Look at this wank on the Maily Dail, saying the Met Office is declaring we're on the cusp of a National Emergency because it's a lovely summer's day out there.

I know when I'm too hot. I know to drink water and not get too burnt. Don't tell me to stay indoors because it's warm outside. Piss off, Met office. Leave us. The fuck. Alone.

• Like 1

I am pissed of with all the sunshine, prefer the usual gloomy rainy summers

Move North.

15° tops, rain up til about 9, overcast and calm the rest of the day.

Midges out like the Luftwaffe over Paris.

Be careful what you wish for........

• Haha 1

I remember 1976.

I do not remember one rainy day during that summer in Glasgow. (It was ghastly, I've never liked the heat/bright sunshine). Large buckets of water to play in and always outside back then.

So the rain was battering down here last week. But the BBC reports the longest dry spell since 1976. A passing mention of "except Scotland" at least would have been fine.

Maybe we'll matter more to London when we are independent and have all the water they need. :lol:

It's times like this that I remember that this is a grim break-up song and despite the languid summery feel, it has fuck all to do with a long hot summer, which only gets mentioned in the very last line.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I remember 1976.

I do not remember one rainy day during that summer in Glasgow. (It was ghastly, I've never liked the heat/bright sunshine). Large buckets of water to play in and always outside back then.

So the rain was battering down here last week. But the BBC reports the longest dry spell since 1976. A passing mention of "except Scotland" at least would have been fine.

Maybe we'll matter more to London when we are independent and have all the water they need. :lol:

It wasnae battering down here! Mild drizzle at best.

Still, wont be too long before Winter now.

Just now, msc said:

It wasnae battering down here! Mild drizzle at best.

Still, wont be too long before Winter now.

1976 winter was horrific.

If we are in for that.....

Yeah, rain was bouncing off the ground here. Maybe because I'm higher up (nearer EK) than you, msc!

20 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

1976 winter was horrific.

If we are in for that.....

Yeah, rain was bouncing off the ground here. Maybe because I'm higher up (nearer EK) than you, msc!

Lucky sod.

We're near the Clyde which cools the place down a bit but its still remarkably un-Glaswegian.

1976? Any old relatives back then going "it's no as bad as the winter of 46"? Always used to hear that one.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, msc said:

Lucky sod.

We're near the Clyde which cools the place down a bit but its still remarkably un-Glaswegian.

1976? Any old relatives back then going "it's no as bad as the winter of 46"? Always used to hear that one.

Just wondering if it is some sort of race memory for the 46/47 winter that causes everyone to panic by milk and bread at the first forecast of snow.

9 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Just wondering if it is some sort of race memory for the 46/47 winter that causes everyone to panic by milk and bread at the first forecast of snow.

Oh yeah, trying to get bread back during Deathray's Snow Storm in March!

Local shop (not that big) stowed out with folk panicking looking for stuff. "There's no bread!" I darted round them, grabbed the last loaf off the shelf, paid and walked out while they were still having a tizzy!

• Haha 2

We are expecting a record hot day tomorrow in Stavanger, Norway at 34C. Also there happens to be the Tall Ship Race that day in Stavanger`s waterfront the same day. (Friday 27.July 2018)

• Like 1

2018-07-26 12.25.37.png

4 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

We are expecting a record hot day tomorrow in Stavanger, Norway at 34C. Also there happens to be the Tall Ship Race that day in Stavanger`s waterfront the same day. 

you can send trump a thank you  letter

7 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

We are expecting a record hot day tomorrow in Stavanger, Norway at 34C. Also there happens to be the Tall Ship Race that day in Stavanger`s waterfront the same day. (Friday 27.July 2018)

The Tall Ships are fantastic to see.

Thank you Donald.

• Haha 3

On 26/07/2018 at 14:40, msc said:

Oh yeah, trying to get bread back during Deathray's Snow Storm in March!

Local shop (not that big) stowed out with folk panicking looking for stuff. "There's no bread!" I darted round them, grabbed the last loaf off the shelf, paid and walked out while they were still having a tizzy!

Yup, people fighting over something generally means it's yours giving how distracted they were. 

You may have noticed I've been slightly busy recently (it took me five days to respond to posts about historic weather :P ). But with regards to:

On 26/07/2018 at 14:01, msc said:

Lucky sod.

I remember some of the old biddies more senior folk that I knew at the time telling me that 2010 was a proper winter and how winters used to be every year. A quick look through the record book will confirm that is absolutely not the case and people's memories play tricks on them remembering things are worse than they actually were. Yes past winters were more snowy but only a handful match up to 2010. 

• Like 2

2010 I've posted about afore deathers, absolutely freezer stiff.

Lived on an isle with no other cuntos on it, no mains electricity, and the water was frozen in the pipes for about 12 weeks over the Winter.

Was the worst I remember, without the living conditions being taken into account, it was permafrost for months up here.

This winter was worse roadwise, more snow but nowhere near as brutal for weeks on end.

The first real rain in 10 weeks.

I could dance naked in the streets.

12 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

The first real rain in 10 weeks.

I could dance naked in the streets.

Pic or it didn't happen! :D

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Book said:

Pic or it didn't happen! :D

I sure hope you meant the rain

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

I sure hope you meant the rain

Of course! 

Storm Ernesto is on its way to us. Be scared.

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

No wind but started raining about an hour ago and is now lashing down.

3 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

I refuse to be bothered about a bloke who is one half of some Californian 'slightly better than wine in a box' outfit.

Ernesto? Blow me. (no cat, wills et al, not like that.)

17 minutes ago, En Passant said:

I refuse to be bothered about a bloke who is one half of some Californian 'slightly better than wine in a box' outfit.

Ernesto? Blow me.

"...and that was the BBC Weather, more in the next hour."

• Haha 1