Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Chris Phillips, 50, the chief executive of Scottish Widows Investment Group, has frozen to death on a Spanish mountain. :)

Tonight I have realized that I am here for other reasons then death.

Damn, since I first read that post I have been frantically trying to resist putting my pedant head on, but surely we are ALL here "for other reasons then death". I will assume you meant "than"!

Sorry, Banshees, no offence!

Chris Phillips, 50, the chief executive of Scottish Widows Investment Group, has frozen to death on a Spanish mountain. :)

...bit of a draft then..

..Coat. Got.

Mark Langford, former boss of The Accident Group, who infamously sacked 2,500 staff by text message, has died in a car crash in Spain:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...accident110.xml

I wonder what emotions some of those 2,500 pour souls will be feeling on hearing the news...

"Revenue and Customs were pursuing Mr Langford for unpaid tax. ... A Foreign Office spokesman said they were unable to confirm details of the crash" - hmm, could he be trying to pull a Stonehouse?

Mark Langford, former boss of The Accidnet Group, who infamously sacked 2,500 staff by text message, has died in a car crash in Spain:

I wonder what emotions some of those 2,500 pour souls will be feeling on hearing the news...

"Revenue and Customs were pursuing Mr Langford for unpaid tax. ... A Foreign Office spokesman said they were unable to confirm details of the crash" - hmm, could he be trying to pull a Stonehouse?

what goes around comes around...

Mark Langford, former boss of The Accidnet Group, who infamously sacked 2,500 staff by text message, has died in a car crash in Spain:

f*****g Karma or what?

Karma? Sure as hell looks that way. I mean, all sympathies to his nearest and dearest but, then again:

:):):lol:

Ed Charon, who broke five world records in, er, ripping telephone books apart, has collapsed and died at the age of 71. :)

Victor Kneale. Manxman and Former Speaker of the House of Keys

http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.as...ticleID=2678831

Now, that's got me thinking. A while back we had a thread about whether a Belgian could make the Deathlist. After much discussion - there were at least 12 posts - we kinda came to a consensus that every nation on earth could have someone on the list because heads of state, at least, would get a broadsheet obit, even if they were - like - Tongan or summat.

But, I wonder, if we exclude famous incomers buying homes on Britain's islands, how many of those said islands have a native famous enough for the DL? I mean, Evelyn Glennie is from Islay so some definitely count but......could a native Manx person, other than Handrejka, make the DL?

Daffyd Field sad story all round, but...he coulda been a DDP 2008 contender, sort of thing.

Victor Kneale. Manxman and Former Speaker of the House of Keys

http://www.iomonline.co.im/ViewArticle2.as...ticleID=2678831

Now, that's got me thinking. A while back we had a thread about whether a Belgian could make the Deathlist. After much discussion - there were at least 12 posts - we kinda came to a consensus that every nation on earth could have someone on the list because heads of state, at least, would get a broadsheet obit, even if they were - like - Tongan or summat.

But, I wonder, if we exclude famous incomers buying homes on Britain's islands, how many of those said islands have a native famous enough for the DL? I mean, Evelyn Glennie is from Islay so some definitely count but......could a native Manx person, other than Handrejka, make the DL?

Actually I'm English.

I think I've mentioned Sir Frank Kermode before and there was the late Nigel Kneale of course. Roy Dotrice and John Savident were born in Guernsey. I'm not sure about the other islands.

hang on a sec - what goes around comes around? Death? he sacked people with a text message so what? that isn't karma. poor bastard just died in a car crash.

hang on a sec - what goes around comes around? Death? he sacked people with a text message so what? that isn't karma. poor bastard just died in a car crash.

Yes. He was the former boss of the Accident Group.......

.....But, I wonder, if we exclude famous incomers buying homes on Britain's islands, how many of those said islands have a native famous enough for the DL? I mean, Evelyn Glennie is from Islay so some definitely count but......could a native Manx person, other than Handrejka, make the DL?

I thought Evelyn Glennie was from Inverurie.

Presumably Revenue and Customs weren't actually pursuing him at the time of the crash, unless they have an agressive motorised unit?

Actually I'm English.

I think I've mentioned Sir Frank Kermode before and there was the late Nigel Kneale of course. Roy Dotrice and John Savident were born in Guernsey. I'm not sure about the other islands.

The only famous islanders I know of are from the Channel Islands, and they're not old or ill. And they're both ex-football players.

Matt Le Tissier is from Guernsey, and Graeme Le Saux is from Jersey. I think.

Good point Whitehouse. I didn't understand your venom at first but now I do. Townie 1488, you're either an idiot or a Nazi or both. In any case you are beneath contempt.

You will believe in Mermaids, Pixies & pots of gold at the end of rainbows also, no doubt. Along with the Hoax of the 20th century.

I have no doubt in my mind that in 50 years, if you'll ever live the day, you will absolutely deny 9-11 did happen. Guess you'll call that the great CNN hoax...

There'll be a few of them, I suspect.

I, on the other hand, if I'm still alive in fifty years time will probably get stuck in jail for heretically denying that there were thirty-two buildings destroyed and 17,000 people killed.

A couple of interesting snippets from the following link:

http://www.injurywatch.co.uk/news-and-grou...r-crash-1147643

"Trade union worker Alec McFadden, who represented the interests of sacked workers in the TAG liquidation, described Mr Langford's death as "a sad end". He said: "As a human being, I am sad that a man has died, but it's right to say that the people I represent had their lives turned upside down by the actions of a company that Mark Langford was in charge of. Some of them ended up in poverty, others ended up getting divorced, some have never really managed to get another reasonable job. It's a sad situation for everyone, and a sad end to the life of a man who did have a damaging effect on the lives of thousands of people."

In 2000, William Thornley, 73, died when he was knocked down by Mr Langford's Ferrari near Manchester United's Old Trafford ground. Mr Langford was fined £1,000 after being found guilty of careless driving but was cleared of causing death by dangerous driving. He was earlier banned for 22 months for drink-driving and had only had his licence returned to him six months before the fatal crash."

Mark Langford, former boss of The Accident Group, who infamously sacked 2,500 staff by text message, has died in a car crash in Spain:

I wonder if his family will try to get some kind of compensation (on a "no win no fee" basis of course)

Terry Hall, who was one of the earliest children's television entertainers, along with his sidekick Lenny the Lion, has died after a long illness, aged 80.

Terry Hall, who was one of the earliest children's television entertainers, along with his sidekick Lenny the Lion, has died after a long illness, aged 80.

Has Lenny died too?

Has Lenny died too?

The average lifespan of a lion in the wild is up to 16 years. In captivity, they often live 10 years beyond that.

My guess is that he died years ago.

Lenny the Lion isn't exactly an exclusive franchise, the Shrewsbury Town mascot remains alive and well.