I'm nowhere near West Cumbria at the moment, currently consorting with southerners in Kent......not far from the Flying Saucer pub. Bit of snow on the motorways yesterday and a fair bit lying on't ground down here but.......honestly........them southerners get well worked up over nowt much. Roads quiet, loads of people staying home, the worst problem currently encountered was my inability to buy a copy of The Sun at a garage. And - supposedly - I'm at the epicentre of all this and Mrs MPFC was on the phone wondering if I was safe.

The way things are going, you're never going to get back!

Particularly as ITV news are reporting the apocalypse as we speak... :unsure:

• Like 1

What a lot of fuss over a bit of snow.

Can't understand why the busses were cancelled in London. Don't you have gritters down there? :unsure:

I'm nowhere near West Cumbria at the moment, currently consorting with southerners in Kent......not far from the Flying Saucer pub. Bit of snow on the motorways yesterday and a fair bit lying on't ground down here but.......honestly........them southerners get well worked up over nowt much. Roads quiet, loads of people staying home, the worst problem currently encountered was my inability to buy a copy of The Sun at a garage. And - supposedly - I'm at the epicentre of all this and Mrs MPFC was on the phone wondering if I was safe.

Particularly as ITV news are reporing the apocalypse as we speak... :unsure:

I'm home alive, them southerners shut the place of work early and allowed me mucho time to trundle back. Even bought meself a bag of logs when I stopped for a coffee so's I don't have to go out into the freezing garden and raid the stash under the hedges.

Weather!!

Loada fuss about nowt IMHO.

Particularly as ITV news are reporing the apocalypse as we speak... :unsure:

I'm home alive, them southerners shut the place of work early and allowed me mucho time to trundle back. Even bought meself a bag of logs when I stopped for a coffee so's I don't have to go out into the freezing garden and raid the stash under the hedges.

Weather!!

Loada fuss about nowt IMHO.

glad you got home ok...I was really worried :rolleyes:

I've long since noted that if the South gets a little bit of snow , its National News...if the North is in the grip of Polar Blizzard conditions , no-one in the media cares....

Aye, very true Grobler. Then again, we're more used to it up north. I tended to get to school all the time as a kid cos the guy that drove the snowplough lived nearby and had to come past our house on his way to the main road. You seldom see a snowplough worth the name down south.

Tricky conditions today down south, I'll admit. But hardly life threatening and I was travelling around the bit supposedly worst hit, set off for home soon and even caught sight of the lass and the television van that kept filming the A2 for the news. Mrs MPFC had mentioned seeing her on the telly. I made it outta there okay. Mind, having the Marycopter helps, none of that tiresome shite waiting for them to clear the runways.

Blizzards on and off all day here, but the roads and pavements in Kelso were clear, transport and businesses operated as normal, I think it really only affected outlying villages up high. It's a regular occurence in the Borders in winter, so I suppose they are used to it, but it's raining heavily now and I checked the BBC website weather forecast, heavy rain all day tomorrow, so much for the massive blizzards predicted for tonight. The Scottish Borders Council announced earlier that all schools will be closed tomorrow, no doubt some poor school secretaries will be in at 6 a.m. contacting all the parents to send their kids in after all, won't the little darlings be delighted :unsure: .

Fekin 'ell! Only got about 3 inches of snow here! I DEMAND MORE. :unsure:

No snow here. Some fell but it didn't stick, shame as I quite like snow.

I see British migration to Australia is up by 31% this year. Probably all those southern poofs getting away from a little bit of snow. Well I've got news for ya, it was over 40 degrees in Melbourne and Adelaide for the best part of a week last week. If the snakes don't kill ya, the sunstroke will. :unsure:

No snow here. Some fell but it didn't stick, shame as I quite like snow.

Me too! The weather channel is predicting a few more inches of snow for us, but London is supposed to get a real hit. Hopefully a few flakes will drift your way. Of snow, that is.

I see British migration to Australia is up by 31% this year. Probably all those southern poofs getting away from a little bit of snow. Well I've got news for ya, it was over 40 degrees in Melbourne and Adelaide for the best part of a week last week. If the snakes don't kill ya, the sunstroke will. :unsure:

After having been in Perth for a while now it's hard to believe there's anyone left in England at all. A bit of snow would go down well up in Port Hedland after months of high thirty degree days with at least 60% humidity. Then the sun goes down and it drops to low thirties but the humidity gets up in the nineties. I kind of prefer it when it gets up over 40, at least the humidity burns off.

Beats being cold though.

I hate February. The month itself offers very little to humanity but unfortunately it exists because it must. If February were a person I would walk passed them very slowly, very arrogantly, and glare at them with disgust.

Let's just say I'm looking forward to March.

I see British migration to Australia is up by 31% this year. Probably all those southern poofs getting away from a little bit of snow. Well I've got news for ya, it was over 40 degrees in Melbourne and Adelaide for the best part of a week last week. If the snakes don't kill ya, the sunstroke will. ;)

After having been in Perth for a while now it's hard to believe there's anyone left in England at all. A bit of snow would go down well up in Port Hedland after months of high thirty degree days with at least 60% humidity. Then the sun goes down and it drops to low thirties but the humidity gets up in the nineties. I kind of prefer it when it gets up over 40, at least the humidity burns off.

Beats being cold though.

:)

I'm not sure it does, with temperatures like these.

That's damn hot.

Completely snowed in today - can't even get the car out of the garage. Trouble is, I'm the only one that doesn't live in London at my workplace & they can all get in. So, I've spent most of this morning proving that Buckinghamshire is submerged....

Yet, because it isn't London, the media aren't making it out to be as bad as Monday. I can assure them that it is....

Really annoyed though - I won't hit any sales targets this month because everyone else will be taking calls & can't see any of friends, family or girlfriend because I can't bloody get out of Aylesbury...

But at least I can do some more DDP Pics :)

Completely snowed in today - can't even get the car out of the garage. Trouble is, I'm the only one that doesn't live in London at my workplace & they can all get in. So, I've spent most of this morning proving that Buckinghamshire is submerged....

Yet, because it isn't London, the media aren't making it out to be as bad as Monday. I can assure them that it is....

Really annoyed though - I won't hit any sales targets this month because everyone else will be taking calls & can't see any of friends, family or girlfriend because I can't bloody get out of Aylesbury...

But at least I can do some more DDP Pics :)

Occy, I always thought that EVERYBODY wanted to get out of Aylesbury!

Very snowy up this way as well today. Took me over 2 and a half hours to travel 42 miles today. Usually takes 1hr 15m (by bus).

We don't have pansy Londoners driving our busses. :)

About five inches here. And its snowed. Boom boom.

Poor old London gets even more stick around here than the Yanks from all the secretly-envious William Wallaces, Owain Glyndŵrs and Farmer Palmers out there. Now if you'll excuse me, I must be off to attend my flower-arranging lesson and book my tickets for Contemporary Balkan Art Week.

What's snow?

What's snow?

Don't give me that. It snowed in Texas in December (well, not my definition of snow, but the Texan one)!

47 degrees C (116.6F) forecast for parts of New South Wales this weekend.

It's probably not going to snow here then.

47 degrees C (116.6F) forecast for parts of New South Wales this weekend.

It's probably not going to snow here then.

I can pretty well guarantee it, through personal experience.

And still nothing on the Isle of Man. No snow either.

And still nothing on the Isle of Man. No snow either.

You are going to have to move Handy.

Perhaps Yorkshire? Almost a dead cert for at least one snowfall per year.

Some of my friends are saying that the journey time from Aberdeen to Fraserburgh this evening was 5 hours.

I opted to stay at home today. :)

• Like 1