Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Guest Guest
Former trade and industry secretary, Paul Channon has died at the age of 71

he will be sadly missed-who can forget his succesful stint as transport secretary in the 80s-ok there was the Clapham train disaster, the Kings Cross underground tragedy, the Zeebruge ferry disaster,Lockerbie and the plane disaster when a passenegr plane crashed on the motorway but apart from that...

Guest Guest

not tomention all those weapons he sold to Sadam Hussein as trade minister! What a guy.We really need mo re people in politics like him

he will be sadly missed-who can forget his succesful stint as transport secretary in the 80s-ok there was the Clapham train disaster, the Kings Cross underground tragedy, the Zeebruge ferry disaster,Lockerbie and the plane disaster when a passenegr plane crashed on the motorway but apart from that...

I see that the UK had a government minister who isn't just a criminal, but also looks like one:

42510637channon203tk4.jpg

(picture from BBC News website)

The Dutch made such a crook, Dr. Ruud Lubbers, Prime Minister:

lubbersis9.jpg

(picture from http://www.parlement.com

Let's hope Lubbers, who not only steals from the poor to give to the rich, but also likes to pinch his secretaries' buttocks, follows Lord Kelvedon's splendid example soon.

regards,

Hein

I see that the UK had a government minister who isn't just a criminal, but also looks like one:

42510637channon203tk4.jpg

(picture from BBC News website)

The Dutch made such a crook, Dr. Ruud Lubbers, Prime Minister:

lubbersis9.jpg

(picture from http://www.parlement.com

Let's hope Lubbers, who not only steals from the poor to give to the rich, but also likes to pinch his secretaries' buttocks, follows Lord Kelvedon's splendid example soon.

regards,

Hein

Channon's life was blighted by the early death of his smackhead daughter Olivia, from which point on his tense face and the bags under his eyes suggested all of life lost its sparkle. I'm guessing that's why he has the lacking human warmth/forcing a smile look of some crims in that portrait.

Just saw the news headlines that Sidney Sheldon has died

link

Osama bin Ladens brother in law murdered by burglars .Poetic justice or what

How is it poetic justice, when Khalifa didn't agree with Osama's political views at all?

A few notables who have died:

Yelena Romanova, 1992 Olympic Champion in the 3,000m has died, at just 43. Link

Veteran British actress, Victoria Hopper, has also died, at the grand old age of 98. link

and Molly Ivins, who has been selected on the DDP, the author/journo has died of cancer at 62 link

Molly Ivins, who has been selected on the DDP, the author/journo has died of cancer at 62 link

Molly will be missed in Texas political circles.

Guest dave

Leading anti-apartheid activist and wife of Oliver Tambo Adelaide Tambo has died suddenly at 77

Guest dave

actress Anna Cropper ,wife of Coronation Street actor William Roache, has died at 68

Gian Carlo Menotti, composer, dead at 95.

Can I assure you all that when I compiled my 20 picks yesterday afternoon (albeit a bit late, but I'm only doing it for fun), I was in no way cheating with his inclusion! Just looked on a list I'd compiled a couple of years ago and thought "he's getting on a bit!"

actress Anna Cropper ,wife of Coronation Street actor William Roache, has died at 68

Iain/Dave/Smithy/Stan/Cuntface, whatever you call yourself now, it would help if you took the time to LOOK at the obit.

Cropper was the ex-wife of Bill Roache.

A great actress, I remember some of her fine performances well. <_<

Guest dave

ex labour MP Linda Smith found dead at 49

PS can I ask the moderators if its permissable for users to use such foul language to personally insult other users?

ex labour MP Linda Smith found dead at 49

PS can I ask the moderators if its permissable for users to use such foul language to personally insult other users?

....er Fiona Jones you mean?

Guest Guest

make that ex MP Fiona Jones.wasw thinking of the comedienne who died last year

Natural causes....at 49!?!

The thoroughness of your research is astounding! Have you ever thought of applying for a job on the "Daily Star"?

"Our early editions carried a news story that Osama Bin Laden has been found dead. We would like to make a minor correction. It was apparently someone's cat"