Sign in to follow this  
Death Star

Charles Haughey

This thread is the place to discuss Charles Haughey.

Guest Four Donkeys of the Apocolypse

One time politician devoid of morals and prospective arms dealer trying to arm up the PIRA and make a quick buck at the same time no doubt. Rotting slowly in a self indulgent soup of Irish nationalism and alcohol which always weds the two to an not untimely death which everyone else pays for and has to clear up. Will be seen in the future as a national hero when someone gets round to re-witing the "facts" of indulgent Irish nationalism. C list celebrety guest whose passing will only be remembered by the most hardened alcoholics and a few Irish "historians". Status - Unimportant fringe clown. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

Charlie Haughey is a unique figure. Tarnished by revelations of helping himself to lovely shirts from Paris on the taxpayers dime, he is still a democratically elected leader of an independent state. The idiot poster before- "Four Donkeys of the Apocolypse" seems to have a problem that Haughey was a nationalist. Nationalism, be it Irish, Indian or any other sort, has caused a lot of people in the world to live free and indepenedent lives. As to whether Haughey aided PIRA, well we could just as easy surmise that Ted Heath aided the Unionist paramilitaries in NI also.....just no proof that either did.

Haughey is a from a different era, and his actions helped define the Ireland of today. "Four Donkeys of the Apocolypse" no doubt misses the days of Empire- twit.

Four Donkeys of the Apocolypse

Dear Guest

Worry not, as I do believe that the four donkeys have been sent to the knackers yard, to help supply the much needed super-gelatine, that my new confectionery product - Crazy Gums - requires.

Guest don'tworryabout it

charles haughey was not convicted of anything. speculation is futile. He has done more in his lifetime than you will.

He's not getting any younger. If there's a peace agreement in the North the shock alone might kill him.

He has done more in his lifetime than you will.

That's not exactly an argument, you know. Hitler also did more in his lifetime than I will, but quite frankly, he can keep his achievements.

Guest Mister

Let history record it was a pity he was never thrown in jail.

Hitler also did more in his lifetime than I will, but quite frankly, he can keep his achievements.

Only so far Mr Yeti. It's not over yet(i) :P

Guest Mister

When he dies, I'll use anti-diahorreal tablets for a few days to consolidate an enormous sh*t, which I will plant on his grave.

Any chance that the Four Donkeys of the Apocalyse can say "Haughey" out loud several times?

:D

You are what you is

You is what you am

(A cow don't make ham . . . )

You ain't what you're not

So see what you got

You are what you is

An' that's all it 'tis

(Frank Zappa)

You are what you is

You is what you am

[snip]

Funny, that's the second time in three days that that songs pops up in an online discussion I'm reading. The other was in a Usenet newsgroup, talk.origins.

regards,

Hein

Appalling use of grammar.  Though that probably explains why Zappa is rich and famous and I'm not. ;)

I think you can take solace in the fact that undoubtedly, you are looking considerably better than he is now. <_<

Guest Finn and the Fianna

Arise and follow Charlie all you little people. Charlie was a giant among insects.

Charlie was a giant among insects.

Stag Beetle?

Death's Head Hawk Moth?

Mammoth Vampirical Blister Beetle of Guatemala?

Guest Guest

HE WAS A CROOK PLAIN AND SIMPLE. His leagacy is zilch. Lets move on and get the others out and have real leadership and democracy.

anon

Guest My name is Legion

Charles Haughey was a hero. He exemplified real power. Who told you that your incompetent little fingers had the requiste skills to judge Charle Haughey. Don't you realize that you are only here to serve the state! The state is everything , you are nothing. Haughey lived like a lion, you live like lambs waiting to be slaughtered.

Good bye cretins

Just a suggestion: The two posts above are wildly at odds with each other and both from unregistered posters. Since the last one confesses 'my name is legion' is it possible they're from the same individual who suffers from multiple personality disorder?

Just a suggestion: The two posts above are wildly at odds with each other and both from unregistered posters. Since the last one confesses 'my name is legion' is it possible they're from the same individual who suffers from multiple personality disorder?

Its not me.

I though I might add that I'm not medically a paranoid narcissistic obsessive compulsive schizoid - it was just a quiz which I am planning to post when I find it.