Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Just had an e-mail to say the Bruce Bennett(Tarzan actor) has died.

It's a miss. I would have takin him over Borgnine. What is another centurian. But at the same time he couldn't have been that famous. He was a mediocre actor.

His wikipedia page states that he died on the 25th, I guess we'll have to wait to see when it appears on the actual news sites.

News You Can Use

Lord Forte, of Travelodge fame, has checked out at the age of 98

Oh, raging bollocks.

Ditto my comment about Bennett, DDP & the age rules. :):):):banghead:

Ah well, mid-table obscurity beckons. :(

Lord Forte, of Travelodge fame, has checked out at the age of 98

Oh, raging bollocks.

Ditto my comment about Bennett, DDP & the age rules. :):):):banghead:

Ah well, mid-table obscurity beckons. :(

Grrrrrr Forte was one of my suggestions. I was thinking of putting him on the list next year if he was still alive.

Had the priviledge of meeting Forte when he was a young 79 yr old and I was just a waiter at The Kensington Close Hotel (now the Kensington Post House). He was one of the nicest people you could possibly meet. He worked hard to get where he was, even though his dad lent him some money to set up his first milk bar. It's a shame his son Rocco didn't have the same head for business.

Guest Guest

never heard of him

The Keebler elf has died, well Walker Edmiston who provides the voice in the tv commercials has died at the age of 81

Gareth Morris, celebrated English flute player and brother of the writer Jan (formerly James) Morris, has died.

My first hit on the DDP, Yay

[edit] just checked out the DDP site, I had Maurice Papon as well :)

Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr., the Pulitzer Prize-winning historian and Kennedy insider has died at the age of 89.

link

Britain's oldest killer, dead at 102.

Britain's oldest killer, dead at 102.

Surely he could have found a slightly more humane way to off his wife than slitting her throat?

His wikipedia page states that he died on the 25th, I guess we'll have to wait to see when it appears on the actual news sites.

Its appearing on many US news websites, but nothing in the way of a UK obit yet :lol:

Its appearing on many US news websites, but nothing in the way of a UK obit yet :lol:

It's appeared on The Hindu website

The Portugese international goalkeeper Manuel Bento, who played for Benfica for 18 years (most of them on the subs bench by the looks of his Wiki page) has died suddenly at the age of 58.

The Portugese international goalkeeper Manuel Bento, who played for Benfica for 18 years (most of them on the subs bench by the looks of his Wiki page) has died suddenly at the age of 58.

I remember him - he played for Portugal in the 1986 World Cup against England. That's both their goalkeeper's dead now. I know I've only just turned 29, but deaths like this make me feel old.

That's three of the Portuguese players from the 1986 squad dead already. So much for the Mediterrean diet & lifestyle. :lol::);)

I remember him - he played for Portugal in the 1986 World Cup against England. That's both their goalkeeper's dead now. I know I've only just turned 29, but deaths like this make me feel old.

That's three of the Portuguese players from the 1986 squad dead already. So much for the Mediterrean diet & lifestyle. :lol::);)

It's a pity the death threshold doesn't move twenty years and focus on a certain twinkle-toe'd winger!

I remember Bento - he made some great saves in the classic 1984 European Championship Semi-Final against France.. :P

(several arse-witted posts deleted, IP 80.192.13.173 will be watched for future bell-endery)

[That's three of the Portuguese players from the 1986 squad dead already. So much for the Mediterrean diet & lifestyle. :lol::);)

It will probably be the Atlantic diet and lifestyle. Them being Portuguese and all. :P

Good Point, Dave, but lest we forget, Mr. Dunn, who may have been mentioned in dispatches on these very pages is (possibly) proving immortal on this very diet / lifestyle.

[That's three of the Portuguese players from the 1986 squad dead already. So much for the Mediterrean diet & lifestyle. :lol::);)

It will probably be the Atlantic diet and lifestyle. Them being Portuguese and all. :P

(several arse-witted posts deleted, IP 80.192.13.173 will be watched for future bell-endery)

It is probably the poster formerly known as iain.