Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

"TELEVISION and film director Stuart Rosenberg, whose best-known movies include the prison drama Cool Hand Luke, and hit chiller The Amityville Horror, has died of a heart attack at age 79, his family said today."

Link

Guest Guest

former Iraqi vice president Taha Yassim Ramadam dead by hanging .And another one bites the dust...

former Iraqi vice president Taha Yassim Ramadam dead by hanging .And another one bites the dust...

Already mentioned here in the Saddam Hussein thread

Dallas Cowboys' super fan Crazy Ray, dead at age 76

0922_crazyray250b.jpg

(that's him on the right). Probably doesn't even pass the Man-on-the-Street fame test in the US, although I remember him from Cowboy games. Maybe Carol Ann can give us some local insight whether all of Big D is in mourning today.

it's a shame about Ray

No UK obit yet, but surely there will be, British Cinematographer Freddie Francis has died at age 89, following the lingering effects of a stroke.

A unique pick for Grobler's Stiff Ones on the DDP.

No UK obit yet, but surely there will be, British Cinematographer Freddie Francis has died at age 89, following the lingering effects of a stroke.

Strangely enough, Freddie Francis was the director of "Dr. Terror's House of Horror", starring Roy Castle and mentioned only yesterday in another thread.

Even more strangely enough, I have just this minute finished watching that film.

Spooky or what?

Mr.Notapotato as I said before, strange things have been happening and I don't know why. Luck is twisted. Fate is weird. The evidence is all on the table. The only question is what do you make of it?

Dallas Cowboys' super fan Crazy Ray, dead at age 76

0922_crazyray250b.jpg

(that's him on the right). Probably doesn't even pass the Man-on-the-Street fame test in the US, although I remember him from Cowboy games. Maybe Carol Ann can give us some local insight whether all of Big D is in mourning today.

it's a shame about Ray

He hadn't been well for quite a while.

It's a shame - a lot of people don't even remember him, but I would bet you could go to any Steelers or 49ers fan around my age and he'd pass the "Man on the Street" test. I used to love it when he came to our high school games and ran around whipping up the crowd.

I'm sure there will be columns written about him ad nauseum. The Dallas Cowboys are having a public memorial service for him at Texas Stadium on Saturday - parking lot opens at 9am if you're in Dallas.

Unfortunately, I'm still in California, so I won't be able to go. I would if I was home, though.

I say we close this thread. I hate to complain, but the list is just so dead and I mean in a very lively way. At this rate it looks like five hits by the end of this year. I really hope not, but somebody look out the window. Nobody is making any noise. Spring is supposed to come early this year, but nobody is outside. And I'm getting sick of this place. I think I'm taking a walk for a while. I won't be home.

I say we close this thread. I hate to complain, but the list is just so dead and I mean in a very lively way. At this rate it looks like five hits by the end of this year. I really hope not, but somebody look out the window. Nobody is making any noise. Spring is supposed to come early this year, but nobody is outside. And I'm getting sick of this place. I think I'm taking a walk for a while. I won't be home.

Any chance I can have Banshees as a late pick for 2007 please?!

Cheer up mate!

Albert Baez scientist and also father of Joan Baez has died at the age of 94

Sven O. Hoiby er dod.

Father of the Crown Princess of Norway and unique selection on the DDP, assuming a British obit surfaces.

It's obviously a day for fathers of the famous:

Woody Harrelson's father dies in prison

"Charles Harrelson was convicted of murder in the May 29, 1979, slaying of U.S. District Judge John Wood Jr. outside his San Antonio, Texas, home. Prosecutors said a drug dealer hired him to kill Wood because he did not want the judge to preside at his upcoming trial."

Ah....on the scoreboard at last (massive obit in todays Guardian )

Irish Cricket President Bob Kerr has died of a heart attack in Jamaica. Link

Another who seemed fine & suddenly gone. Ireland, of course, beat Pakistan to ruin all the match-fixers hopes. Murder number two???

Probably not, but it's one hell of a coincidence.

Another who seemed fine & suddenly gone. Ireland, of course, beat Pakistan to ruin all the match-fixers hopes. Murder number two???

They need to fly Angela Lansbury, Quincy and Columbo out there pronto before it turns into the Wink Murder World Cup.

Bloody hell!

One for Barnaby I think..... :)

Letterman sidekick Calvert DeForest aka. Larry "Bud" Melman dead.

I'd known he'd retired from illness, wasn't aware how serious it was.

Guest Guest

Retired from illness? Good heavens, he's dead. Clearly he had not retired from illness.

I once rubbed Larry "Bud" Melman on the head when he appeared at a University of Wisconsin football game, circa 1986.

A comic genius, whether he knew it or now. He will be missed

[above link appears to not work any longer, so here's a new one

Larry Bud]