Cold weather?

Nah, he has the cash to flash to keep his portly self warm. It's council flat specemins suffering the limited income of years of casual work that turn blue in such situations. In West Cumbria we call it senior cit roulette.

It's hardly cold weather that's going to hit the UK. over here in the frozen midwest, it's been -27c for the past few days at it's really coldest and that's not even when the wind starts blowing

• Like 1

It's hardly cold weather that's going to hit the UK. over here in the frozen midwest, it's been -27c for the past few days at it's really coldest and that's not even when the wind starts blowing

-27c. That's neat weather. Makes our -1 with snowfall this morning seem a bit puny. Still, just enough for a good sledge on Box Hill before the rain came. I thought it would be empty but it was like student city: all these kids who should have been working.

I was working, I should add for anyone who might have caught a whiff of hypocrisy. It was thinking time.

I must be like a human anti-snow machine. wherever I go, there's the smallest amount of snow. Last year, when I lived in essex, no snow - kent and surrey had it all. now I live in guildford, essex gets a pasting. I just can't win. -27 and 5 odd feet of snow would be heaven, until my extremities fell off that is :(

I must be like a human anti-snow machine. wherever I go, there's the smallest amount of snow. Last year, when I lived in essex, no snow - kent and surrey had it all. now I live in guildford, essex gets a pasting. I just can't win. -27 and 5 odd feet of snow would be heaven, until my extremities fell off that is :(

Well Dorking isn't a million miles from Guildford and there was plenty of snow there today.

-27c. That's neat weather. Makes our -1 with snowfall this morning seem a bit puny. Still, just enough for a good sledge on Box Hill before the rain came. I thought it would be empty but it was like student city: all these kids who should have been working.

I was working, I should add for anyone who might have caught a whiff of hypocrisy. It was thinking time.

The one in Wiltshire? I be just down the road.

Well Dorking isn't a million miles from Guildford and there was plenty of snow there today.

In fact if you look anything like your avatar you could have been the bloke who was trying to get out of the way of my sledge. Same actions.

That's exactly why I think I'm cursed. less than an inch in guildford, then I heard there was a good 3 inches out towards bracknell, so I head on over there to go hiking in the woods. Literally the moment I get out of the car, god vomits on my eiderdown once again and it starts belting it down with rain! washed all my dreams away.

The one in Wiltshire? I be just down the road.

That's Box Hill, Dorking Lardy. The nearest thing they have to a hill on the North Downs. What MPFC would know as a rise in the ground.

That's exactly why I think I'm cursed. less than an inch in guildford, then I heard there was a good 3 inches out towards bracknell, so I head on over there to go hiking in the woods. Literally the moment I get out of the car, god vomits on my eiderdown once again and it starts belting it down with rain! washed all my dreams away.

You should have gone to Puttenham common early. The extra elevation at Box Hill made all the difference. But, sure, it's pissing down now.

You should have gone to Puttenham common early. The extra elevation at Box Hill made all the difference. But, sure, it's pissing down now.

I didn't know the area well enough - I'll stick that one on my list for the future. I tried google-earthing last night using the elevation feature to pick out some big hills - failed miserably. Oh well, going skiing in 3 weeks so I don't suppose I should complain too much. There's just nowhere better than the english countryside when it snows. My luck can't stay bad forever right? I'll pin my hopes on next time!

... I think I'm cursed. less than an inch ...

You should have gone ... pissing ...

I didn't know ... next time!

Alright, people... what exactly the f*ck is this? Discussions about the weather? In the Patrick Moore thread?

Is this National Wind Up Star Crossed Day? Is Jeremy Beadle about to ring my doorbell, clipboard in hand, dressed as some heavily-bearded council employee, here to complain about my new conservatory?

GET OUT OF THE PATRICK MOORE THREAD IF YOU ARE OFF-TOPIC

Godot, you should know better. Cowboy Ronnie, you certainly should. Redmega, don't f*ck with the one decent thread left on DL.

This goes for the rest of you as well. If you're off-topic in here, you're out of your element. Talk about the weather somewhere else if you must (try the Extra-Curricular forum) but you'll get clowned out in the showers by Chris Lintott and his mates if you keep clogging-up this thread. Have a nice day.

