the article below cited it as the reason why he did not travel to Italy to attend the funeral of Pope John Paul II.

I'd say this is wrong.

They were terrified he'd do his old party trick and fall down the stairs while getting off the plane in Rome so reducing a solumn occasion to one of farce.

That would be a novel take on kissing the tarmac.. :huh:

CNN reported today that Clinton and the Bushs (41 and 43) viewed the Pope's body. Jimmy Carter wasn't invited even though he was president when John Paul became Pope in 1978! And our friend Gerald Ford? Well the "only other living ex president who is 91 lives in California and is in frail health". So the media is begining I think to delve into Ford's health situation whatever that situation is.

Bush: I dun't car about a rapper's funeral

>_>

:huh:

Okay so what if it was bad :(

Okay so what if it was bad  :huh:

Try incomprehensible?

Forgot the joke was a bit American >_>

Anyone outside of America wouldn't understand :(

Forgot the joke was a bit American >_>

Anyone outside of America wouldn't understand :huh:

i.e. 95% of the worlds population.

i.e. 95% of the worlds population.

and 99% of the world's intelligence...

Guest GOUHL GIRL

The failure of President Gerald Ford to attend the Pope's funeral and recent public events should be a sign that he is not at all well.The fact that his wife hasn't been out to anything in his place should be a further sign of illness. I am predicting Ford will pass away probably in the next 6 months from pneumonia or some other elderly type of ailment.Someone mentioned on another thread about Carter not going maybe because of health. That wasn't the case. Yes Carter will be 81 this year and definitely looks it. But remember that this is a man who still climbs mountains and builds homes for Habitat for Humanity. Not the picture of an old man going downhill.

Guest funeral director
the article below cited it as the reason why he did not travel to Italy to attend the funeral of Pope John Paul II.

I'd say this is wrong.

They were terrified he'd do his old party trick and fall down the stairs while getting off the plane in Rome so reducing a solumn occasion to one of farce.

Probably afraid he'd break a hip. That would probably be the end of ole Jerry.

Guest Guest

I'd say this is wrong.

Probably afraid he'd break a hip. That would probably be the end of ole Jerry.

What fun Chevy Chase would have with that one. Might even help him get his career back on track!

Guest billyjoe

Don't look like he'll be on the '06 one though!

Guest GovernorArnold
ive been told by people in republican circles that gerald ford is declinining rapidly and can no longer walk or speak..theyre worried that he may get pneumonia which would probnbably kill him so hes not allowed to leave his bed.

A source familiar with the ex presidents health tells me that Ford has reportedly suffered some more minor strokes in the last 4-5 months which has affected his mobility and memory.

ive been told by people in republican circles that gerald ford is declinining rapidly and can no longer walk or speak..theyre worried that he may get pneumonia which would probnbably kill him so hes not allowed to leave his bed.

A source familiar with the ex presidents health tells me that Ford has reportedly suffered some more minor strokes in the last 4-5 months which has affected his mobility and memory.

Interesting

Guest me

will gerald ford get a state funeral like ronald reagan got?

He might even get his name capitalised in any eulogies too!

Guest exprez

Will he be #6 on this year's list?

If not #6 I'd say that there is a good chance he will make an appearance on this year's list as a success.

On the subject of former presidents and all that, I am led to believe that when a president becomes a former president a library is built in his honour. I am currently much occupied by the problem of which books (apart from the obvious "My Pet Goat") might be appropriate for the present incumbent's memorial library particularly considering the fact that he is known not to be a great reader. Indeed it is doubtful whether he is any more literate than the well-known Mr Quayle who couldn't even spell the name of a simple root vegetable. And that's me trying to put it nicely.

Does anyone have any constructive suggestions?

On the subject of former presidents and all that, I am led to believe that when a president becomes a former president a library is built in his honour. I am currently much occupied by the problem of which books (apart from the obvious "My Pet Goat") might be appropriate for the present incumbent's memorial library particularly considering the fact that he is known not to be a great reader. Indeed it is doubtful whether he is any more literate than the well-known Mr Quayle who couldn't even spell the name of a simple root vegetable. And that's me trying to put it nicely.

English textbooks (maybe college level ones), basic math textbooks, and probably most important of all first grade readers! lol

And on the subject of Gerald Ford, I would hope his library at least includes many global atlas's especially with an emphasis on Poland and Eastern Europe. The old boy was quite known for his confusion of places (e.g. 1976 Carter debate- "There is no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe and there never will be under a Ford administration.")

Quite a devastating blunder, most historians would say.

The new Our New Friends seems a good choice.

A sample page:

seespotrun-phrase.jpg

regards,

Hein

Guest Guest

Is there a recent pic of Gerry Ford in his old age, say in recent months or the last year? I'd kind of like to see what he looks like. Can someone please post one?

Guest deaddude

Dead or Alive site is reporting that it has been a bad year for people listed on the "People over 85" section of their website. So far this year 23 people in that section have died. Our buddy Jerry Ford is on that section. Could that be a sign?

For more info visit www.deadoraliveinfo.com