Death Star

Ian Brady

Caught some of the Channel 4 Longford programme, another excellent Peter Morgan drama. It said Brady was still on hunger strike. I didn't know that. He could be a good each-way bet for next year.

He's been on hunger strike for at least 5 years now. I believe a year & a half ago he was given "weeks to live" by the hospital staff as allegedly his internal organs were starting to fail. But here we all are and he's still with us...

I say, remove the feeding tube and stop wasting taxpayers' money

Caught some of the Channel 4 Longford programme, another excellent Peter Morgan drama. It said Brady was still on hunger strike. I didn't know that. He could be a good each-way bet for next year.

He's been on hunger strike for at least 5 years now. I believe a year & a half ago he was given "weeks to live" by the hospital staff as allegedly his internal organs were starting to fail. But here we all are and he's still with us...

I agree

I say his carers should make a New Year resolution to do that, after we've lined him up as a DL pick.

Is that like a Nicholas Soames hunger strike? <_<

Guest the tribe of brady

Why can't they put a webcam and speaker in his cell so we can tell him what we think of him and watch him writhe as they force-feed him?

Or maybe a simple thing like "send a meal", where you send stuff to him from a local takeaway but he's not allowed to eat it, just get tempted by the smell, could be organised.

Or better yet, take him back to broadmoor pop him in a cell on an empty wing and LEAVE HIM TO DIE. THen the world can get on with the year 1A.B. and enjoy ourselves without the memories!

How does an "each-way" bet on someone dying work?

Why can't they put a webcam and speaker in his cell so we can tell him what we think of him and watch him writhe as they force-feed him?

Or maybe a simple thing like "send a meal", where you send stuff to him from a local takeaway but he's not allowed to eat it, just get tempted by the smell, could be organised.

Or better yet, take him back to broadmoor pop him in a cell on an empty wing and LEAVE HIM TO DIE. THen the world can get on with the year 1A.B. and enjoy ourselves without the memories!

And how - exactly - does his death erase the memories? Have a look at politics in Northern Ireland, they're still getting revved up about battles centuries ago.

And how - exactly - does his death erase the memories? Have a look at politics in Northern Ireland, they're still getting revved up about battles centuries ago.

Ah July, a lovely time of year! <_<

It's obvious LD. The odds are poorer if he comes in third.

I see <_<

I was thinking along the lines of a "win" being a death .... but I couldn't quite work out what a "place" would be.

I see <_<

I was thinking along the lines of a "win" being a death .... but I couldn't quite work out what a "place" would be.

Neither could I. I added the "each way" because I liked the concept, not that I understand the concept or know whether there is a concept. But there ought to be one.

I see <_<

Neither could I. I added the "each way" because I liked the concept, not that I understand the concept or know whether there is a concept. But there ought to be one.

Whatever....

Can someone please give me details about this fine chap's health over the last couple of years? Reports say he was hospitalized earlier this year but does anyone know for what?

[Topcis merged -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Can someone please give me details about this fine chap's health over the last couple of years? Reports say he was hospitalized earlier this year but does anyone know for what?

[Topcis merged -- MH]

Rita, I think the hospitalization was something to do with his kidneys although I've not seen any reports to state that. The only thing I've seen mentioned in the news about him this year has been when he was writing to the mother of one of his victims.

Then again 18 months ago he was given "weeks to live" by doctors tending him. I wish they would just remove that feeding tube and do us all a favour

This is the latest news story I could find on Brady from October 23rd

New battle for Brady journalist

A journalist is facing a fresh attempt by a health authority to force him to reveal his source for an article about the care of Moors murderer Ian Brady.

Robin Ackroyd's 1999 Daily Mirror story made allegations about mistreatment of Brady at Ashworth Hospital, Merseyside.

Mersey Care NHS trust wants a High Court ruling won by Mr Ackroyd in February to be overturned.

The Court of Appeal case centres on the balance between press freedom and the confidentiality of medical records.

At the original hearing, the High Court rejected argument by the trust that the public interest in a journalist's right to protect his sources was overridden by patient confidentiality.

