so.

Former CEO of General Motors, Roger Smith has died at the age of 82

Centenarian German aviatrix Elly Beinhorn tot (spriggen de deutsch?) She'd been in poor health since since before turning 100 and I was considering putting her on my team. Figured (correctly thus far) that she wouldn't even come close to getting a proper obit though.

Former CEO of General Motors, Roger Smith has died at the age of 82

Off of 'Roger and Me', the documentary that first made Michael Moore's name...

Centenarian German aviatrix Elly Beinhorn tot (spriggen de deutsch?) She'd been in poor health since since before turning 100 and I was considering putting her on my team. Figured (correctly thus far) that she wouldn't even come close to getting a proper obit though.

Oh that's a shame. Widow of Bernd Rosemeyer, she was just one of two real living links remaining from the arguable "Golden Age" of motorsport - the 1930's - Pietsch is the other, or now, one.

But I would be surprised if she got an obit, I must admit.

Also, please forgive the slightly biased view of fame, but one of Reading FC's greatest post-war players, Ray Reeves has died after a long illness. RIP Ray, you'll be missed. :birthday2:

Guest Guest_dave_*

Former EU president (1973-77) Francois-Xavier Ortoli has died aged 82

Former EU president (1973-77) Francois-Xavier Ortoli has died aged 82

Link - from China!

I think CP has made a good point here. I have just checked my pulse and find that I too am not dying suddenly. I suspect that not dying suddenly is more common than we think.

Hey Godot - you will let us know if you do die suddenly won't you? Since you have got about 20 years on the rest of us DL Con 1 attendees.

Hey Godot - you will let us know if you do die suddenly won't you? Since you have got about 20 years on the rest of us DL Con 1 attendees.

:birthday2: I say Ali! Keep it above the belt!

I very nearly did die suddenly this weekend after getting caught out in freezing weather on a Welsh mountain top. Anywhere but Wales.

The actor & comedian Anton Rodgers has died, aged 74. Bit of a surprise, this one!

Rodgers starred in May to December & Fresh Fields, but had a long & successful stage career & popped up in numerous films, including Scrooge and a wonderful turn in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, which I watched on DVD only last week.

Most recently, he was seen in Longford as Willie Whitelaw. Obit here. :birthday2: