45 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

We have the ceiling fan on and another fan going which is cooling things down a bit.

The back doors are open to let in more air but it is also letting in the pungent smell of livestock shit that our local Farmer Giles is spreading on his fields.

Quite a nice aroma when you are used to it.

Lying half-awake early this morning (just after 7) I became aware of a rather noxious aroma permeating my semi-conciousness. I assume it had drifted in through the window, never did discover its origin, but it reminded me of the smell of ladies' hairdressers from when I was a kid.

51 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

The back doors are open to let in more air but it is also letting in the pungent smell of livestock shit that our local Farmer Giles is spreading on his fields.

Quite a nice aroma when you are used to it.

I'm not a regular churchgoer, but I do like to go to the traditional seasonal services.

A couple of years back we had a visiting vicar for the Harvest Festival service.  He'd come from an inner city parish somewhere, and in his sermon he went on for ages about the fresh country air and the lovely aromas of the countryside.

Congregation all really struggling to stifle laughter because unbeknown to the visitor, it had been muckspreading week.

• Like 1

Had about 5 minutes of spitting and a few thunder rumblings, but 10 minutes down the road where Brian May lives (thanks for sharing location based off the fire at the golf course), heavy downpouring of rain.

But thankfully the heat went down about 5c.

17 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Had about 5 minutes of spitting and a few thunder rumblings, but 10 minutes down the road where Brian May lives (thanks for sharing location based off the fire at the golf course), heavy downpouring of rain.

But thankfully the heat went down about 5c.

It started raining here about 15 minutes ago, stopped about 10 minutes later, and now the pavements are dry again. No discernible change in temperature.

Now the proper storm has arrived. I can feel the vibrations as I type this.

A concert of electricity here but no rain. Sitting out in it now, with a large G&T with ice just in case I get fried.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Now the proper storm has arrived. I can feel the vibrations as I type this.

are you sure they are from the storm? perhaps you just for got to switch something off ;) 

• Haha 1

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/23/weather/marco-laura-gulf-coast-weather-forecast-sunday/index.html

Oh look I left Louisiana for Michigan for a couple months, and now I’m missing UNPRECEDENTED destruction :evil::angry: that sucks! Once in a lifetime chance to see back-to-back hurricanes!
SC

Hurricane Laura brought down a Confederate monument in southern Louisiana that community members pushed to remove earlier this summer. Despite requests from residents and support from a local mayor, the government in Calcasieu Parish, where the monument is located, voted to keep it in its place during a meeting held two weeks ago.

On Thursday morning, photos shared to social media showed the Confederate statue, known as the South's Defenders Monument, incurred significant damages overnight as a result of the hurricane.

SC

Here's a picture of Hurricane Eta from the International Space Station:

El2-ftdXEAUM5iP.png.1ac431838119650cce747844cd90b114.png

Expected to make landfall in Nicaragua tomorrow morning- possibly as a Category 5.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Snow here in Fife overnight, about 2 inches where I am but now it is raining so everywhere turning to slush.

Ah, it’s that time of year again where I can make tedious predictable comments about ‘wishing I was waking up with 7 inches’ and ‘being covered in a layer of thick white stuff’.   Merry Christmas! 

The Met Office has warned that persistent showers forecast for 9pm today could lead to snow falling throughout the night in parts of Angus as well as the Highlands, Orkney, Shetland, Western Isles, Moray, Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire.

UK weather warnings - Met Office

NI Met Office issues a warning for Lynx Africa from 7am tomorrow.

Screenshot_20201224-183644.jpg

• Haha 3

Serious prolonged cold spell throughout most of January now looking highly likely.

Order yer snow shovels guys. Oh wait, as if you were going to get out anyway....

1 minute ago, Deathers2.0 said:

Serious prolonged cold spell throughout most of January now looking highly likely.

Order yer snow shovels guys. Oh wait, as if you were going to get out anyway....

January is always shit.

Nothing new there.

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

January is always shit.

Nothing new there.

We're talking 2010 levels of cold and snow here.....

Nothing new, but nothing everyday either.

3 minutes ago, Deathers2.0 said:

We're talking 2010 levels of cold and snow here.....

Nothing new, but nothing everyday either.

I'm sure we will survive.

3 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I'm sure we will survive.

I will. At your age though I wouldn't be so confident of surviving a cold  snap.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Deathers2.0 said:

I will. At your age though I wouldn't be so confident of surviving a cold  snap.

I will wear thermals around my bollocks.

I recommend hot water bottles.   Old-fashioned but cheap to run, and an easy way to warm up your extremities.

Also soothe your aches n pains.

12 hours ago, Toast said:

I recommend hot water bottles.   Old-fashioned but cheap to run, and an easy way to warm up your extremities.

Also soothe your aches n pains.

I'm using one on my back. It is as sore as fuck.

I have had the same person in the last 4 days comment to me about the possibility of snow, on Thursday he said, "I do hope it snows for christmas, it would be great to have it", today his comment was "I don't care what the weather does as long as it doesn't snow, I hate that stuff all over the place"