12 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

It actually snowed in Oklahoma on April. It’s more of a sleet snow mix, but I didn’t expect any snow to fall during this part of the year. Fortunately, I doubt that anyone would go to the capital today since no legislators are there, and it’s supposed to be warming up later, but it still surprises me...

Meh. I've seen it happen. But then I'm much older than you so I can say that you - young whipper-snapper, you - don't know anything whatsoever. 

It was 34F here today. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2018 at 23:41, Sir Creep said:

The Santa Ana winds have arrived in west Texas.  (20-30 mph constant)
What you see there is sand.  Fun to breathe, fun to eat, fun to stare at.

SC
(edit: PS, msc you can see my internet/phone plight late last week.  When I say remote, I mean remote).

29695478_1618504578231736_6253017345895299643_n.jpg

29873161_1618485688233625_9027279625098185338_o.jpg

I didn`t realize they have Santa Ana winds in Texas. I thought they were only in Southern California. Have experienced them while in California. Nice warm weather, the sand gets all over the motel room through the cracks under the doors. Interesting weather event. Does Texas have the Red Tide as well? 

4 hours ago, theoldlady said:

I didn`t realize they have Santa Ana winds in Texas. I thought they were only in Southern California. Have experienced them while in California. Nice warm weather, the sand gets all over the motel room through the cracks under the doors. Interesting weather event. Does Texas have the Red Tide as well? 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2018 at 05:37, Toast said:

He lied.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/8/2018 at 01:10, theoldlady said:

Yes.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/landwater/water/environconcerns/hab/redtide/faq.phtml

• Thanks 1

"Santa Ana winds in Texas. I thought they were only in Southern California"

it sounds like its out of an old western movie 

6 hours ago, runebomme said:

"Santa Ana winds in Texas. I thought they were only in Southern California"

it sounds like its out of an old western movie 

West Texas is out of an old western movie. Smells like one, too.

Chicago spring weather is obviously crazy, but this year might be one of the craziest I've seen.

End of February a 'heat wave' arrives with temps in the 60s, and everybody's thinking spring's gonna arrive early this year.

But in mid-March, we have another snowstorm with a couple inches falling in the span of a couple hours. It's cold for most of the rest of March, with no end in sight.

Things warm up again very late in March with a couple nice, sunny days, in the upper 50s. Some flowers actually start to blossom. This time's gotta be spring, right?

Nay. Easter is the coldest one in decades, barely above freezing in the daytime. Then, a couple days later, snow fell. And this Monday, we had snow fall again.

Then, yesterday and the day before temps reached 70! Practically summertime, right, we skipped thru spring?

Nay. Temps near freezing this weekend with snow potential into Monday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Chicago spring weather is obviously crazy, but this year might be one of the craziest I've seen.

End of February a 'heat wave' arrives with temps in the 60s, and everybody's thinking spring's gonna arrive early this year.

But in mid-March, we have another snowstorm with a couple inches falling in the span of a couple hours. It's cold for most of the rest of March, with no end in sight.

Things warm up again very late in March with a couple nice, sunny days, in the upper 50s. Some flowers actually start to blossom. This time's gotta be spring, right?

Nay. Easter is the coldest one in decades, barely above freezing in the daytime. Then, a couple days later, snow fell. And this Monday, we had snow fall again.

Then, yesterday and the day before temps reached 70! Practically summertime, right, we skipped thru spring?

Why not try and see if you can borrow that Gobbler's Knob rodent. :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

If you think that's bad, much of Oklahoma is currently in a state of emergency due to the wildfire that started Wednesday. I'm safe fortunately, but the air is smoky from where I'm at. 

Weather's been finicky here as well. Looking forward to when I can consistently go without a coat but thus far I've had no more than several-day spates of those.

At least the snow is done for the season... or at least I hope.

Here in Wiltshire it’s a lovely sunny day, ideal for laying in bed with a hangover waiting for a bomb to drop on my house.

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2018 at 07:15, runebomme said:

are there any Apaches in Texas

Yes.

Over a foot of snow fell here in Minneapolis between Friday night and up until late this afternoon. 

13 hours ago, CarolAnn said:

Yes.

cool

On 16/04/2018 at 04:18, Phantom said:

Over a foot of snow fell here in Minneapolis between Friday night and up until late this afternoon. 

In April?

5 hours ago, Deathray said:

In April?

Yes, a total of 20" fell

5 hours ago, Deathray said:

In April?

If you think that’s something, one year it snowed in June (yes, June) in another state that I lived in before my current state. And it’s not like one or two inches fell. It’s was actually a decent snowfall. :D 

6 hours ago, Deathray said:

In April?

Ah now Deathers,

Whilst you are an accepted authority on UK weather you may need to brush up on the meteorological conditions in the New World. Despite a similar latitude, they have no gulf stream.

Mind you if we don't get on board with this Global Warming danger sooner rather than later, neither will we according to some analyses.

Some of the snow melted yesterday. 

This was from yesterday afternoon.

20180416_171734.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For us in the UK. Summer will finally arrive tomorrow. Yay!

• Like 1

On Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 13:28, Paul Bearer said:

For us in the UK. Summer will finally arrive tomorrow. Yay!

Supposed to warm up for us here too, although we did have a dusting of snow this morning.

Yeah, all the hedges have suddenly burst into green.  One day was all it took.  As I was driving home I thought "How amazing that all those little leaves are just a few hours old."

Weather appears to warm up here in Arkansas too, although just a few days ago I saw snow flurries in the middle of April! Was a sight to see. Our summers tend to extend to late November and our winters expand to mid-April on most occasions.