Didn't you idiots say the same thing last year?

http://www.mirror.co...d-worst-4528007

They subscribe to the theory that if you keep predicting something long enough it'll come true eventually. I guess they're right.

regards,

Hein

Strange how it's from the Daily Mirror yet it references a forecaster talking to the Daily Express! Now that is what I call lazy journalism...

Strange how it's from the Daily Mirror yet it references a forecaster talking to the Daily Express! Now that is what I call lazy journalism...

Yes, it's the Express that runs the "coldest winter since 1947" story every year.

There's nothing like a cold day in June to remind you what country you live in is there? Miserable.

Or it might be that I remembered Charlie Brooker exists during breakfast and I can't get him out of my head now, maybe that's what's doing my head in I don't know.

Ugh, June was starting out hot, sunny and beautiful here in Krakow - but of course, it's Poland, so for the past week it's been rainy and cold.

Thank God I'm moving back to Chicago, where summers are longer and hotter :)

Ugh, June was starting out hot, sunny and beautiful here in Krakow - but of course, it's Poland, so for the past week it's been rainy and cold.

But windier...

• Like 1

I read this piece about the UK June weather patterns a few years back, and it's been remarkably accurate again this year.

Behold... the June Monsoon

Flamin' June... Scorchin' June... for some strange reason we hold in our memories June being a hot, sunny and settled month? Of course, it's the start of the meteorological summer as well as having the solstice on the 21st. Perhaps that's why we always imagine it to be so amazing?

Sadly we forget that it also contains Glastonbury (usually rains) and the start of Wimbledon (why do you think they bought a roof?).

In fact, June is well known in UK meteorology to be a traditionally summer month due to the June Monsoon. The exact cause of this is still not widely understood, although this is the time of year where the European and other land plateaus in the Northern Hemisphere heat up and are at their greatest contrast with the colder oceans.

The end result is usually three distinctive waves of cooler, wetter weather which push in from the West in between an ever expanding Azores high. 1st to the 4th of June, 10th to the 14th and 18th to the 27th are the periods which are usually dominated by low pressure across the British Isles.

So there you have it. June rarely lives up to its commonly held vision and if you are thinking of booking a week off work to laze around in the garden then July is a far better bet.

Eh? It's been fucking scorchio here today. So much so that I'M WEARING A DRESS.

Eh? It's been fucking scorchio here today. So much so that I'M WEARING A DRESS.

Holy shit! It must be, like, 22°C!

• Like 1

What is C° ?? ;-)

Where were all your sympathies when Tropical Storm Bill almost came after me but instead went to Houston?

It's been wet as hell here, though today a fine one. U.S. Gulf Coast changes quickly.

SC

But windier...

Chicago, two seasons a year... Winter and construction...

I didn't check stats but that was probably one of the dryest and hotest Junes in a longtime for the Vancouver lower mainland. It has been a constant struggle to keep cool, even in my basement! I have an industrial fan going right now. I should be dealing with my overgrown lawn but it is too freakin' hot!

Happy Canada Day!

Had a pretty amazing thunderstorm - that lightening - earlier on today.

this weathers surely got to account for a few already in mortal peril

Hot...

The last time it was this hot was years ago... Tomorrow it's going to be hotter, and very humid before the thunderstorm.

Here in Glasgow it has been absolutely tanking it down with rain (so an ordinary summer!). Picked the wrong day to update my wardrobe (two sets of Jeans, Adidas and D&G trainers, socks, underwear) but I did enjoy a pint or two in a city centre bar playing 80s classics. Oh to be a boy again in those heady days before Childline!

• Like 1

Might as well be fucking October.

• Like 1

Might as well be fucking October.

The height of British summer!

Disregard this comment. It was pretty stupid actually.

The weather is coming to an end as the BBC puts the Met office out to pasture and invites tenders for the new service.

We finally got some rain!!! The wind was fun. Trees down all over the lower mainland. My neighbour's palm trees all blew over and my son is hiding in the basement.

• Like 1

Well, after one of the warmest Septembers on record (with an average high of 80°F, about 26°C), it seems like October is a roller coaster.

Last night was our first frost.

It's forecast to be in the lower 70°s (about 22°C) this week.

First frost in October jeez. We had our first in September