I'm just saying that there is about as much chances of getting extra points as there are elvis appearing to a nun in a deodorant commercial.

Guest Guest

I believe President Ford turns 92 this week. Could it be his last birthday?

Guest DeathLister

Tomorrow, the 14th of July, marks 92 years since the birth of Gerald R. Ford. Contrary to speculation, I believe, judging from the former president's recent appearance at the awards ceremony at which his healthy 87-year-old spouse Betty was honored, that he has at least his 93rd birthday to look forward to, as well. I believe that Ford stands an excellent chance of surpassing Ronald Reagan as the longest-lived U.S. president. But then again, reaching the age of 90 makes you liable to die, really, at just about any given moment.

Guest Guest

He will die before his 93rd birthday, I have no doubt of that. Ronnie`s record will stand for aeons.

He is ninety-two years old today! :angel4:

Guest Chicago

Happy 92nd Birthday President Ford!

Honestly in terms of his health I think he isnt on his deathbed but at the same time not really healthy enough to travel. It is difficult for anyone of his advanced age to make public appearances and travel. It is my understanding that his recent public appearence with his wife was near his home in California.

It is interesting that there is such wide variation in regards to the state of his health, I have heard everything from he still golfs and swims daily to he is bedridden.

I honeslty just think he is an old man trying to enjoy the last years of his life in peace.

Happy 92nd Birthday President Ford!

Honestly in terms of his health I think he isnt on his deathbed but at the same time not really healthy enough to travel.  It is difficult for anyone of his advanced age to make public appearances and travel.  It is my understanding that his recent public appearence with his wife was near his home in California.

It is interesting that there is such wide variation in regards to the state of his health, I have heard everything from he still golfs and swims daily to he is bedridden.

I honeslty just think he is an old man trying to enjoy the last years of his life in peace.

I could agree with most of it.

After all he is now 92 years old which would make traveling

difficult not because he is very sick and fading away but because

he is just old and a bit weaker. I also heard he swims quite often

and plays golf every hear and there "Though i think i heard he had

some kind of heat stroke while playing the activity"

Even if there are good reports he should definitly be

one to watch. I'm sure he still gets those "Bedridden"

type days and also to mention the same to his 88 year old wife.

Guest Guest

Well with 2 ex heads of state dead this year (Heath and Callaghan), it's probably time for an aging U.S. head of state from the same era to bite the dust.

Guest Guest

at 92 one is liable to pass away at any time from something as minor as a head cold.

Guest iain

Ive heard from someone in the states who claims to know these things that the health of ex president Gerald Ford has deteriorated markedely in the past few days and that he may be in his final days on this mortal coil.I cant vouch for this but I think we should keep an eye on things just in case...

I can remember the last time we waited for Ford's death. We were all anxious to see him award his wife with that prize thing to assess him. Then suddenly Gerald Ford went from someone who was lying in their death bed to a man who swims and plays golf regularly.

Guest iain

I think youll find that he is a very sick man.most unlikely he is playing golf anymore

I think youll find that he is a very sick man.most unlikely he is playing golf anymore

Oh sorry - I'm not exactly on first name terms with him.

Alls that I'm saying is that last time his death was imminant, he turned out to be fine.

(Sorry, I appear to be being a bitch tonight).

Ive heard from someone in the states who claims to know these things that the health of ex president Gerald Ford has deteriorated markedely in the past few days and that he may be in his final days on this mortal coil.I cant vouch for this but I think we should keep an eye on things just in case...

I won't believe it until I hear it from a reliable source in the media.

You said the exact same thing about Patrick Moore on July 17th and Bill Deedes on July 18th. If I am not mistaken, you do sound very much like our dearly departed colleague, Death List Observer in the Lady Bird Johnson thread. :lol:

Guest iain

Patrick Moore will last a while yet im sure,but Ford and Deedes are in a much more precarious situation

Patrick Moore will last a while yet im sure,but Ford and Deedes are in a much more precarious situation

Iain, just a personal question here.

Are you any way related to Mystic Meg?

Iain, just a personal question here.

Are you any way related to Mystic Meg?

I'm guessing yes -if only because the accuracy of the predictions is about the same :D

Guest deathlist girl

Allright Ian, fill us in some more on Gerald Ford, there has been nothing reported in the media with regards to his health. It was reported that he spent his birthday at home in California with his wife. However his museum in Michigan did offer free birthday cake to the first 500 visitors on July 14.

However his museum in Michigan did offer free birthday cake to the first 500 visitors on July 14.

So I'm guessing there is a hell of a lot of cake left.

Mind you, it depends how big the cake was...and indeed on how big the pieces were.

Guest Guest

London Times quoted Gerald Ford as saying he looks forward to celebrating his 95th birthday! lol

Guest DLO II

Wouldn't it be funny if he and Lady Bird Johnson died on the same day? Just kidding

He had an outing today - a scout jamboree thing. Looking for pictures - will post if found.

All I have been able to locate is George Bush making mention of Gerald Ford as he (GB) addressed the scouts at their Jamboree. Turns out that Ford, Bush, Dickie the Hologram Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld were all scouts and attained the top ranking of Eagle Scout.

All I have been able to locate is George Bush making mention of Gerald Ford as he (GB) addressed the scouts at their Jamboree. Turns out that Ford, Bush, Dickie the Hologram Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld were all scouts and attained the top ranking of Eagle Scout.

I have it on good authority that George Dubya did not attend any scout meetings or jamborees, failed to attend the medical, used his father's influence to get Eagle Scout, and then transfered to the airforce when things in Vietnam started to hot up. The rest, as they say, is history B)