Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Sally Clark who was jailed and then later acquitted for the alledged murder of her young children, has been found dead.

Guilty conscience?

Hmmm...I was thinking that... :D

NNNOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

I am absolutely shocked! I had no idea that Dr.Rough was dealing with Parkinson's disease all this time.

Okay, a little background information for those who don't want to hear it.

Back in the days before cell phones, CD players and even March Madness I was a young high school student and searching for colleges. Well, I took my SAT exams and the scores were rather abysmal to say the least. I scored a meager 640 on the verbal (out of 800) and a horrifying 580 on the math.

Well, things looked bleak. Bleak indeed.....by the way, this is almost ironical since I live on Bleecker Streeet :D these :D days :) But anyway I have departed from my original thoughts.....

At the time I was going to be a History major (it was a nifty way to be accepted for admission to most Universities and Colleges). One of the places which came searching for me was Alfred. I applied, I was approved, I toyed with the idea of going there but in the end, I declined and went elsewhere. However Nancy went to college in Alfred....although not Alfred University. Nancy attended the State University of New York at Alfred which is in no way affilliated with Alfred University.

So, that is my tale about my non-association with Dr. Rough. Makes me quite melancholy that I didn't opt to go there. So, where did I go..... Why this lovely place of course, located along the southern shores of Lake Superior and the northern side of Wisconsin. Northland College

Rest peacefully Dr.Rough....you can stop shaking now.

Guest Guest

Betty Hutton has died.

Betty Hutton has died.

As already mentioned by CP 5 days ago

link

Marc Torsilieri has died at the age of 48.

Marc Torsilieri, 48, Provider of Annual Christmas Tree, Is Dead

Marc Torsilieri, who looked like a ginger-bearded lumberjack and played the part in splendid fashion by annually felling the Christmas tree for Rockefeller Center, died on March 12 in Somerville, N.J. He was 48, a little over half the age of most of the Norway spruces he helped find, transport, decorate and remove.

The cause was pancreatic cancer, said his wife, Susan.

The tree rises majestically over the golden statue of Prometheus, happy ice skaters and more than 10 million visitors over the holiday season.

The tradition began humbly in 1931 when construction workers put up a small tree; it gained steam in 1933 when formal tree-lighting began, then grew inexorably into today’s televised extravaganza.

Marc Torsilieri stood 5-foot-11 and weighed 240 pounds

Marc Frank Torsilieri was born in Morristown, N.J., on July 28, 1958, and graduated from Delhi College of Technology in 1978 with a degree in horticulture. He lived in Three Bridges, N.J., and moonlighted as a mover of large sculptures for museums.

In addition to his wife, the former Susan Fehrenback, Mr. Torsilieri is survived by two daughters, Liza and Phoebe; a son, Samuel; his parents, Carl and Lois; a sister, Carla J. D’Agostino of Marin County, Calif.; and his brothers, Guy, of White House Station, N.J., and Dean, of East Amwell, N.J.

He liked telling Christmas tree stories, including one about a woman who rushed out in tears after hers was cut down. They turned out to be tears of joy: she had long thought her bathroom was hopelessly infected by mold, but it turned out that its sickly green color was from the tree’s shadow.

Once, with television cameras waiting in Rockefeller Center, the tractor-trailer got stuck in the mud in a Pennsylvania field, and the tree was a day late.

“That year is forever etched in my mind: 1985,” Mr. Torsilieri said.

I am absolutely shocked! I had no idea that Dr.Rough was dealing with Parkinson's disease all this time.

Back in the days before cell phones, CD players and even March Madness I was a young high school student and searching for colleges. Well, I took my SAT exams and the scores were rather abysmal to say the least. I scored a meager 640 on the verbal (out of 800) and a horrifying 580 on the math.

Well, things looked bleak. Bleak indeed.....by the way, this is almost ironical since I live on Bleecker Streeet :D these :D days :)

Give us a wave, Bruno!

(Doesn't look like that restaurant's owt special)

Well, things looked bleak. Bleak indeed.....by the way, this is almost ironical since I live on Bleecker Streeet :D these :D days :)

Give us a wave, Bruno!

(Doesn't look like that restaurant's owt special)

I'm inside setting at a table enjoying some pasta......although they seem offended at the idea of giving me a beer (must have been here before :) )

Some luck you got Canadian Paul. The short straw is truly yours this time. You knocked out the eight ball, stepped on a crack, must have shattered a mirror or walked under some working man's ladder. That is what I call hard luck, but I still don't really believe in all of it. But lately I have noticed that no matter if you are talking about luck or fate, for me they both keep getting weirder and weirder all of the time.

So for a long time, I had been trying to figure out who the oldest living Olympic medalist was. The trail went dead with Feroze Khan in April 2005, but just yesterday I finally came across an article from late February 2007 that described Roger Beaufrand as being that titleholder. So being the intrepid young lad that I am, I went out, made a Wikipedia page for him, and gave him a quick spot on my upcoming WDP.

Then it turns out he died three days before. Back to square one. :crossbone:

Isn't that a little bit the other side of the cheating line by you yourself making a wiki page of someone you intend to put in a team? :huh:

Not according to the WDP rules! :pop:

But seriously, I was under the impression that as long as the person was notable enough for it to last, it was acceptable. Ross Davidson didn't have a wiki page until after entries were being accepted last year.

This site really f***ing sucks now that posts are being indiscriminately deleted.

A shame, as it used to be quite good.

Not like a man of your discernment to rant Alphonsin, so - therefore - worth taking seriously when it happens.

Stay and be friendly, or at least raise the tone again.

This site really f***ing sucks now that posts are being indiscriminately deleted.

Alphonsin, your post was moved to the cricket thread. Chill out, everything will be OK :crossbone:

Alphonsin, your post was moved to the cricket thread. Chill out, everything will be OK :crossbone:

I have some sympathy with Alphonsin here. For the shock death of one of England's foremost openers to be relegated to a thread under the "extra-curricular" heading is surely a little strange! Correct me if I'm wrong (it won't be the first time!) but I thought the threads in that section all related to stuff which was indeed "extra-curricular", i.e. not directly death related (such as discussing who supports the crappiest football team, what you had for breakfast, etc.)

I have some sympathy with Alphonsin here. For the shock death of one of England's foremost openers to be relegated to a thread under the "extra-curricular" heading is surely a little strange! Correct me if I'm wrong (it won't be the first time!) but I thought the threads in that section all related to stuff which was indeed "extra-curricular", i.e. not directly death related (such as discussing who supports the crappiest football team, what you had for breakfast, etc.)

Good Call

Exactly. Are we to then have an extra-curricular 'film stars' thread, or other threads for politicians, or one solely dedicated to left-handed female Polynesian skydivers?

My understanding was that 'The Dead' thread was for the reporting of departures of all persuasions, and is the obvious place to go for information on recent deaths. This alteration makes no sense at all, and having to second-guess where any such news might be found hardly makes using the forum easier.

Reinstate Bob Woolmer now, and all who follow him into the last pavilion! :pop:

Exactly. Are we to then have an extra-curricular 'film stars' thread, or other threads for politicians, or one solely dedicated to left-handed female Polynesian skydivers?

My understanding was that 'The Dead' thread was for the reporting of departures of all persuasions, and is the obvious place to go for information on recent deaths. This alteration makes no sense at all, and having to second-guess where any such news might be found hardly makes using the forum easier.

It does get slightly confusing when there are so many other threads for reporting deaths.

How about if a death gets moved to another thread that a link is left in "The Dead" thread ?

What would happen if it was a former cricketer who then formed a band (as their drummer) and then commited suicide. Which thread would we report their death in? Suicidal celebs? dead drummers? or the cricket thread?

It does get slightly confusing when there are so many other threads for reporting deaths.

How about if a death gets moved to another thread that a link is left in "The Dead" thread ?

What would happen if it was a former cricketer who then formed a band (as their drummer) and then commited suicide. Which thread would we report their death in? Suicidal celebs? dead drummers? or the cricket thread?

Could there be two "dead" threads - one for the famous celebrities and one for the non-celebrities sort of the A-list and the Z-list as I find this thread does sometimes has one too many left handed polynesian skydivers who are of the female persuasian. I believe before there was a not so famous thread?

2 dead threads was too confusing. Just the one works fine.. the cricket death was an exeption because the thread was in the extra-corricular...

If anyone is reporting a death, it should go in the Dead Thread (unless they have their own thread).

2 dead threads was too confusing. Just the one works fine.. the cricket death was an exeption because the thread was in the extra-corricular...

If anyone is reporting a death, it should go in the Dead Thread (unless they have their own thread).

It did get very confusing with the "famous" and "not so famous" threads, I think it got to the stage near the end of the year when it was proposed that we should have had a third thread roughly titled "they're dead, but who the bloody hell were they?"

Hasn't all of this kicked off cos Bob Woolmer died and isn't in The Dead thread. I'm guessing as he started off as not dead on first report then The Dead thread wasn't appropriate.

Just my interpretation.

the thing should have had nothing to do with the bloody cricket thread that was about the ashes until Bob died...

thats a thread to talk about cricket, in the extra corricular.. MODS: put it back in the dead thread and stop messing about with posts... - who moved it anyway?

It did get very confusing with the "famous" and "not so famous" threads, I think it got to the stage near the end of the year when it was proposed that we should have had a third thread roughly titled "they're dead, but who the bloody hell were they?"

I think the problem was that everyone had different ideas about who was sufficiently famous for the 'famous' thread, which caused rather a lot of ill-temperedness and bickering. I seem to remember that Iain's major crime was to post deaths in the wrong thread.

In the midst of all this sniveling and sniffling (and yea, eaven I am sure some snuffling) over famous and not famous deadies and where and when posts are moved or re-moved or removed or renovated; you have all neglected to keep to the theme of this area which is THE Dead.....good dead, bad dead, rich dead, poor dead, happy dead, sad dead, old dead, young dead, red dead, orthotic device dead, famous dead, unknown persons dead....well,, um,, uoy see the thing I'm talking about.

Turns out while your feud raged on our friend Buck Jones died. Buck was well known for his one hit wonder country tuneYou Only Call Me When You're Drunk.

Buck Jones --ROYSE CITY, Texas (March 19) - An up-and-coming country singer was struck and killed as he walked along an interstate service road, and the driver is being held on an intoxicated manslaughter charge, officials said Sunday.

Buck Jones, who released an album called "Lucky Star" in 2005, was struck from behind early Saturday off Interstate 30, authorities said.

Jones, 33, of Nashville, Tenn., had blown a tire and was looking for a mile marker so road assistance crews could find him, promoter and co-producer Billy Block said in a statement.

The driver was being held Sunday night in Greenville on a charge of intoxicated manslaughter with a vehicle.