Guest Guest_phantom_*
Ho hum, here we go again, loads of snow everywhere, thankfully I'm on annual leave this week and not having to traipse through it to unearth a bus stop to even try to get to work, it may bugger up my social plans for this weekend if my friends can't make it through the damned stuff to even get here :angry2: . On the positive side the little dog I have recently inherited is loving it, he was wary this morning but I took him out and made him face the 'strange white stuff', he had an absolute ball and bounced around in it like a mad thing, very comical to watch, I don't think he's ever seen proper snow before.

Its seems to be that everywhere in Scotland get snow apart from Dundee :lol:

We just get a lot of frost which is no fun at all

Got some snow here in Minneapolis a couple of weeks ago, knocked out the power lines for 26 hours. Then last weekend, we had an ice storm. Took me 3 hours to drive home that night for a journey that would usually take me half an hour

I guess Phantom yourself and your American friends probably get the same enjoyment as several of my foreign friends when I explain to them that Britain can come to a standstill at the mere mention of a nanolayer of snow.

http://newsthump.com/2010/11/24/uk-prepari...now-approaches/

Not just snow, but the wrong kind of snow. We love (and are mental slaves to) our weather http://www.wrongkindofsnow.com/

It's snowed heavily here all night - which should make for some beautiful photos, however, I don't much relish the thought of slipping on an icy footpath. If I happen to fall (again) and break my neck (as opposed to cracking a vertebrae which happened last year) It'll be a short stay in Switzerland (if I'm not killed on the spot, that is!) for me!! :P

Seemingly the Borders and other parts of Scotland are having thundersnow, haven't seen it myself yet, but I'd love to. As far as I can see we are just getting full on blizzards, 5/6 inches of frozen snow from Thursday/Friday and between a foot and a foot and a half of proper snow on top of it. My annual leave has been extended as there is no chance of me making it a mile up the road never mind the 22 miles to work, my boss has shut the office and we are under instruction not to even try to venture out until the roads are safe, I couldn't get there anyway as all public transport has been suspended. I did glimpse a JCB making a half hearted attempt to clear some of the snow in my street today, not quite the same as seeing thundersnow though, but a welcome sight:

img0020yj.jpg

I can't go to the office today cos it's closed.......YES!!

This is what its like in Dundee today. Its bloody baltic

150593_10150095803242238_755432237_7219651_7265871_n.jpg

Love that orange glow!

Love that orange glow!

You're not a Tangerine Arab, are you, TheDeadMan?

Love that orange glow!

You're not a Tangerine Arab, are you, TheDeadMan?

th_scarf-utd.gif yes I am indeed th_scarf-utd.gif

I was going to correct themaninblack about it being tangerine not orange but I thought nobody would know what I was on about or thought I was a Blackpool fan so never I bothered

Queensland's beautiful weather's about to serve up another treat in the form of Cyclone Yasi (that's a hurricane to you northern types). Windspeed was last measured on Willis Island at 295 km/h (180mph-ish) before the measurement equipment failed.

Apparently this category 5 cyclone is the biggest and most powerful ever recorded to hit the Aussie coast.

Batten down the hatches, the next day or so is gonna be interesting.

The Bureau of Meteorology has warned the storm is “likely to be more life threatening than any experienced during recent generations” and predicts winds of up to 320km/h and 6.5-7m tidal storm surges above the usual tidal high water line.

Queensland's beautiful weather's about to serve up another treat in the form of Cyclone Yasi (that's a hurricane to you northern types). Windspeed was last measured on Willis Island at 295 km/h (180mph-ish) before the measurement equipment failed.

Apparently this category 5 cyclone is the biggest and most powerful ever recorded to hit the Aussie coast.

The Bureau of Meteorology has warned the storm is “likely to be more life threatening than any experienced during recent generations” and predicts winds of up to 320km/h and 6.5-7m tidal storm surges above the usual tidal high water line.

Urgh, those are Chinese1 values of interesting.

1There is, I'm told, a Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times."

regards,

Hein

The Bureau of Meteorology has warned the storm is "likely to be more life threatening than any experienced during recent generations" and predicts winds of up to 320km/h and 6.5-7m tidal storm surges above the usual tidal high water line.

I assume your one of the many that have decided to leave and seek out higher (and safer) ground

The Bureau of Meteorology has warned the storm is "likely to be more life threatening than any experienced during recent generations" and predicts winds of up to 320km/h and 6.5-7m tidal storm surges above the usual tidal high water line.

I assume your one of the many that have decided to leave and seek out higher (and safer) ground

Nah, although it was huge, Queensland's far bigger so we'll only get the tail end of the rain and monster surf down in the SE corner. Things were pretty rough up in the north by all accounts but seeing how a lot of towns were flattened by category 4 cyclone Larry five years ago (a mere pipsqueak at half the size of Yasi) they were rebuilt with a category 5 in mind, so it hasn't levelled the place like it would have a decade ago.

This thing was the first grade 5 - and bigger than - the last one to hit in 1918. The same scale and ferocity as Hurricane Catrina that hit New Orleans.

Anyway, I'd better dust off the surfboard and hit the beach before things calm down.

Time to add that last lick of paint to your ark in Tuvalu and other low lying pacific islands.

INSTALLING SUMMER.. ███████████████ 44% DONE

Installation failed.

Please try again.

404 error: Season not found.

:(

INSTALLING SUMMER.. ███████████████ 44% DONE

Installation failed.

Please try again.

404 error: Season not found.

:(

That's so bloody true! It's been pissing rain here all week! :(

Amazing weather for the time of year, isn't it? (For posters in England and Wales. that is). Nice and hot, might drag the barbie out its winter hideout.

Amazing weather for the time of year, isn't it? (For posters in England and Wales. that is). Nice and hot, might drag the barbie out its winter hideout.

Best time to get your winter woolies as everyone else are getting barbeques and choc ices!

One of the strangest years weather-wise I can remember. We've basically had summer but on both sides of the season!

Guest Guest

whats that got to do with deaths u idiot??????????

whats that got to do with deaths u idiot??????????

Read the title of the thread arsehole. This site isn't ALL doom and gloom about deaths. How is the weather in I.O.M?

It was 20C in Fraserburgh on Friday - which is practically tropical conditions for this area.

It rained all day yesterday though, and it seems likley that it will rain all day today so everything is back to normal.

The snow's coming back...

Hopefully there'll be a blizzard when the EDL march tomorrow. If you want an all-white city chaps, you're going to get it!

Snow can fuck off. It's snowing in my garden. It can fuck off. Go on, FUCK OFF!