Guest Guest

actually spooky as this may seem,Gerald Ford actually looks worse than that guy on notapotatos post

actually spooky as this may seem,Gerald Ford actually looks worse than that guy on notapotatos post

Spooky indeed, since at the time of taking, the subject of that photograph (a certain elderly gentleman known as Mr. Thuthmosis I) had already been deceased for more years than I would care to remember.

www.americanpresidents.org/grantstomb/gford/ There are 2 pics of Gerald Ford's gravesite in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

www.americanpresidents.org/grantstomb/gford/ There are 2 pics of Gerald Ford's gravesite in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

In case that link doesn't work (which it doesn't) here is one which does.

Site also has a pic of Nelson Rockefeller's grave. Maybe I'm mistaken, but didn't he die in bed with his girlfriend in 1979?

Site also has a pic of Nelson Rockefeller's grave. Maybe I'm mistaken, but didn't he die in bed with his girlfriend in 1979?

Wow, they both died together?

According to this article, she was underneath him :D

Where was Megan Marshak when Vice-President Nelson Rockefeller Died?

Thanks, that was pretty interesting. I recall seeing something about that on a 'Biography' segment about Rockefeller, but had forgotten the girl's name and wasn't sure whatever became of her.

As the readers may have noticed, that article is on the website of Sam Sloan, a colourful person, some might say kook.

He also plays and writes about chess, not particularly well.

regards,

Hein

What a fascinating story, it asks many questions; could he have been saved if help had been called sooner? Where is she now? How does one arrange for a corpse to be cremated so soon?

The writing or the playing?

Both.

regards,

Hein

If the rumers about his very frail health is true i would think neither.

Guest Death List Observer

Enough discussion of the Marshak affair.

I am predicting that both Gerald Ford and Lady Bird Johnson will pass away in 2005. They are only about 6 monthes apart in age and according to numerous reports in seriously declining health. These 2 deathes will be the end of a remarkable era in American political history.

That could be a possibility. It's happened before. In 1994 Richard Nixon and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis died about 3 weeks apart and less than a year after Nixon's wife Pat had died.

Guest Death List Observer

Although it is probably because his was a largely inconsequential presidency, I am surprised at the lack of recent coverage regarding Gerald Ford. I believe the last time I heard of him in the mainstream media was in November, when he failed to attend the opening of the William J. Clinton Presidential Library. It seems that only periodically (such as when all living former presidents gather except for Ford) is Gerald Ford mentioned. While Ford's declining health has received little coverage, the news media kept death watch over Ronald Reagan from November 5, 1994, the day he announced he was suffering from Alzheimer's disease.

Due to the lack of coverage of the health of Ford, I am compelled to wonder whether his death will be incredibly newsworthy. Obviously, Ronald Reagan's death created quite a saga, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the story of the death of Gerald Ford evaporate quickly and take a backseat to other news stories.

That's true. Ford was not as well known as someone like Reagan. In fact he was never even elected to the presidency and had no following or adoring public of any kind. His administration had no big accomplishments on the legislative or foreign policy front. His wife on the other hand seemed to be much more well-liked by both sides of the aisle.

But going back to his apparently deteriorating health, he missed another big event this past week. The 30th anniversary of the fall of Saigon (which occured during Ford's White House tenure) was covered extensively on the network news. Ford failed to appear on any of the programs to commemorate the anniversary.

There is no point answering to DLO. He can't hear you as he is dead.

That's open to debate. Look out for any posts about Lady Bird Johnson, I bet DLO will return to annoy us eventually.

Guest Guest

That's open to debate. Look out for any posts about Lady Bird Johnson, I bet DLO will return to annoy us eventually.

Anybody could claim to be DLO!

Indeed, but there are certain characteristic features to his posts.

And of course there's always the old IP magic.

If DLO is in fact still alive (and I'm not sure myself), he/she could use many names. But the whole story about the sudden diagnosis of leukemia and then dying within hours, that just makes no sense.

I'm DLO and so's my wife!

If I could be permitted to instigate an irrational witch hunt I'd like to accuse the following of being one and the same.

• weatherman90
  • DeathLister
  • LBJWatcher
  • DeathListObserver
  • GracieJc8

You stand accused!!! :P:P

I'll join you on that witch hunt LP7.

But since Stayin' Alive has absconded, taking all the IP numbers with him, thus rendering the Moderators impotent, we may never discover the truth.

We may find some consolation in OMJ's favourite saying: "Guilty until proven innocent"

Most applicable in this case, I think.