Oh, for Christ's sake, Walter...you sound as if you're in a world of pain.

... I think I'm cursed. less than an inch ...

You should have gone ... pissing ...

I didn't know ... next time!

Alright, people... what exactly the f*ck is this? Discussions about the weather? In the Patrick Moore thread?

Is this National Wind Up Star Crossed Day? Is Jeremy Beadle about to ring my doorbell, clipboard in hand, dressed as some heavily-bearded council employee, here to complain about my new conservatory?

GET OUT OF THE PATRICK MOORE THREAD IF YOU ARE OFF-TOPIC

Godot, you should know better. Cowboy Ronnie, you certainly should. Redmega, don't f*ck with the one decent thread left on DL.

This goes for the rest of you as well. If you're off-topic in here, you're out of your element. Talk about the weather somewhere else if you must (try the Extra-Curricular forum) but you'll get clowned out in the showers by Chris Lintott and his mates if you keep clogging-up this thread. Have a nice day.

Forget about off topic, it sounds to me Star Crossed that you've been pissed on.

Edited by Magere Hein

As a matter of fact ... he didn't seem to mind, just said "f**k it" and steered his sledge using astronomical calculations (I assume).

World of pain Walter........world of pain.

Very funny indeed. And while we're distinctly on-topic, I just thought I'd add that "Slide, upon ice, Patrick Moore!" is an anagram of "Uno, a moon cricketer, slipped!"

:D

Yeah, f**k it, let's just all have a good old whoring session in the Paddy Moore thread.

"Look mummy, it's snowing outside!"

"Well don't just stand there, go and post in the Patrick Moore thread to see if you can get a rise out of Star Crossed."

Words fail me. Actually no, no they don't. Nor have they, or will they. Words fail you, if you're in here and off-topic, trying to be the new Windsor or mpfc, or summat.

Next time a Mod prunes this thread, can they include mpfc's off-topic weather-related rubbish as well, please? In fact, delete all posts up to my last one, and just keep doing that every month or so. Or, better yet, make me the Moderator just for this one thread so I can show you all how to run a thread properly. Windsor and his merry band of irritating chucklecunts'll soon get bored wasting their sensitive fingertip-skin when I delete them to within an inch of their pathetic little posting-lives.

"The more you complain, the more they'll post-whore, just to wind you up." That's one argument, yes. The argument of some spineless f*****g cretin who thinks that the answer to the world's problems is just to let everyone do anything they want. That's not a solution, that's just anarchy. I think we've all learned our lesson from the Niemeyer squid ranter; anarchy leads to anagrams, as the latest annoying splinter in our collective consciousness, Redmega, has proven so contrivedly above.

• Haha 1

"The more you complain, the more they'll post-whore, just to wind you up." That's one argument, yes. The argument of some spineless f*****g cretin who thinks that the answer to the world's problems is just to let everyone do anything they want. That's not a solution, that's just anarchy. I think we've all learned our lesson from the Niemeyer squid ranter; anarchy leads to anagrams, as the latest annoying splinter in our collective consciousness, Redmega, has proven so contrivedly above.

Why does this upset you so much. On Deathlist rules don't really amount, and everybody has the freedom to say what they want. I believe in quality posts and members should not go around talking about a picnic with there mother last weekend, but for f**ks sakes Star Crossed give it a rest. It is obvious that your winding up other members, your asking to be declawed. Now pick yourself up and walk away from this thread. You've said all there is to say.

Why does this upset you so much?

You're young and American, Banshees, so I'll forgive you for not understanding the concept of anarchy. Suffice to say, this is not Baghdad; there are rules. If every thread was used as some f*****g teenager's chatspace, this would cease to be a forum. It would, in fact, become a series of chat pages, full of shitheads like you making pointless f*****g comments.

The site has a dedicated chat facility, if anyone wants to go and use it. I'd be happy to discuss the weather, the turrwets, the tdonkleys or whatever else with you pricks there, but not in the Patrick Moore thread. Am I the only f*****g person here who can understand English?

You've said all there is to say.
A laughable suggestion.