On Monday, Vincent Nelson QC told three appeal judges in London it was not disputed the hospital had a legitimate aim in seeking to establish the identity of the employee who had leaked information to Mr Accord relating to Brady's treatment.

The point at issue was whether there was a "pressing social need" for disclosure of the journalist's source in this case.

In the High Court, Mr Justice Tugendhat had said Mr Ackroyd was a "responsible journalist" who was "acting in the public interest".

The new case is among a series of court battles between the trust and the media over the Brady case.

Some of the information disclosed to Mr Ackroyd came from Brady's medical records on a confidential database known as the Patient Administrative and Clinical Information Service (PACIS).

It formed the basis of a story published in the Daily Mirror in December 1999 about alleged mistreatment of Brady while he was being force-fed on hunger strike.

The Mirror fought unsuccessfully all the way to the House of Lords to avoid having to disclose its source - Mr Ackroyd - who then became the target of the action brought by the trust in its attempts to identify who leaked the information.

A High Court judge ruled in October 2002 that Mr Ackroyd must reveal his source.

But in May 2003, the Court of Appeal held that Mr Ackroyd should be allowed to defend himself - which he did, successfully, earlier this year.

Brady was jailed for life with Myra Hindley in 1966 for the murders of five children in Greater Manchester.

The 67-year-old began his hunger strike in September 1999.

Guest cribble

I'm dumbfounded :lol: I thought the sick physco was already charcoled :lol:

Ok lets get it straight here... The judges called him a 'Monster' yet they give him Human Rights.

How the hell does that work then ?

Tube fed ? OK fill the feeding bag with liquidised rat poo and battery acid.. That should save the tax payers of this country a shed of wedge :lol:

I'm dumbfounded :lol: I thought the sick physco was already charcoled :lol:

Ok lets get it straight here... The judges called him a 'Monster' yet they give him Human Rights.

Tube fed ? OK fill the feeding bag with liquidised rat poo and battery acid.. That should save the tax payers of this country a shed of wedge :lol:

I know you cribble. I was in the back of your cab once.

I think I once heard him on a local radio phone-in.

Then the State would have to shell out millions on an inquiry into his death.

Luckily, we can just blame the Russians these days...

Ian Brady.

Found dead

In the corner

Of his cell

After shivering

And remembering

And shaking off

The horror

Of his thoughts

Iain Brady was a

Crack Head

This is not

Only a prediction

But it is a fact

So they should

Freely let him

Starve

Because it would entertain me!

Guest Cribble

I'm dumbfounded ;) I thought the sick physco was already charcoled :pop:

Tube fed ? OK fill the feeding bag with liquidised rat poo and battery acid.. That should save the tax payers of this country a shed of wedge :P

OH DEAR SUSSED AGAIN ;)

Guest Sam

ian brady is seriously ill and no matter what anyone says nothing can turn back time. what he did was wrong yes but he was mentally insane! life is too short to dwell on the past and knowone can ever bring those children back so what is the point of saying things about tax and all that crap! if your going to moan then moan about the dirty reoffending peodophiles that just dont feel remorse or sorrow for what they do! at least ian brady is sorry for what he did which is more than what can be said for others!!!

ian brady is seriously ill and no matter what anyone says nothing can turn back time. what he did was wrong yes but he was mentally insane! life is too short to dwell on the past and knowone can ever bring those children back so what is the point of saying things about tax and all that crap! if your going to moan then moan about the dirty reoffending peodophiles that just dont feel remorse or sorrow for what they do! at least ian brady is sorry for what he did which is more than what can be said for others!!!

:)

So Ian Brady hasn't reoffended since being locked up.

Great argument. Last time I checked, it was quite hard to arrange for your dog to bugger children inside prison...

I can deduce from your post that you're not Winnie Johnson...

at least ian brady is sorry for what he did which is more than what can be said for others!!!

:P Where did that little gem come from?

So sorry that he refuses to tell Greater Manchester police where Keith Bennett's body is?