Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Les Shannon former Liverpool and Burnley centre-forward and manager for Bury has died at the age of 81.

You need to scroll down to the last couple of paragraphs

Les Shannon former Liverpool and Burnley centre-forward and manager for Bury has died at the age of 81.

You need to scroll down to the last couple of paragraphs

Ooh how weird - I put him on a shortlist today & was going to put him on my DDP team, then decided at the last minute that he was healthy enough (or was in an interview 6 months ago in the Luton News) and put another English ex-manager in instead.

Shows how much I know about deciding who's healthy or not! :lol:

I very nearly did die suddenly this weekend after getting caught out in freezing weather on a Welsh mountain top. Anywhere but Wales.

And whats wrong with Wales? Where were you, Snowdon?

The actor & comedian Anton Rodgers has died, aged 74. Bit of a surprise, this one!

Rodgers starred in May to December & Fresh Fields, but had a long & successful stage career & popped up in numerous films, including Scrooge and a wonderful turn in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, which I watched on DVD only last week.

Most recently, he was seen in Longford as Willie Whitelaw. Obit here. :lol:

Oh Blimey! He reached December 31st then.....

Coat!

Peter Houghton the first man in the world ever fitted with the Jarvik artificial heart has died at the age of 68

Weird thing was, I was watching the commercial for the Jarvik artifial heart just this morning.

Weird thing was, I was watching the commercial for the Jarvik artifial heart just this morning.

There's a commercial for the Jarvik artificial heart? Or are you talking about the commercial Jarvik does for SPAM?

The actor & comedian Anton Rodgers has died, aged 74. Bit of a surprise, this one!

Rodgers starred in May to December & Fresh Fields, but had a long & successful stage career & popped up in numerous films, including Scrooge and a wonderful turn in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, which I watched on DVD only last week.

Most recently, he was seen in Longford as Willie Whitelaw. Obit here. :lol:

Goodbye, Goodbye!

There's a commercial for the Jarvik artificial heart? Or are you talking about the commercial Jarvik does for SPAM?

The one for the artificial heart, I don't think I've seen the commercial for SPAM

Drag-racing legend Art Arfons has died and was a unique pick of 2 Farts and a Splash on the CPDP.

Drag-racing legend Art Arfons has died and was a unique pick of 2 Farts and a Splash on the CPDP.

Sad news, I think he was the chap who took an engine out of a jet aeroplane and built a car around it, or something like that.

Outlived by his brother Walt Afons- who at 90 is ten years older - he too pioneered jet powered cars. I'd say it's pretty remarkable they both reached old age, considering what they were pioneering.

The one for the artificial heart, I don't think I've seen the commercial for SPAM

That's interesting. That was originally the name of a well known highly prescribed statin drug for cholesterol.

Sad news, I think he was the chap who took an engine out of a jet aeroplane and built a car around it, or something like that.

Outlived by his brother Walt Afons- who at 90 is ten years older - he too pioneered jet powered cars. I'd say it's pretty remarkable they both reached old age, considering what they were pioneering.

He bought the engine in a scrap yard and fixed it himself, he also survived what has to be the fastest ever car crash at over 600 MPH!

he also survived what has to be the fastest ever car crash at over 600 MPH!

Yowsa! How the hell do you survive that?

Lots of bubble wrap?

Re Art's high speed accident...can't find it on You Tube, is there a film of it anywhere?

Nowt online yet but the BBC just reported Mike Donkin - long time correspondent - has filed his final report, or summat.

Katy French has died 5 days after collapsing at a party

Sheer luck, if the car had rolled once more he was dead. It would have made Richard Hammond's crash look a bit tame!

Guest Guest_dave_*

How sad.I was pleasuring myself while looking ata picture of her only a few days ago too :lol:

How sad.I was pleasuring myself while looking ata picture of her only a few days ago too :lol:

Thanks for sharing this with the group. I guess that's the kind of relationship where you never have to say sorry.

Thanks for sharing this with the group. I guess that's the kind of relationship where you never have to say sorry.

When they're in a coma, you don't have the awkward moment where you say "did the earth move for you"

Was it a photo of her in a coma that you were looking at?

Mexican trumpeter Jose Luis Aquino has been found murdered.

He is believed to be the 3rd Mexican musician to be killed within the space of a week.

Why they couldn't do something productive and kill of Pete Doherty and Amy Winehouse is beyond me