Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

I just heard on the radio that Tom Poston has died at the age of 85

I'll try and find a link a bit later as there doesn't seem to be one apart from wikipedia

Zola Taylor, former singer with R&B group The Platters and widow of the 50s singer Frankie Lymon, has died at the age of 69.

I'll try and find a link a bit later as there doesn't seem to be one apart from wikipedia

There's loads now (45 minutes later):- here's one, for example

I wonder if Pleshette, also ill from cancer, will go soon as well after her husband's death?

Another hit (obit depending, but that shouldn't be a problem) for the DDP (and They Died but Left Me In Charge's 5th hit), but Canadian Paul didn't choose him on that one - a bit unfortunate really, as CP was the main one to propose him as a decent candidate.

Also half-an-argument that he should've been a DL candidate, I suppose, but again it is harsh to blame Dl for missing him out.

Well as the wait goes on for Callwood & Lindsey Hughes obits, add another one for the DDP obit wait - Rita Widdecombe died recently at her home.

Someone NOT on the DDP, and suprisingly not mentioned here either is Shin Hyon Hwak, who was a former Prime Minister of South Korea. He died late last month.

omg if Anne Widdecombe lives as long as her mother we've got another 30 or 40 years of her .What a thought! :P

Tarzan actor Gordon Scott is no longer swinging ..He played the part from 1955 to 1960.heres a pic of him in the role-He's on the left,thats Pres Bush in the middle i think

Guest Guest
The BBC is reporting Iraqi intellgence claims that Abu Ayyub al-Masri (also known as Anu Hamza al-Muhajer), the leader of Al-Qaeda in Iraq has been killed. Claims and counter claims to follow, no doubt.

And yet another hit for on the DDP.

New Zealand film director Brad McGann has died at 43.He became internationally known for his film 'In My Fathers Den'

New Zealand film director Brad McGann has died at 43.He became internationally known for his film 'In My Fathers Den'

Never heard of it.

Never heard of it.

full info here :P

Guest Shuffler

Never heard of it.

My sentiments entirely, Olveres! Never heard of him either. Dave is up to his other annoying trait of trawling the 'net for people who have died just so he can post them on here, thinking he can gain kudos. Whilst I don't doubt McGann was a hugely competent director and quite well known in New Zealand, he surely does not pass the famousness test, and the report of his death is not interesting from any other angle, such as quirkiness.

Never heard of it.

My sentiments entirely, Olveres! Never heard of him either. Dave is up to his other annoying trait of trawling the 'net for people who have died just so he can post them on here, thinking he can gain kudos. Whilst I don't doubt McGann was a hugely competent director and quite well known in New Zealand, he surely does not pass the famousness test, and the report of his death is not interesting from any other angle, such as quirkiness.

I appreciate this is the DEATHLIST, but seriously Dave, get a LIFE.

Honorary vice-president of Chelsea FC apparently killed in helicopter accident:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20070502/...nd-45dbed5.html

"Mr [Phillip] Carter, 44, is worth £92m and is Britain's 770th wealthiest person, according to The Sunday Times Rich List."

Note to self: If I ever become a director of Chelsea, don't get in a helicopter!

Honorary vice-president of Chelsea FC apparently killed in helicopter accident:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20070502/...nd-45dbed5.html

"Mr [Phillip] Carter, 44, is worth £92m and is Britain's 770th wealthiest person, according to The Sunday Times Rich List."

Note to self: If I ever become a director of Chelsea, don't get in a helicopter!

I think they might find Mr Carter was worth £92m. Chelsea directors and helicopters do seem to be rather poor bedfellows.

Never heard of it.

well some people on here might live in New Zealand and be traumatized by his death :P

I wonder if Pleshette, also ill from cancer, will go soon as well after her husband's death?

Another hit (obit depending, but that shouldn't be a problem) for the DDP (and They Died but Left Me In Charge's 5th hit), but Canadian Paul didn't choose him on that one - a bit unfortunate really, as CP was the main one to propose him as a decent candidate.

Also half-an-argument that he should've been a DL candidate, I suppose, but again it is harsh to blame Dl for missing him out.

Thanks OoO,

I even had a quick check for an obit before I left work (about 15 minutes after submitting the post) by the time I got home there were quite a few obits and his death was even reported on the CNN crawler.

Pleshette seems to be going back and forth with her health. I heard a radio interview with her a couple of months ago and she seems fine, quite confident in her battle against cancer. But who knows when it will start to wear her out.

well some people on here might live in New Zealand and be traumatized by his death :P

So you reckon someone traumatized by a person's death would start looking on a site like this? ... Oh, wait, they do, don't they?! I can never fathom out the logic of such ranters!

Never heard of it.

well some people on here might live in New Zealand and be traumatized by his death :pop:

I'm traumatized by your posts... :P

Guest Guest

canadian paul has him on hartlepool though

canadian paul has him on hartlepool though

Hi dave......

Hi dave......

Hi Olveres

South African actor Emgee Pretorious is dead at 83

he will, arguably, be best remembered for his role as the pipe-smoking Veldsman in the Afrikaans television series and later movie Kooperasiestories in the 1980s

How did I manage to miss that one? :P:P

Guest Shuffler

I'm just hearing that a distant cousin of Papua New Guinea's 7th most famous soap star has been bitten to death by a rabid squirrel whilst holidaying in Northern Scotland.

Over to dave for the link...

Jimmy Henshaw, a Cumbrian rock legend, or summat. He wrote a song or two for The Animals, you know.

Jimmy Henshaw, a Cumbrian rock legend, or summat. He wrote a song or two for The Animals, you know.

Spotted that one earlier MPFC, but thought I'd leave it to your good self to pay tribute...