Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

make that ex MP Fiona Jones.wasw thinking of the comedienne who died last year

Natural causes....at 49!?!

An article in the News of the World today revealed that her body was found surrounded by 15 (empty) bottles of vodka

Well if it was in the News of the world, it MUST be true :)

Yeah, its a load of bollocks.....probably 16 bottles! :lol:

I didn't know alcoholism is seen as a 'natural' cause of death...Labour spin even at the end...

There have been a few lurid rumours following the death of Fiona Jones. The comments below this blog article name a senior cabinet minister who implied to have offered Ms Jones promotion in exchange for sex (It isn't John Prescott for once). Seeing as the blog is written by a former MP, I would imagine the comments would have been swiftly deleted unless there was an element of truth in them, for fear of libel action.

In addition, The Honourable Member for Reading West is singled out as a man not to accept a life home from. :)

the veteran British actor Griffiths Jones has died in his 90s

Iain, get your facts right if you will insist on continuing to post here (under whatever nom de plume you use). :)

His name was Griffith Jones. He was 96 years of age and not just "in his 90's."

Is it too much to ask for you to use basic reading comprehension?

Must you be so petty? :)

There used to be a thread for Nobel Prize winners, but I can't find it. Hey-ho!

Nobel chemistry laureate Alan MacDiarmid has died:

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6056149

"MacDiarmid was one of three joint winners of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 2000 for the discovery that plastic can be made electrically conductive -- an advance that led to improvements in film, TV screens and windows"

There used to be a thread for Nobel Prize winners, but I can't find it. Hey-ho!

Nobel chemistry laureate Alan MacDiarmid has died:

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6056149

"MacDiarmid was one of three joint winners of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 2000 for the discovery that plastic can be made electrically conductive -- an advance that led to improvements in film, TV screens and windows"

I thought the Nobel Prize winners were listed in the possiblities thread from last year.

Must you be so petty? :(

Getting someone's name wrong in death is petty? :( Thank goodness you're only a student & you don't work for a funeral directors or an engravers.... :(

I'm sure your family would just love to see & be comforted by RIP Iayn Smeeth on your gravestone. :(

Guest Guest

The BBC website is saying that Ian Richardson, Shakespearian actor, has died. No link yet.

The BBC website is saying that Ian Richardson, Shakespearian actor, has died. No link yet.

Sorry, that was me. Forgot to log in.

Here is the link: BBC News link

Hmmm..sad. A brilliant actor. I remember BBC4 showed a programme made in 1980 called Private Shultz and Richardson had 4 parts in it I think...

He'll always be Francis Urquhart for a lot of people though... :P

Hmmm..sad. A brilliant actor. I remember BBC4 showed a programme made in 1980 called Private Shultz and Richardson had 4 parts in it I think...

BBC4 showed Private Schultz??? I haven't seen that show in years. If I remember rightly, it was Mark Wingett's first main role on television. I've been trying to describe that show to people for years and getting blank looks and I often wondered if my dad and I were the only ones to ever watch it.

That is sad news about Richardson, he was a fantastic actor. I remember watching him in House of Cards, such an intense performance he gave.

You may very well think that he is dead, but I couldn't possibly comment.

BBC4 showed Private Schultz??? I haven't seen that show in years. If I remember rightly, it was Mark Wingett's first main role on television. I've been trying to describe that show to people for years and getting blank looks and I often wondered if my dad and I were the only ones to ever watch it.

That is sad news about Richardson, he was a fantastic actor. I remember watching him in House of Cards, such an intense performance he gave.

Yes, they showed it a few years ago after Michael Elphick died...

very sad news.he was a great actor.Why did it have to be a fictional corrupt prime minister who has dropped dead and not a real one...

Sailing photographer Keith Beken has died aged 92. He sounds a bit obscure to me but he must have achieved some degree of fame for his death to be reported on the BBC's website.

..and yet John Smyth doesn't feature on the BBC Website. Some people eh!

American singer and actress Barbara McNair dead at age 72 from throat cancer.

So sad. I alsways enjoyed her singing and loved her short run television show many moons ago.and her appearances in many movies and television programs....actress and singer and a beautiful lady as well. I wonder if her website will shut down now....Strange tidbit she recently released a CD called Here's To Life

Am I the only person who finds Ian Richardson's death more shocking than that of Anne Nicole Smith, despite Richardson being 35 years older?

Very, very sad. Brilliant actor, possibly, bar Paul Scofield, the best stage actor Britain had remaining.

Interesting that no-one picked him on the DDP. That's how much of a surprise it is. :D

Guest Anne Landers
Am I the only person who finds Ian Richardson's death more shocking than that of Anne Nicole Smith, despite Richardson being 35 years older?
Yes.

Very, very sad. Brilliant actor, possibly, bar Paul Scofield, the best stage actor Britain had remaining.

Interesting that no-one picked him on the DDP. That's how much of a surprise it is.

It shows what everyone else thought of him. Don't take it personally OoO not everyone can like the ones you like.

Interesting that no-one picked him on the DDP. That's how much of a surprise it is. :D

I'm not sure I'd go so far as describing myself as being shocked by Richardson's death. I am a bit surprised as from all reports I've read indicated that he seemed in perfect health. It's a bit like when Gene Pitney suddenly dropped dead last year. It came totally out of the blue.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as describing myself as being shocked by Richardson's death. I am a bit surprised as from all reports I've read indicated that he seemed in perfect health. It's a bit like when Gene Pitney suddenly dropped dead last year. It came totally out of the blue.

But that's what happens in death, there are some surprises...

Just about OoO.

I did not have Anna Nicole Smith on my radar but putting her figures together, she would have just missed all my pool entries anyway. I'm sure having seen Ian Richardson on the telly within the last few months I would have said he had at least 10 years in him. Vital chap, he was still acting the part to the enth degree. Sad loss. ANS - what more can be said? Nice Tits? Shame about the brain!

Balls, I used to live next door to him and he was a lovely old fella. He was a bit tottery then (3 years ago) but he was still as sharp as a tack most of the time, so that's a real miss for me.

his daughter Gemma is a lovely lady. and I still get a Christmas card from her. Sleep easy old chap....and make sure you turn the TV down a bit, some of us are trying to sleep!

Balls, I used to live next door to him and he was a lovely old fella. He was a bit tottery then (3 years ago) but he was still as sharp as a tack most of the time, so that's a real miss for me.

his daughter Gemma is a lovely lady. and I still get a Christmas card from her. Sleep easy old chap....and make sure you turn the TV down a bit, some of us are trying to sleep!

What would his daughter think of you having her dad on your deathlist?!

Not at all. I was thinking the same thing too.