Helped get a very lucky young girl out of this yesterday, had just happened about 30 seconds before I got there.

Screenshot_20220217-090331.jpg

• Like 3
  • Shocked 3

4 hours ago, One shot Paddy said:

Helped get a very lucky young girl out of this yesterday, had just happened about 30 seconds before I got there.

Screenshot_20220217-090331.jpg

Thars one for the Plants thread.

That dear old lady Eunice hasn't even fully arrived yet here on the east coast, yet I woke up to find my garden chairs have gone for a burton and are probably landing on MPFC's house anytime soon.

Gonna be a bumpy ride.

Either Storm Eunice is not fucking around or the Fourteenth Doctor has arrived.

It's pretty blowy on the North Devon coast right now.   I know this because I've just walked along about a mile of it.

5 minutes ago, TQR said:

If the fourteenth Doctor has arrived, the people across the road won't be able to watch, as half of their TV aerial is hanging off the roof.

4 hours ago, TQR said:

Fly Tipping alert!!!!!

273810593_10221916963376588_151346182436

• Like 1

Anyone going to O2 Arena anytime soon may have their plans rescheduled:

Thought Eunice fucking off was well underway until I popped my head out the back door for a little tobacco treat just now and watched a bit of my back fence go for a burton. 

13 minutes ago, TQR said:

Thought Eunice fucking off was well underway until I popped my head out the back door for a little tobacco treat just now and watched a bit of my back fence go for a burton. 

Once the BBC and the rest of those media cunts that would like to control our thinking decide something's no longer a thing, they drop it like a windy potato. I was really hoping one of their 'brave'  (ie stupid and sensationalist) 'correspondents' got swept into the sea at Brighton or Porthcawl or wherefuckingever. Then they really would be wishing their pathetic warzone fantasies had come true.

I'm in a bad mood.

44 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

I was really hoping one of their 'brave'  (ie stupid and sensationalist) 'correspondents' got swept into the sea at Brighton or Porthcawl or wherefuckingever.

Then they would have a reasonable excuse for waving their hands about in that irritating way they all do.

2 hours ago, TQR said:

I assumed that this was the NEW and THIRD weather system arriving?

Anyway, I renewed all the fencing down one side of my garden and put new fence posts in last spring.

No cunting hurricane is going to move them an inch.

I cannae say the same for next doors fence, though.

Mind you, they are the type that will just now leave it to rot into the ground, the wankers.

• Like 2

[In case you’re dumb, or lazy.  Or dumb and lazy.
https://www.metric-conversions.org/temperature/celsius-to-fahrenheit.htm]

Now that THAT’S out of the way…

Update on the historic heat dome for next week. The models are consistent on relentless, historic and dangerous heat in the South/ Southeast. Left: Rank of heat dome strength. In dark red, the equivalent of a 1 in 100 year event in this area, for the summer solstice (Tuesday). In purple, unprecedented heat dome strength in the period of record 1979-2021. Middle: European model forecast high temperatures with widespread 105-110+ temperatures at the surface from northern FL north into the Deep South and Southeast.(This is without the heat index) WFLA News Channel 8 image credit left Tomer Burg, right WeatherBell. Tampa will be on the southern edge of the heat dome, very hot, but not as bad as further north. As for those asking about how climate change affects heat. There is a direct line. It does not cause heatwaves, but it spikes them, like heat waves on steroids. In the US, rare heat waves like this are now 3-5 degrees F hotter and last longer. That’s because small shifts in the average global temperature, mean large shifts in the extremes, as illustrated by the bell curves attached Right. Credit Zack Labe. Paper on climate heat connection here: https://crd.lbl.gov/assets/Uploads/CONUS-2021-heat-wave-attribution-statement.pdf from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory .gov source.
SC

389F5503-B11D-466B-A961-4D5F8E9A0744.jpeg

76FD3731-9FC1-4B15-BFDD-A4805430E292.jpeg

It was scorchio here yesterday.  But quite chilly today with intermittent rain.

Lots of scantily dressed plebs wandering around Home Bargains because we all thought summer would last a bit longer.

294192842_10159077748482817_962677064959

• Like 1

RAF Brize Norton's runway has melted in the heat.

Flights are suspended from Luton Airport due to a "surface defect".

With all this, the passport office in chaos and normal flights cancelled for holidaymakers, the Government has been forced to deny that British holidaymakers are stealing the refugees' dinghies to make it across the Channel.  :P

7 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Only 18° where I am at the moment. 

My watch is claiming 32°C. Alexa agrees. Doesn't feel that warm though.

It was 42 in the greenhouse this afternoon.  I was expecting it to be a lot higher in there.

Car was reading 39.0°C a couple of hours ago and I can well believe it. Been sweating like a glass blower’s arse. 

Only positive thing about new hospital building is the air conditioning we have. I have to wear a cardigan even when it's nearly 40c because reception is so cool.

• Like 1