17 minutes ago, paddyfool said:

Which makes Trump's recurring ignorance of the existence of Cat 5s even more remarkable.

He has advisers that get him well out of his Florida golf complex if there's any chance of a stiff breeze, nevermind a hurricane.

His hair is only certified to stand up to a light zephyr.

• Haha 2

On 20/09/2019 at 00:04, bladan said:

Good news! Only 10 billion deaths by 2070, new climate models show

https://phys.org/news/2019-09-earth-quickly-climate.html

That will make the authors of the Georgia Guidestones satisfied. By the way the weather in Western Norway has been great the last couple of days. People wearing shorts! 

Thanks to Tropical Storm Imelda, my holiday to Scotland/Boudicca got a massive delay.  Got it sorted, but no fun.

SC

A73F9322-45BE-48BC-B2F2-B8CF5925587D.png

2A3922EA-8D1D-4A8D-AA03-CF5F3231875B.jpeg

• Sad 1

Hurricane Lorenzo now has sustained winds of 160 mph (260 km/h), making it the second Category 5 of the season. Lorenzo is now the easternmost Category 5 on record (beating Hugo in 1989).

EFmQClqUcAA4oAM.jpg.22968feb824c7dae552299014077beff.jpg

Current NHC forecast cone takes it through the Azores, then has it making landfall in Ireland as an extratropical storm.

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

Halloween is looking more like Christmas in Chicago, with about 2 or 3 inches of snow having fallen and it's still going.

When you factor in the wind and low visibility, it's looking like a blizzard out there. My commute home was less than ideal.

Safe to assume I won't be getting many trick-or-treaters tonight.

First proper storm coming in the South West England of the Autumn. Met office giving us 70 to 80mph gusts from 6am onwards.

Have to say its blowing a hoolie out there enough to wake me up already.

I think we're heading for a terrible year of drought. Almost no rain here in 3 weeks, or in the next two. 2020 has just begun, it's only going to get worse.

51 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I think we're heading for a terrible year of drought. Almost no rain here in 3 weeks, or in the next two. 2020 has just begun, it's only going to get worse.

Just thinking today as I was watering the garden "when will the hosepipe ban start"

Tropical Storm Cristobal formed in the Gulf of Mexico on Tuesday and is forecast to make landfall as a storm along the Louisiana coast early next week.

It was downgraded from tropical storm status in the 10 a.m. National Hurricane Center update on Thursday. While it is now a depression, it is expected to strengthen back to tropical storm status as it moves north in the Gulf of Mexico.

SC

See the hot weather has encouraged the visiting of Death Beaches.

:clap:

Scorchio !

image.png.751762bd3700951344195f2bd0f3742f.png

• Like 3

This is what we in Essex call Fahhhkin roastin. My plums have poached, and everyone having a temperature check has been erroneously diagnosed with Covid.

And that's the BBC Weather, more in the next hour.

37 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

This is what we in Essex call Fahhhkin roastin. My plums have poached, and everyone having a temperature check has been erroneously diagnosed with Covid.

And that's the BBC Weather, more in the next hour.

Cooling down a bit in Scotland.  :angry:  I can also hear thunder.  Suppose I'd better get some stuff under cover. 

Edited by Paul Bearer

Still 24C here. Feels hotter. It’s nights like this I envy Prince Andrew, lying in bed dry as a bone.

• Haha 5

Over 12 hours of thunderstorms overnight, my poor dog was a quivering wreck this morning :(

25 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

Over 12 hours of thunderstorms overnight, my poor dog was a quivering wreck this morning :(

No respite here. Still uncomfortably hot. We had thunderstorms forecast yesterday, didn't arrive so now it'll be today, or tomorrow. 

I'm glad I haven't got to work in it!

I’d pay top dollar for a thunderstorm right now. I’m on the workshop floor, all the machines are going full chat and it’s 32C outside. I’m playing keepy-uppy with my bollocks.

Lots of ominous rumbling here in the Kingdom of Wessex.  It's got a bit overcast and there's a little breeze.  God is moving the furniture about up there, but not emptying any buckets yet.

Right. I have a bottle of gin, some Fevertree, plenty of ice and fresh limes. Who's in?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, time said:

Right. I have a bottle of gin, some Fevertree, plenty of ice and fresh limes. Who's in?

Ooh which gin, which Fevertree?

I have some Silent Pool, Meditteranean Light and a wedge of lime crying out my name.

52 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Ooh which gin, which Fevertree?

I have some Silent Pool, Meditteranean Light and a wedge of lime crying out my name.

Hendrick's and whichever Fevertree was on sale in Morrison's at the time (coincidentally Med light).

• Like 1

We got a couple of hours steady quiet rain and it's pleasantly fresh and cool outside now. 

Gin?  I've got a superior Lidl one (Hortus), tonic is just Tesco I'm afraid. 

I did have a Fevertree Raspberry & Rose tonic in my gin down the pub the other day, that was nice.

Waitrose own brand tonic compares well with the basic Fevertree it's probably the same

• Like 1

We have the ceiling fan on and another fan going which is cooling things down a bit.

The back doors are open to let in more air but it is also letting in the pungent smell of livestock shit that our local Farmer Giles is spreading on his fields.

Quite a nice aroma when you are used to it.