6.07am today, sitting at door with ciggie and wine and coffee, throwing Frisbee for the dug. I needed shades as sun crested hill.

Only 'days' since I had to dig chariot out of the snow.

I love this time of year, its fantastic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, charon said:

6.07am today, sitting at door with ciggie and wine and coffee, throwing Frisbee for the dug. I needed shades as sun crested hill.

Only 'days' since I had to dig chariot out of the snow.

I love this time of year, its fantastic.

Ain't gonna last much longer though. Thunderstorms working in tonight, cooler tomorrow

You think that will change the ciggie/wine/coffee/Frisbee/dug thing?

Why 'no' young shaver, rain at 6.07 tomorrow equates to exactly the same behavior.

Living 'Saaaf' with all the light pollution, you might not get the joy of the sun getting up minutes earlier each day. At this time of year it is so noticeable and welcome.

8 minutes ago, charon said:

You think that will change the ciggie/wine/coffee/Frisbee/dug thing?

Why 'no' young shaver, rain at 6.07 tomorrow equates to exactly the same behavior.

Living 'Saaaf' with all the light pollution, you might not get the joy of the sun getting up minutes earlier each day. At this time of year it is so noticeable and welcome.

Norfuck doesn't suffer too much from light pollution either .:D

article-0-165F7719000005DC-184_1024x615_large.jpg

• Like 2

Still dark enough where I live to see the Milky Way on a clear moonless night.  A privilege now denied to many.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Norfuck doesn't suffer too much from light pollution either .:D

article-0-165F7719000005DC-184_1024x615_large.jpg

Aye, but context for that photo. See that one wee light in the middle of nowhere right at the top? That's no light pollution, that's just charon sneaking a quick ciggie at 3am.

:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Larf all you want msc.

Can see the strips of the grid of satellites if a clear night.

We ain't all chucking spears at the Sun when it arises.

#shawfieldshedLoyal.

• Like 1

I can't see shit.

dfw_night_2.JPG.b69f1ce6e37fe327a40e75e0ac29405c.JPG

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Here's me, and I 'used' to be able to see the Milky Way almost nightly.  Thanks to all the oil field blowing up again there are rigs everywhere and what used to be barren landscape at night now has enough light pollution as to almost take that possibility out of play.  That must really be pissing off the folks at the McDonald Observatory, which is probably juuusssst to the SW of this circle, if not on the line I've drawn.
SC

me.jpg

• Like 1

Well, there’s very heavy thunderstorms right now. I’m used to these by now...

At least 24 were killed and more than 100 injured in different parts of Rajasthan as a high-speed dust storm on Wednesday night wreaked havoc in Bharatpur, Alwar and Dholpur districts and left a trail of destruction, uprooting hundreds of trees and electricity poles.

SC

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

At least 24 were killed and more than 100 injured in different parts of Rajasthan as a high-speed dust storm on Wednesday night wreaked havoc in Bharatpur, Alwar and Dholpur districts and left a trail of destruction, uprooting hundreds of trees and electricity poles.

SC

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/7248-life-in-prison/?page=30&tab=comments#comment-353902

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/2153-earthquakes-tsunamis-hurricanes-mudslides/

4 hours ago, Cat O'Falk said:

I believe it's properly placed.  It involved none of the four tectonic/weather related events in the title.  This is a perfectly fine catchall.

SC

8 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I believe it's properly placed.  It involved none of the four tectonic/weather related events in the title.  This is a perfectly fine catchall.

SC

Weather is extra-curricular, of which YOU moaned deaths should not be listed and then go on to post deaths. They died as a result of high winds; 'hurricane' is close enough or perhaps we should have a new thread 'High winds but not hurricanes, typhoons or cyclones etc';)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What's going on with the weather in Glasgow & West of Scotland? I'm on a campsite in the middle of nowhere and it's raining, but the temperature isn't expected to fall below 17°C and it's ridiculously humid. The tent's about the same temperature as a hot car and the midgies are loving it. What are you supposed to wear in this weather, a fucking morphsuit? Just to top it off there's thunder and lightning (very very frightening).

Any explanation for why the Amazon rainforest travelled 5000 miles North East?

Nothing good comes out of a June thunderstorm in Texas - unless you consider hail, tornadoes, 80mph straight line winds, and large amounts of rain in a very short time to be good. If you do, you will be happy. The tree outside just took out the fence. 

America has some weather we Europeans just don't see on the same scale. It's impressive though when one is but a tourist.

Deathray, if you're not currently banned, your weather eloquence if you please?

On 07/06/2018 at 19:42, En Passant said:

America has some weather we Europeans just don't see on the same scale. It's impressive though when one is but a tourist.

Deathray, if you're not currently banned, your weather eloquence if you please?

I don't see tornado tourism catching on. 

6 hours ago, CarolAnn said:

I don't see tornado tourism catching on. 

Au Contraire. :wacko:

Storm chasers have been out there forever. They're insane. Even I'm not crazy enough to chase storms through the US Plains states. Nature always wins.

• Like 1

We are waiting Hurricane Force winds on Thursday June 14th here in Southern Norway. ( This follows the warmest and non-rainy 4 -5 weeks ever.) We have been warned to bring in patio furniture and anything that can become Air Bourne into the house/garage. Luckily I do not work on Thursday!

Edited by theoldlady
Wrong date. Meant of course the 14th. Too much wine fot dinner.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

We are waiting Hurricane Force winds on Thursday June 13th here in Southern Norway. ( This follows the warmest and non-rainy 4 -5 weeks ever.) We have been warned to bring in patio furniture and anything that can become Air Bourne into the house/garage. Luckily I do not work on Thursday!

We're expecting it too, but won't be as powerful as what you're about to get. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

We are waiting Hurricane Force winds on Thursday June 13th here in Southern Norway. ( This follows the warmest and non-rainy 4 -5 weeks ever.) We have been warned to bring in patio furniture and anything that can become Air Bourne into the house/garage. Luckily I do not work on Thursday!

*Gentle tease follows*

Wow! The next Thursday 13 June is 2019, what great forecasters you have over there!

*Tease ends"

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

We are waiting Hurricane Force winds on Thursday June 14th here in Southern Norway. ( This follows the warmest and non-rainy 4 -5 weeks ever.) We have been warned to bring in patio furniture and anything that can become Air Bourne into the house/garage. Luckily I do not work on Thursday!

51 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

We're expecting it too, but won't be as powerful as what you're about to get. 

Rain starting here now. :(

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

Rain starting here now. :(

God`s speed Paul Bearer! Keep safe. Here there is still calm before the storm.