Re the longevity comments above. Whatever Carter's failings as a president he's - arguably - the most successful ex-president in living memory given his work for international peace brokering.

Dunno if he still keeps an interest in peanut farming, mind.

Americans also tend to conveniently forget that Carter was the one who brokered the release of the Iranian Embassy hostages - not Reagan.

He's also an ambassador for Habitat for Humanity. Until relatively recently, he would work on their housing blitzes as well.

All in all, a good man. I don't know that there's a lot more that can be said about anyone that really makes a difference.

All in all, a good man. I don't know that there's a lot more that can be said about anyone that really makes a difference.

His brothrtre made a forutne offf of promotuung a tasty beer.

I want to see Gerald on a bier, God knows we need it to improve this years shite DL performance.

Billy Beer? Tasty? That stuff could remove the finish from my walls.

Billy Beer? Tasty? That stuff could remove the finish from my walls.

So coulsd nmy breathe. Its almost as tasty as Piels.

Isure could go for some Guinness on tasp righret about now, lets' all join in a song feast shalkll wwe?

"Rheingold Beer Jingle (theme, based upon Estudiantina Waltz)"

[aka: "Estudiantina Valse, Opus 191, No. 4 (The Students' Waltz)";

The Beer jingle with a lyric by an unknown ad agent, used

the melody of this famous light-classical waltz tune. The

lyric was,

"My beer is Rheingold the dry beer. Think of

Rheingold whenever you buy beer. It's not bitter, not

sweet, it's the extra dry treat -- Won't you try extra

dry Rheingold beer?"

The melody of this old European

waltz tune was the memorable part used as the TV THEME

Just for you Bruno, some 50's nostalgia.

Bless tyyou kind sitar!

Guest Guest

Gerald Ford may his logtime home in Colorado because of his frail health, his spokeswoman Penny Circle said. The death of Mr. Ford is close.

Gerald Ford may his logtime home in Colorado because of his frail health, his spokeswoman Penny Circle said. The death of Mr. Ford is close.

Syntax error at line 1.27. Parsing halted.

There were one error(s) while parsing message. No output was generated.

Parser returned error code 71624.

regards,

Hein

They are actually saying that Ford is frail. And he might not return to his home in Colorado. I swear if he f****n dies a few days before surpassing Reagon, I think i'll really lose my mind. I'll kill Typhoid Harry and Tempus Fugit.

Guest Guest

Syntax error at line 1.27. Parsing halted.

There were one error(s) while parsing message. No output was generated.

Parser returned error code 71624.

regards,

Hein

Gerald Ford may sell his lontime home in Colorado.

Gerald Ford may his logtime home in Colorado because of his frail health, his spokeswoman Penny Circle said.

Agreed and confirmed by this link, if you mean he may sell his Colorado home.

The death of Mr. Ford is close.

That remains a possibility, as he is elderly and in frail health, but there is no official confirmation of this from any news source.

Guest Guest
He seems to spend as much time in hospital as he does at home.

He might have suffered a new stroke

Guest Guest

The death of Mr. Ford seems to be imminent. His health is very frail. It's possible who Mr. Ford is dead until the end this year.

The death of Mr. Ford seems to be imminent. His health is very frail. It's possible who Mr. Ford is dead until the end this year.

Um, oh I get it, yeah.

Dunno about anyone else I'd like to see him make November 12th and a record that every president since will struggle to break, and then hit the dirt hard before the end of the year because he's useless to us as a 2007 pick.

Looks like BS has a prototype of that invisibility device currently being pioneered by a British scientist.

Incidentally, I really hope Ford makes that mid-November date. It's our last chance to see that record broken for a long time. In 11 years time George Bush (b 12-06-1924), and Jimmy Carter (b 01-10-1924) could be struggling along to 93 years and 120 odd days. But I'm not sure they'll last that long.

Wow.

This must be one of his most intellectual posts to date...

And the most tedious thread on the site chunters on and on.

Well, if you insist on posting on this thread to complain about it, it's going to keep reappearing at the top of the thread list, isn't it? And presumably carry on chuntering, which I must admit I thought was one of the recently discovered lost 'Carry On' tapes.

I for one will not be making that mistake, AtJ.

Ah.

And the most tedious thread on the site chunters on and on.

Kids' stuff; for those long sleepless nights I recommened using the search facility to hunt down the current whereabouts of Cliff Mitchelmore. They should make the criminally insane read that thread, it'd save millions in the budget for the injections they use to calm them at the moment.

Looks like BS has a prototype of that invisibility device currently being pioneered by a British scientist.

Just last night I left my eye open watching the 11.00 news, they explained that science has successfully made objects vanish from sight. This intreagued me. A similar project was performed durning WW2, when they attempted to disguise submarines and small ships from the eyes of an enemy. It was a failure. But looking into the future, it would be an experience to become a ghost before you are dead. Think about it.

Just last night I left my eye open watching the 11.00 news, they explained that science has successfully made objects vanish from sight.
Sort of. Apparently they can bend Radar around objects. In visible light it doesn't work. Yet?
This intreagued me. A similar project was performed durning WW2, when they attempted to disguise submarines and small ships from the eyes of an enemy. It was a failure.

That depends a bit. The research in camouflage painting of vessels turned out some very effective results. I've read somewhere that in transatlantic convoys, when 'dazzle painting' was just introduced, ships collided often. The captains complained bitterly that they couldn't see the other boats in broad daylight.

Are you perhaps thinking of the Philadelphia Experiment? That's a bit apocryphal.

regards,

Hein

Ford is looking bad . just got update from yank mate he's poorly and may have to stay in hosp. :rip: