Death Star

General Pervez Musharraf

Guest Guest

Question is is this a genuine illness or one of those wierd sudden 'illnesses' that afflict ex despots when they're about to make a court appearance? How many times has Mubarak or Jaruselski been on the brink of death after all?

Question is is this a genuine illness or one of those wierd sudden 'illnesses' that afflict ex despots when they're about to make a court appearance? How many times has Mubarak or Jaruselski been on the brink of death after all?

That is exactly my point, he was ON HIS WAY to a court appearance when his chest began to hurt, supposedly... Some are reporting he had a heart attack, but nobody official has said that

This could be serious, guys

Times of India reports that former Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf is in critical care unit after suffering "severe heart attack"

"Pervez Musharraf has suffered a severe heart attack. He is conscious but admitted to Critical Care Unit, APML spokesperson to PTI."

https://twitter.com/timesofindia/status/418689254286303232

Probably about as serious as Hosni Mubarak being "clinically dead" just before his court date........

Time will tell.

I hope you don

That is exactly my point, he was ON HIS WAY to a court appearance when his chest began to hurt, supposedly... Some are reporting he had a heart attack, but nobody official has said that

Indeed.

regards,

Hein

Former president General (retd) Pervez Musharraf left for Dubai early Friday morning, hours after the interior ministry issued a notification to remove his name from the exit control list (ECL).

Before leaving, Musharraf told a DawnNews correspondent, "I am a commando and I love my homeland. I will come back in a few weeks or months."

The former president, vowing to face all pending cases against him, said he was keeping himself abreast with developments in the country and will actively take part in politics after his return.

Musharraf said he was going abroad to seek "medical treatment of a decade-old illness which has now developed several complications."

On Thursday, Interior Minister Nisar Ali Khan announced at a press conference that the government had decided to allow Musharraf to travel abroad for treatment after the Supreme Court lifted a ban on Musharraf's foreign travel a day ago.

SC

• Like 1

Oh! I opened several topics in separate tabs and this one read "General Perv"

I thought it must be an offshoot of the Jimmy Savile thread.

• Like 1

Oh, one of my former picks, finally showing some effort, years after being sacked.

• Like 1

Guest Droosy

Oh! I opened several topics in separate tabs and this one read "General Perv"

I thought it must be an offshoot of the Jimmy Savile thread.

I read it the same way!

Back in hospital for what is apparently a bad reaction to a rare disease:

Health deteriorated last night and Twitter saying he's dead, but let's see...

I guess a test for everyone's bullshit detectors:

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2019/06/12/special-court-rejects-musharrafs-plea-to-dismiss-high-treason-case/

Musharraf’s counsel said that he was embarrassed by repeatedly submitting requests to adjourn the case’s hearing.

He said that his client was rapidly losing weight, adding that he was unable to walk and used a wheelchair. Safdar asked for one more chance so that Musharraf could himself appear in court.

He said that the former military dictator was having “heart chemotherapy” because of which his health had deteriorated.

• Like 2

There is virtually no way that Musharraf is executed. The UAE won't allow him to be extradited, and there is no version of him going back to Pakistan voluntarily.  

Unless they send out a hit team. Maybe a horde of lawyers could swarm his hospital.

Curious addition to the list, could be ill, could be killed, or he might just be completely fine. We'll see.

On 17/12/2019 at 07:55, BeretBleu said:

what about the deathlist rules ?

Can we put someone sentence to death in our list ? 

If they don't have a scheduled date of execution, then I believe it's fine

• Like 1