The news media has been very quiet regarding Ford's health. But I won't believe anything until the end actually occurs-whenever that happens.

The news media has been very quiet regarding Ford's health. But I won't believe anything until the end actually occurs-whenever that happens.

Very sensible....perhaps too sensible.

Gerald Ford could in fact die any day now

So could any of us!

Apart from it being obvious i wouldn't have guessed

Interesting note: Ford like Rosa Parks was born in 1913. Parks was born in Feb. and Ford in July. Parks was 5 months his senior.

Guest Guest
Interesting note: Ford like Rosa Parks was born in 1913. Parks was born in Feb. and Ford in July. Parks was 5 months his senior.

Don't count ole Jerry out just yet.

Don't count ole Jerry out just yet.

Who is 'ole Jerry' anyway?

'ole Jerry' - Gerald Ford - the guy who was never elected Vice-President OR President of the United States.

Oh i thought he meant 'ole Jerry. :lol:

Pardon me arriving late and that. Has anyone else asked the question whether Ford's position - never elected to Vice President or President but serving as both - is unique in American history?

Pardon me arriving late and that. Has anyone else asked the question whether Ford's position - never elected to Vice President or President but serving as both - is unique in American history?

It is in fact true that Gerald Ford is the only person in U.S. history to be both Vice President and President without being elected to either office.

Gerald Ford

He wasn't born Gerald Rudolph Ford either. His name at birth was Leslie Lynch King (re-named after his mother's re-marriage). Apologies if someone has already remarked on this but I wasn't going to re-read the whole thread I'm afraid.

And going off at a tangent slightly, am I right in thinking there was a President who had no middle name, but used a middle initial anyway, that didn't stand for anything?

And going off at a tangent slightly, am I right in thinking there was a President who had no middle name, but used a middle initial anyway, that didn't stand for anything?

You are thinking of Harry S Truman

You are thinking of Harry S Truman

So what does the 'W' in George W. Bush stand for....?

(I set 'em up, you knock 'em in.)

He says: Walker

We say: W**ker.

Guest Alesa "Blimp" Baker

I actually thought after Reagan died that Gerald Ford would be the next person to lie in the Capitol Rotunda. However Rosa Parks beat him to it! I'm almost willing to bet that he will be the NEXT distinguished citizen to lie in repose. What are the odds? By the way his failure to join Bill Clinton and George W. Bush at the funeral should be a sign that his health is failing.

Guest iain

im not so sure..ive just seen Jimmy Carter on tv and he does not look a wel man.Hes aged a lot in the last year or so.I would not be surprised to hear of his death at any time

I saw Carter last night on the Larry King show. He does seem to be getting a little old. King asked him how Ford was. Carter replied that he still talks to him and that he just doesn't get out of the house much anymore, doesn't give speeches, or travel. It seems both Ford and Carter are begining to show their ages.

Guest iain

gERALD fORD WILL BE DEAD WITHIN A YEAR.

Have any of your predictions ever come true?

I see your caps lock does work, after all. ;)

Have any of your predictions ever come true?

I suppose no one had enough time to ask me that qustion?

I see your caps lock does work, after all. ;)

I was going to mention it (again) but couldn't be arsed. ;)

Guest Dennis
im not so sure..ive just seen Jimmy Carter on tv and he does not look a wel man.Hes aged a lot in the last year or so.I would not be surprised to hear of his death at any time

I must beg to differ with you for Jimmy Carter still seems to be in very good health give his age and family medical history. Even at the age of 81, he still leads a very active life, travels, speaks, still builds for Habitat for Humanity, not exactly a sign of failing health. Besides Gerald Ford, the only ex president to be watching is Bill Clinton. The man had two heart operations in 6 months. And he hasn't looked very well since. I feel that there is more to his health than he lets on. So there could be the possibility that Gerald Ford could survive both Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton!

im not so sure..ive just seen Jimmy Carter on tv and he does not look a wel man.Hes aged a  lot in the last year or so.I would not be surprised to hear of his death at any time

I must beg to differ with you for Jimmy Carter still seems to be in very good health give his age and family medical history. Even at the age of 81, he still leads a very active life, travels, speaks, still builds for Habitat for Humanity, not exactly a sign of failing health. Besides Gerald Ford, the only ex president to be watching is Bill Clinton. The man had two heart operations in 6 months. And he hasn't looked very well since. I feel that there is more to his health than he lets on. So there could be the possibility that Gerald Ford could survive both Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton!

What about George Bush Senior? He is 81 this year, older than Carter by a few months and far older than Clinton.

Surely he should be considered at least.