Magere Hein

The Dead - 2007

Carlo Ponti, having recently suffered with pulmonary complications, has sadly died. Even Dr Zhivago couldn't save him.

Carlo Ponti, having recently suffered with pulmonary complications, has sadly died. Even Dr Zhivago couldn't save him.

What I found most interesting about that story is that Sophia Loren was once related to Mussolini. According to wiki:

"Her sister, Anna Maria Scicolone, was formerly married to Romano Mussolini, a son of fascist dictator Benito Mussolini."

No details, thank you very much....

I would love that movie if I didn't deal daily with the Cocker Spaniel fallout from the 50s and 60s, partially fueled by that movie.

Damn! Sneaky Pete has snuck off. A splendid pedal steel player, and a nickname to die for.

'Dark End of the Street' tonight I think.

'Sneaky' Pete Kleinow, a legendary pedal steel guitarist who played with The Byrds and The Flying Burrito Brothers, has died. :rolleyes:

Just got an e-mail to say Yvonne de Carlo has died. No link yet though

Sorry to be an Iain. I just got a bit excited as she'll be my first hit in CPDP if indeed she is dead.

I prefer 'Tonight The Bottle Let Me Down' or 'Return Of The Grevious Angel', I recall that Richard and Linda Thompson did a good cover of 'Dark End of The Street'

Damn! Sneaky Pete has snuck off. A splendid pedal steel player, and a nickname to die for.

'Dark End of the Street' tonight I think.

'Sneaky' Pete Kleinow, a legendary pedal steel guitarist who played with The Byrds and The Flying Burrito Brothers, has died. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

Sorry to be an Iain. I just got a bit excited as she'll be my first hit in CPDP if indeed she is dead.

who is/was Yvonne De Carlo?

Guest Guest

its ok I just did a check and know who she was now-and I can cofirm she did indeed die today aged 84

Guest Guest

who is/was Yvonne De Carlo?

Google is your friend.

Why are people such idiots?

i dunno it was on wikipedia off wikipedia havent found anything on yahoo or anywhere to confirm it yet

Guest Guest

PS for those who dont know she was Lily Munster in the Munsters-and an incredibly beautiful woman when young!

It's appearing in blogs, but we saw what happened with that and Khamenei. So much for my self-imposed DL break. :lol:

And now a new status dons on me, one that is very appropriate given recent events in my life. :rolleyes:

It's appearing in blogs, but we saw what happened with that and Khamenei. So much for my self-imposed DL break. :lol:

And now a new status dons on me, one that is very appropriate given recent events in my life. :rolleyes:

"Dons" on you? You've become Italian? Cugino benvenuto!

"Dons" on you? You've become Italian? Cugino benvenuto!

And tortalini to you too!

Anyhow, here's a de Carlo obit, proving she is dead, but of course not sufficient yet for the CPDP or the DDP.

Not that I don't think she'll get one soon enough anyways.

EDIT: CNN on TV just announced it, which means it'll likely pop up there, and on a million Canadian papers, very soon.

Shame :lol:

Guest Guest

Film, TV star Yvonne De Carlo dies in L.A. at 84

LOS ANGELES, Jan 10 (Reuters) - Actress Yvonne De Carlo,

known to one generation as Moses’ wife in C.B. De Mille’s“The

Ten Commandments” and to another as the wife on television’s

hit show“The Munsters,” has died at age 84, a source said on

Wednesday.

De Carlo, who last appeared on screen in a 1995 television

production, died of natural causes at the Motion Picture &

Television Fund’s Retirement Home in the Los Angeles suburb of

Woodland Hills, the source said. A spokeswoman for the home had

no comment.

Born Peggy Yvonne Middleton in Vancouver, British Columbia,

she was best known for her television role on the popular 1960s

CBS sitcom“The Munsters” playing the ghoulish wife Lily

Munster opposite Fred Gwynne as her Frankenstein monster-like

husband Herman.

'Munsters' Star Yvonne De Carlo DiesYvonne De Carlo, Star of TV's `Munsters,' Dies in LA at 84

Actress Yvonne De Carlo, dressed for her role as Lily Munster in the film "Munster, Go Home," poses in her car in the parking lot outside Universal Studios on March 25, 1966. De Carlo, the beautiful star who played Moses' wife in "The Ten Commandments" but achieved her greatest popularity on TV's slapstick comedy "The Munsters," died Monday, Jan. 8,2007, in suburban Los Angeles. She was 84. (AP Photo/Mike Smith)

Trump Calls Walters 'Sad Figurehead' After Her 'Pathetic Man' Comment | VIDEO

Pregnant Marcia Cross Placed on Bed Rest

'Lost Boys': Sleep by Day, Party by Night

Fat and in High School

Turning 'Ugly' Into a Compliment

One Tough, Stunning 'Housewife'

Talk Hollywood on Joel Siegel's Movie Board

By BOB THOMAS

LOS ANGELES Jan 10, 2007 (AP)— Yvonne De Carlo, the beautiful star who played Moses' wife in "The Ten Commandments" but achieved her greatest popularity on TV's slapstick comedy "The Munsters," has died. She was 84.

De Carlo died of natural causes Monday at the Motion Picture & Television facility in suburban Los Angeles, longtime friend and television producer Kevin Burns said Wednesday.

De Carlo, whose shapely figure helped launch her career in B-movie desert adventures and Westerns, rose to more important roles in the 1950s. Later, she had a key role in a landmark Broadway musical, Stephen Sondheim's "Follies."

But for TV viewers, she will always be known as Lily Munster in the 1964-1966 horror-movie spoof "The Munsters." The series (the name allegedly derived from "fun-monsters") offered a gallery of Universal Pictures grotesques, including Dracula and Frankenstein's monster, in a cobwebbed gothic setting.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

[Topics merged - DWB]

it was kinda funny i happened to be reading her wikipedia article early this morning around 10am est then i went back to it to check something like a minute later i went back and its like died jan 10th 07 and im like oh boy another joke ...guess not

I recall that Richard and Linda Thompson did a good cover of 'Dark End of The Street'

As did Linda Ronstadt.

And *I* broke Sneaky Pete's death first, though admittedly it was unconfirmed at the time. So ner.

Television Fund’s Retirement Home in the Los Angeles suburb of

no comment.

Is this the American equivalent of our own beloved Brinsworth House? :lol:

Television Fund's Retirement Home in the Los Angeles suburb of

no comment.

Is this the American equivalent of our own beloved Brinsworth House? :lol:

Yeah - I suspect it is.

Motion Picture and Television Fund

2 things have happened here of greater than greatest great importance....well, at least of some level of interest to conspiracy theorists.

Have you ever been reading the obituaries, scanning for your name when you have noticed a high level of people of one particular name? Let's say the name of the day was Victoria or Aloysius. Now, I know many are saying that this would tie in to death oddities; however that was related to parent/child or multiple sibling death or even spousal death in a week or less of time. This deals with names and more importantly the two we just experienced out in Filmland.

We have Yvonne de Carlo and then Carlo Ponti. Notice the proliference of Carlo in the deaths.

Coincidence? Or did the death swords get confused and in their anxiousness slaughtered all persons with a Carlo in their name?

Hmm, first hit in my Shadow Deathlist! Thanks TalkSPORT! :lol: