Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Looks like it happened on the 13th too... well done...

No, it was the 9th, dammit.

TMIB - we shall see. If there is Christmas carnage* like last year, who knows where I'll end up?

* (I hope not from a DDP point of view. If it's like last year, I shall weep. :lol: I am amazed no-one has gone between the 4th & now!)

Looks like it happened on the 13th too... well done...

No, it was the 9th, dammit.

TMIB - we shall see. If there is Christmas carnage* like last year, who knows where I'll end up?

* (I hope not from a DDP point of view. If it's like last year, I shall weep. :lol: I am amazed no-one has gone between the 4th & now!)

I've already written off DDP 2007 and concentrating on getting back into the Top 10 next year. How did you find out about Langley? Did he have a heart problem?

Well done anyway... :o

Hank Kaplan, "The Lord of The Ring", the world's foremost expert on the history of boxing, is seriously ill. His fame is a little dubious, but he should get a UK obit as he used to be boxing consultant for The Times. I'm putting him on my DDP if he makes it to 2008. pcguru.gif

Hank Kaplan is dead. It will be interesting to see if gets a UK obit as I was going to take a gamble with him on next year's DDP team.

Jack Cardiff is now off the subs bench.

Hank Kaplan, "The Lord of The Ring", the world's foremost expert on the history of boxing, is seriously ill. His fame is a little dubious, but he should get a UK obit as he used to be boxing consultant for The Times. I'm putting him on my DDP if he makes it to 2008. pcguru.gif

Hank Kaplan is dead. It will be interesting to see if gets a UK obit as I was going to take a gamble with him on next year's DDP team.

And probably not limbering up, if you catch my drift... :lol:

CRAP!! :lol: Paging Mr. Edmund Hillary

How did you find out about Langley? Did he have a heart problem?

Bit of a fluke this one.

I don't know if you recall, TMIB, but when Harry Leyland in December 2006, I remarked how surprising it was that so many footballers seemed to die in their 70's.

Wanting to put a footballer in my DDP, with Les Leston my motor-racing shoe-in, and with the new age rules, I looked around for a suitable candidate that would also be an unique pick.

Langley was chosen, almost on a whim - he looked far older than his 68 years in a photograph of him in 1996, then I found out he had suffered a stroke a few years back and was largely retired. With time running out & inspiration running low, I plumped for him instead of Eddie Thompson, the Dundee Utd chairman. Good thing too, as FF chose him, so Thompson wouldn't been unique.

But I regretted putting him in as early as February & took him off the list completely in April & just put it down to "I had to put someone in 20th".

So for him to go, and especially to go now, is.. really very, very lucky for me. But sometimes that's how DP's go...

CRAP!! :lol: Paging Mr. Edmund Hillary

He could have hung on for just a couple more weeks :o :o

Julia Carson, the Indianapolis congress woman who I said 'wouldn't make spring time' hasn't even made New Years.

She wouldn't have received the DDP obituary anyway

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/14862068/detail.html

She has an obit in The Guardian, which would have satisfied the DDP obituary requirement, if she had been selected.

Therapist and author of self help books, Laura Archera Huxley, 96, the widow of Aldous Huxley, has moved on to a brave new world.

She seems fairly interesting. But on a different note, I see that Aldous died on the day JFK was shot. Bit of a bummer for him and CS Lewis [died same day, too] what with the lessened media interest.

A bit like Mother Theresa and Diana. Reminds me of the David Lodge novella Home Truths where a hack writes a very indiscreet story about a friend, which he regrets, but is saved by the fact it's published the morning of Diana's death so gets no attention. Or something like that, if I remember correctly. Anyhow, don't bother reading it because I've just spoilt it.

Ho hum.

The singer Dan Fogelberg has died, well done to the teams who picked him on the DDP - I think that puts R.I.P It Up And Start Again in to third place.

The singer Dan Fogelberg has died, well done to the teams who picked him on the DDP - I think that puts R.I.P It Up And Start Again in to third place.
happy-monkey-cefjfhimbdgibdgi.jpg

Bit annoyed Dan didn't hang on a couple of weeks... ;)

I noticed he had "battled" against prostate cancer. Have you noticed that in the media everyone "battles" against cancer. Even if you had cancer and said: "Aw f**k it, do your worst, just get it over with!" in the eyes of the media you would still be "battling cancer" to your grave.

I noticed he had "battled" against prostate cancer. Have you noticed that in the media everyone "battles" against cancer. Even if you had cancer and said: "Aw f**k it, do your worst, just get it over with!" in the eyes of the media you would still be "battling cancer" to your grave.

Indeed. Most irritating.

Worse still is when, as with the recently departed Katy French, they are in a coma and still described as "battling for their life". It makes you think that there's some kind of Nightmare On Elm Street thing going on and while the patient *looks* like they're not doing anything, they're actually in this parallel dream universe pitted against loads of demons and orcs, etc., and whether or not they come back to conscious life depends on whether they can fight them all off. But maybe that's just me... ;)

Archduke Karl Ludwig of Austria , younger brother of Deathlist "fave" Otto von Habsburg died on 11th December aged 89. Normally, I'd wonder about a 95 year old like Otto surviving the trauma for long, but he still has two brothers left, aged 91 and 88.

Record Producer, Joel Dorn has died at the age of 65

Jackson Browne and a load of others get all maudline about the late Dan Fogelberg. Very touching and all but those people claiming he was the best gig they ever saw......they should get out more!

Jackson Browne and a load of others get all maudline about the late Dan Fogelberg. Very touching and all but those people claiming he was the best gig they ever saw......they should get out more!

I've just realised I've been getting this guy mixed up with Dean Friedman and was wondering why everyone was paying tribute to the guy who sang "Lucky Stars" (the second most irritating song in the world). Now it makes more sense.

Former Minneapolis Lakers guard Jim Holstein has died at the age of 77

Animator Jack Zander is now a lot less animated