Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Al Hunter Ashton who played "Pitbull" in "London's Burning" and was also an Eastenders scriptwriter has died aged 49.

Jimmy Henshaw, a Cumbrian rock legend, or summat. He wrote a song or two for The Animals, you know.

Spotted that one earlier MPFC, but thought I'd leave it to your good self to pay tribute...

Dunno about that tribute, but with Henshaw and Greg Ridley arriving in the last few months that rehearsal room in Heaven reserved for the Cumbrian contingent - who tend to like the heads down, no nonsense, mindless boogie stylee - must be starting to rock a little.

Mike Harrison still breathes mind, they're short of a real class vocalist.

I'm actually going to defend Dave/Iain :P on a couple of things.

Although he did spell the name wrong, he was the first to report the death of Dabbs Greer on here.

Also, Brad McGann is of interest for those of us on the DDP, as he was (or could be) a hit for Go Fish.

But I admit including the South African fellow was a bit stupid.

VSBfromH Posted Today, 09:37 PM

Al Hunter Ashton who played "Pitbull" in "London's Burning" and was also an Eastenders scriptwriter has died aged 49.

A shame, I remember him well in London's Burning & other programmes. 49, again, no age at all :P

I'm just hearing that a distant cousin of Papua New Guinea's 7th most famous soap star has been bitten to death by a rabid squirrel whilst holidaying in Northern Scotland.

Over to dave for the link...

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm here :P

the man who was prime minister of Afghanistan before Gulbuddin Hekmatyar has been assassinated

and the former President of Haiti Joseph Nerette has died

the man who was prime minister of Afghanistan before Gulbuddin Hekmatyar has been assassinated

and the former President of Haiti Joseph Nerette has died

Anyone of any note died today dave?

lok I'm trying my best ok.If Maggie Thatcher or the queen kicks the bucket I'll be sure to report it here first :P

lok I'm trying my best ok.If Maggie Thatcher or the queen kicks the bucket I'll be sure to report it here first :P

Interesting use of capital letters for Thatcher but not Her Majesty. You a Republican?

I'm actually going to defend Dave/Iain :P on a couple of things.

Although he did spell the name wrong, he was the first to report the death of Dabbs Greer on here.

Also, Brad McGann is of interest for those of us on the DDP, as he was (or could be) a hit for Go Fish.

But I admit including the South African fellow was a bit stupid.

VSBfromH Posted Today, 09:37 PM

A shame, I remember him well in London's Burning & other programmes. 49, again, no age at all :P

I don't remember that character at all. I watched it for a few years when it started, then I lost track when I started working evening shifts and would always forget to tape it.

I think the last episode I watched was when the character of Vaseline drowned trying to rescue someone, but that's all I can remember.

Interesting use of capital letters for Thatcher but not Her Majesty. You a Republican?

I am as it happens,but that wa s just a typo

Robert Mugabe is celebrating today-one of the key leaders of the opposition in Zimbabwe is dead

a Sudanese goat named Rose who caused a sensation when she was found having sex with a drunk man last year has choked to death on a plastic bag..Sudan is said to be in a state of mourning tonight

Considering you only get your deaths from reading the Recent Deaths page on Wikipedia like all of us, and not using Google Search, I personally doubt that claim.

I'm pretty certain that none of the DL deaths in the last 2 years were first reported by iain, but maybe someone can prove me wrong.

Astronaut Wally Shirra has died at the age of 84

84?! My, how time flies...

well Googles such a bore isnt it,which is why I can only report the death of the defence minister of Cyprus , Nicos Symineodes or however you spell that silly name.the Queen stil aint snuffed it I'm afraid

well Googles such a bore isnt it,which is why I can only report the death of the defence minister of Cyprus , Nicos Symineodes or however you spell that silly name.the Queen stil aint snuffed it I'm afraid

you mean Symeonides?

yeah whatever...bloody foreigners...

yeah whatever...bloody foreigners...

It's all Greek to me

I'm surprised Dave didn't see this one...

Henare Te Ua the veteran Maori radio broadcaster has died at the age of 74 :P:P

I'd check the Animal Antics thread if I were you

That's where he found out about it....

And then he cunningly found a different link to make it look as though he found it all by himself :)

I'd check the Animal Antics thread if I were you

That's where he found out about it....

And then he cunningly found a different link to make it look as though he found it all by himself <_<

Exactly. Ciao dave :)

Guest Invité

Drive-by report, not too famous, but want to hear your opinions on a matter of deathlist ethics...

Gregory LeMarchal, winner of France's Fame Academy/X-Factor style show in 2004, died this week of complications from cystic fibrosis (muscoviscidose, word for the week for language students).

His illness was known at the time of his victory in the competition (perhaps even exploited; his most famous performance being a duet on Queen's "The Show Must Go On"), so cynics - and I believe there are plenty to be found here - might suggest he wouldn't have got famous if he was fit and healthy at the time. Nevertheless, he was undoubtedly talented & very hard-working; what's the verdict on this one? If the same scenario occurred in the UK or the states, would you count the guy as being famous only for being ill, or a valid candidate?

Au revoir, jeune homme.

PS - sorry I can't find a link in English; not sure it'd make Le Monde if Darius Danesh or Rik Waller got 'voted off' either

Drive-by report, not too famous, but want to hear your opinions on a matter of deathlist ethics...

Gregory LeMarchal, winner of France's Fame Academy/X-Factor style show in 2004, died this week of complications from cystic fibrosis (muscoviscidose, word for the week for language students).

His illness was known at the time of his victory in the competition (perhaps even exploited; his most famous performance being a duet on Queen's "The Show Must Go On"), so cynics - and I believe there are plenty to be found here - might suggest he wouldn't have got famous if he was fit and healthy at the time. Nevertheless, he was undoubtedly talented & very hard-working; what's the verdict on this one? If the same scenario occurred in the UK or the states, would you count the guy as being famous only for being ill, or a valid candidate?

Au revoir, jeune homme.

PS - sorry I can't find a link in English; not sure it'd make Le Monde if Darius Danesh or Rik Waller got 'voted off' either

Gareth Gates would get an Obit, and he went for the sympathy factor with his s-s-s-s-t-t-t-t-t-t.... oh sod it.