Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Comic strip creator Johnny Hart, famous for B.C. and The Wizard of Id, has died.

Didn't see that one coming.

Did anyone put a double on at the bookies?:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/358/story/40893.html

"Cartoonist Brant Parker, who co-created the comic strip “The Wizard of Id” and rendered its medieval kingdom for more than three decades, has died. He was 86 ... His death came eight days after longtime “Wizard” collaborator Johnny Hart died of a stroke at 76"

The mayor of Nagasaki was shot today and died tomorrow.

My sense of good taste wonders whether or not I should say "betcha he's not the first person in Nagasaki to be blown away" as would be expected 'round these parts.

that would be in incredibly bad taste Paul.We frown on that sort of thing on here :blink:

that would be in incredibly bad taste Paul.We frown on that sort of thing on here :angry:

Do we? :blink::blink::bomb::rip::rip:

Mary D Crisp dead at 83.Another legend gone

The mayor of Nagasaki was shot today and died tomorrow.

My sense of good taste wonders whether or not I should say "betcha he's not the first person in Nagasaki to be blown away" as would be expected 'round these parts.

I thought the same. Great minds & all that hey... :blink:

No more bad taste than wanting us to gather & pray for Henry Kissinger's death hey Dave/Iain?

Keep the tasteless jokes coming, this site has become awfully politically correct all of a sudden.

former govt minister in John Majors government Robert Jones has died aged 56

Guest Guest

Actress Kitty Carlisle hart has died and was selected on the DDP.

Article

I selected her on the DDP. Too bad it was only last year. :(

Couple of relatively notable deaths:

Andrej Kvasnak, long serving midfielder, who played in the 1962 World Cup Final for Czechoslovakia vs Brazil, has died, aged 70. He died of lung cancer.

Lt. Col Ronald Spiers has died just short of his 87th birthday. Anybody who watched the TV show Band of Brothers will know who he is. For those of you who don't, this Scottish born soldier was one of the USA's great WW2 heros, a hero in the Battle of the Bulge, the leader of those who captured Hitler's Eagles Nest, who also fought in Korea & later became a governor of Spandau Prison. :(Tribute Page here

and on the subject of World Cup footballers..

Raymond Kaelbel has died.

I've talked often about how the 1958 French World Cup team seems to be remarkably long-living & healthy compared to all their contemparies.

Kaelbel's death is only the 2nd loss from that team, which puts them equal with Jamaica's 1998 squad, for starters.

how many times did I urge deathlist selectors to put her on this years list? and now look.yet another big miss

how many times did I urge deathlist selectors to put her on this years list?

According to the search history, the answer is ZERO.

The only one who ever championed her cause properly was Canadian Paul, and only two people picked her on the DDP. I don't think the Deathlist need hang its head in shame with her death.

Dave / Iain is back on fine form I see. Useless predictions, false and misleading posts, go back to your friends at the BBC site, I'm sure they miss you.

The map sums him up for sure :(

Hopefully someone will ban Dave soon as they did Iain..

...Anyway, moving on, Ulfat Idilbi has died, aged 94. She was a feted Syrian writer, known to me because of my long standing interest in Syria, but I'm not sure how many other people know of her. Maybe CP because of his Arabic studies? She was my secret 2008 DDP candidate, but alas, no longer, but she did get a UK obit, as I hoped.

Hans Koning, profilic author, is dead, at the age of 85. Obit. "A Walk with Love & Death" adorned the bookshelf at home for many years.

Emma Kelly, okay we're in 'don't go there/tragic/Wendy Ainscow stylee territory, but if anyone had listed her on the DDP there'd be enough in tomorrow's papers to bring in the points.

widow of walmart founder dead

Former PM John Majors brother Terry Major Ball has died according to ITV teletext

info here

Former PM John Majors brother Terry Major Ball has died according to ITV teletext

info here

Guardian link here

75?

I had no idea he was that old...

Susan Elliot,actress and widow of Denhom Elliot,has been killed in a fire at her home aged 65