Death in Pixie Boots

Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Guest VAR
The question is will it be "in time" or not.

It was the question...

Congrats to DL!

a great man passed away...

I'm not so sure a great man has passed, he was a reactionary, an anti-Semitist who believed in "Russia for the Russians" and he didn't treat his first couple of wives very well, however he did differ from Banshees Scream in that he was a great writer whose work demands our respect.

But, like Banshees, the other inmates of the Gulag ran a poll to see if they should chuck him. After a series of long and pointless discussions they decided they'd be better off with the status quo.

I can't say I'm too sad about Alex popping off, One bastard well Day in the Bastard well life of bastard well Alexander bastard well Solzhenitsyn caused me no end of grief at school.

Great pick, next please.

The death of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn has been a long time coming. Now this means the author category should definitely see a replacement next year.

Top prospects: José Saramago .. Ray Bradburry .. Studs Terkel .. and somebody who isn't in mind right now.

Quite irritating he was with his sermons, dull prose and bad style. Never a good writer. Nevertheless, RIP.

Quite irritating he was with his sermons, dull prose and bad style. Never a good writer. Nevertheless, RIP.

I've always enjoyed his work, however I have only read someone elses translation of his books. Being unable to read Russia I couldn't comment on his prose or style.

My second hit on the DDP this year. I'm going on holiday on Thursday, usually someone famous dies while I'm away. I hope old Alex hasn't jumped the gun here.

A great and wonderful man has left our modest midst. Farewell Al old man. FRom the gloomy day when first I read your touching book One Day In The Life of Ivan Denisovich up thorugh Cancer Ward and on through The First Circle and even at tiimes Gulag Archipelago I was given hours asnd days and evey so many times occasionally weeks of reading enjoyment. I felt your locations and still have the wooden spoon we shared that frozen day in Siberia after we built the wall in the throes of your ague.

Perhaps now you and my other friend Fyodor (Dostoevsky) will share many conversations as you most likely always wanted to do-----and might have too if he hadn't died some years before you were born.

You will be missed by us all---and over there I hear young Mr.Screams weeping in mournful sorrow as he caresses the last cigarette you rolled for him that aftenoon by St. Basil's.

Poor Monique, the birhday is now hers alone---

Good stuff - my 8th hit of the year & up to equal 15th. Nice to do well without doing too well, if you catch my drift.

A hit on the CPDP too.

I admit to being an ignoramus about Solzhenitsyn, except I knew he had a big beard, knew he had trouble under Stalin & knew my dad found him quite inspirational. And from a DP point of view.. knew he was seriously ill. Surprised more teams didn't pick him.

Alexander Solzhenitsyn is a very very long name; And I have to confess, it's hard to rhyme,

But I really could have done it, but like Alex, I've run out of time.

I wanted to make this poem good, because he deserves a real good tome,

But it's very nearly five o'clock - and I have to rush off home.

I'll try again tomorrow, because tomorrow is another day,

Well for me perhaps, but not Alex, life is just funny that way.

So rest well Mr. Solzhenitsyn - if anyone deserves it, it's you,

And i'll read your book tomorrow, and this time, all the way through!

I've always enjoyed his work, however I have only read someone elses translation of his books. Being unable to read Russia I couldn't comment on his prose or style.

I can't read Russia either. Or France for that matter.

Of course you can, but you need special glasses. kaputjz5.jpg

(It says KAPUT)

'...dull prose and bad style. Never a good writer.'

Could of course be said about me.

Argh, had him. More points for little old sad me!

'...dull prose and bad style. Never a good writer.'

Could of course be said about me.

There are men in this world who are hung like chinese hamsters, yet they are great lovers because of their technique.

You Mr Grave are not the biggest poster but you have technique.

There are men in this world who are hung like chinese hamsters, yet they are great lovers because of their technique.

Great, not only am I poorly educated, now I have a small penis.

To get things back on topic shouldn't it be Russian hamsters.

could well be playing tribute to Mr. Solzhenitsyn through the medium of dance, (I know I would), whilst removing a Russian hamster from his bum bag. Perhaps this should be in the Gere thread.

Great, not only am I poorly educated, now I have a small penis.

To get things back on topic shouldn't it be Russian hamsters.

could well be playing tribute to Mr. Solzhenitsyn through the medium of dance, (I know I would), whilst removing a Russian hamster from his bum bag. Perhaps this should be in the Gere thread.

Poorly educated? Never!

I cannot possibly comment as to how you are hung :skill2:

Should it be in the Gere thread? No, perhaps it should be put in a Rocket and sent into the depths of Space.

A sad day this first year when Al was not able to join in the consuming of his cake.

In other news, Monique is still around and was one year older yesterday than last year at the same time.