Edit to add: Cheers Notapotato for the 10% warning! At least you're doing part of your job, eh? I don't know why the Admins keep you on as a Mod; all you seem to do is encourage the annoying, off-topic fuckwits like Banshees/Windsor et al; seems to me your efforts are mainly contradictory to the general role of a Moderator. It's almost as if you dislike the site so much that you're trying to destroy it from within...

You're young and American, Banshees, so I'll forgive you for not understanding the concept of anarchy. Suffice to say, this is not Baghdad; there are rules. If every thread was used as some f*****g teenager's chatspace, this would cease to be a forum. It would, in fact, become a series of chat pages, full of shitheads like you making pointless f*****g comments.

The site has a dedicated chat facility, if anyone wants to go and use it. I'd be happy to discuss the weather, the turrwets, the tdonkleys or whatever else with you pricks there, but not in the Patrick Moore thread. Am I the only f*****g person here who can understand English

?

Anarchy - From Dictonary ( a state of lawlessness and disorder (usually resulting from a failure of government)

Deathlist is not politics Star Crossed. People say what they want and they try to stay on topic, if your pissed off about somebody's posting style send them a PM but nobody wants to hear your sh*t all day long.

Hardly... who the f*ck do you think you're talking to?

Don't you antagonize me, don't you f****n antagonize me now. Remember who you are talking with.

Anarchy - From Dictonary ( a state of lawlessness and disorder (usually resulting from a failure of government)
Well done. Which dictonary was that? www.dictonary.com?
... nobody wants to hear your sh*t all day long.
Quite. So get the f**k out of this thread, you off-topic bitch, and you won't need to.

Hardly... who the f*ck do you think you're talking to?

Don't you antagonize me, don't you f****n antagonize me now. Remember who you are talking with.

Using the same line as a comeback rarely, if ever, has much effect.

Please will someone rename this thread "Backseat-Moderators Please Post Here!"

:D

Well done. Which dictonary was that? www.dictonary.com?

Opps spelled dictionary wrong.

Quite. So get the f**k out of this thread, you off-topic bitch, and you won't need to.

I'm an off topic bitch. :D Some come back. What are you twelve? Come on Star Crossed. Stop being a whore, I like your posts, your very different but the only problem is that you complain constantly and nobody cares. I believe in quality, but you take it very far. Now stop it, go stand in the corner and count from 100 backwards.

*Mod trigger finger itching wildly*

The title of the thread is "Patrick Moore". Not "Patrick Moore and accompanying slanging match". If you want to go outside and have a fight, can I refer you to the "Extra Curricular" forum?

Thank you kindly

can I refer you to the "Extra Curricular" forum?

Your absolutely right Four Horsemen, but I wasn't arguing with anyone. Maybe for the next 24 hours if possible, a moderator can link all of Star's future posts in my 'Drunk Bored Thread' just so Patrick Moore doesn't become a grade A quality argument ring.

can I refer you to the "Extra Curricular" forum?

Your absolutely right Four Horsemen, but I wasn't arguing with anyone. Maybe for the next 24 hours if possible, a moderator can link all of Star's future posts in my 'Drunk Bored Thread' just so Patrick Moore doesn't become a grade A quality argument ring.

You might have to up your game a wee bit to become 'A' grade Royce.

Star Crossed, you're clearly an intelligent person. What are conversations like in your house?

"Cup of tea dear?"

"Yes please darling."

"Biscuit?"

"FUKC!!! Stop getting off FUKCING TOPIC. All I wanted is a cup of fukcing tea, do you have to..."

Calm down brother, you'll end up having a stroke.

(SC's complaints moved to "weather" thread)

Best work you ever did, NAP. Bravo! You really are a total f*****g idiot, aren't you? Is there a "Notapotato's missed the point again" thread?

Open f*****g season it is, then. Sorry, Sir Patrick, you're the new Richard O'Sullivan. Blame Notapotato.

I predict this thread will be requiring siginificant pruning by Mods (let's face it, by NAP, now he's created his own little Moderatordom) in the near future. Get those shears ready, you tiresome little fuckwad. You've sowed the wind, you'll reap the whirlwind.

• Like 1