Godot

Fascinating Creatures - Squids

California waters are being invaded by Humboldt squid again. Also,one of the the local tabloids has a story today which explains that they have more interest in gobbling up anchovies than bothering with humans. I completely understand. Anchovies are the only reason I ever order pizza.

California waters are being invaded by Humboldt squid again. Also,one of the the local tabloids has a story today which explains that they have more interest in gobbling up anchovies than bothering with humans. I completely understand. Anchovies are the only reason I ever order pizza.

Then you know the answer to the question

'What's the smelliest thing in the world?'

An anchovies bum.

Then you know the answer to the question

'What's the smelliest thing in the world?'

An anchovies bum.

*dialing phone* Hello? Hello? Yes, I placed an order for a pizza five minutes ago.

Yes, that's right I'm the pizza with anchovies. Umm..I want to change that order please.

That'll be a plain pizza. No..no toppings at all. Thanks. Bye. *click*

In that case I'll be over to join you just as long as you got some red pepper... and if you have a tempurpedic comfortable couch waiting for me. O and if you have a large flat plasma screen TV that would also help.

PS

Should I bring anything?

*dialing phone* Hello? Hello? Yes, I placed an order for a pizza five minutes ago.

Yes, that's right I'm the pizza with anchovies. Umm..I want to change that order please.

That'll be a plain pizza. No..no toppings at all. Thanks. Bye. *click*

Your Straitjacket?

Your Straitjacket?

The city is bright at night but eyes are dark

I've tuned in to the signal of my imagination

Motions and actions generate at their own speed

Voices are heard but words have no meaning

The film will project in only minutes

My bottle is empty as I gently lay her to rest

Time is precious and here comes a woman

Down the sidewalk like gunfire of my wasted paradise

Standing almost falling I felt it was impossible to speak

For once I turned around and thought back door

Looking over my shoulder I had a better view

As I went off to that theater for the big picture

Ladies and gentleman were taking their seats

I'm to cheap for highly overpriced goods

Life and death live and insanity and comedy laugh

As I stair at the productions on the big screen

Your Straitjacket?

etc etc

Ah the DL's own McGonagall. Equal to verse such as this:

Beautiful Railway Bridge of the Silv'ry Tay!

Alas! I am very sorry to say

That ninety lives have been taken away

On the last Sabbath day of 1879,

Which will be remember'd for a very long time.

McGonagall the worst poet of the English language - probably. Ms.Nelson says I need a strait jacket?? Well then I'll give her a few lines that are cheap and insane. (No I'm not talking sugar in a bag) I actually wrote it in ten minutes. I give people what they give me. (Bullshit)

Perhaps it's time to resurrect this again.

sFun_rofl.gif Oh my god.Help me please someone....I hadnt seen that before. That's a keeper.

I have just stumbled on the Sea Slug Forum:

http://www.seaslugforum.net/

"On the Sea Slug Forum you can ask questions, post information and find out more about nudibranchs, bubble-shells, sea hares and other sea slugs. This site aims to generate more interest in these fascinating animals by sharing information with a worldwide audience. The Forum is a useful tool for anyone with an interest in sea slugs from scientists and students to divers and aquarists"

I have just stumbled on the Sea Slug Forum:

http://www.seaslugforum.net/

"On the Sea Slug Forum you can ask questions, post information and find out more about nudibranchs, bubble-shells, sea hares and other sea slugs. This site aims to generate more interest in these fascinating animals by sharing information with a worldwide audience. The Forum is a useful tool for anyone with an interest in sea slugs from scientists and students to divers and aquarists"

and Star Crossed in case he shoots some for his culunary fetishes.

For those of you who like your seafood fresh, try some live octopus for tea.

Anyone fancy a swim in the black depths with some

pulling at your face mask?

If you like squid, you'll love squid art. My favourite is the scarf. Am I alone in finding those tee-shirt designs ever so slightly phallic? It probably explains the squid rubbers.

Other highlights: a squid USB port, squid kettle, squid guitarist, squid news report and a nice squid cartoon strip.

Your Straitjacket?

I've tuned in to the signal of my imagination

Motions and actions generate at their own speed

Voices are heard but words have no meaning

The film will project in only minutes

My bottle is empty as I gently lay her to rest

Time is precious and here comes a woman

Down the sidewalk like gunfire of my wasted paradise

Standing almost falling I felt it was impossible to speak

For once I turned around and thought back door

Looking over my shoulder I had a better view

As I went off to that theater for the big picture

Ladies and gentleman were taking their seats

I'm to cheap for highly overpriced goods

Life and death live and insanity and comedy laugh

As I stair at the productions on the big screen

An excellent effort Banshee's?

There are many satisfying features but I am left wondering what 'the gunfire of' your 'wasted paradise' is. Am I right in seeing it as a post-coital reference. 'Standing almost falling' - perhaps a reference to your prick - becoming limp with performance anxiety.

You have been gently laying her to rest (a considerate lover no doubt) ............. is that death and sex I'm picking up in the same image. Shakespeare often did this - cleverly - as 'death' and 'orgasm' were interchangeable terms in his day. (Yours in the ranks of death m'lady' is a line that frequently pulls the birds.)

I think we should see some more of your work BS. Get to work, laddie, I think you have great promise.

sh*t, not much time. Did you know that today is International Cephalopod Awareness Day? Spread the word while it lasts.
OK I know ICA day is over but there's a pretty good knife throwing act on the clip before you get to the octopus man. I was wondering whether either of the pair, Elizabeth and Collins were still alive. I would imagine his throw is getting a bit shaky now and Elizabeth might just get an obituary. They were in a 1963 episode of the Avengers. That's real fame.

More Squidly goodness.

Fascinating creatures. The more I read, the more I like 'em.

More Squidly goodness.

Fascinating creatures. The more I read, the more I like 'em.

I'm glad the squid are intelligent because the green font on the black background isn't. :lol:

I like 'em too - of course, I suspect we're talking about two different connotations of "like."

Baked Squid with Garlic-Anchovy Pasta

Serves 4 reasonable adults, or 1-1/2 teenage boys

1.5 pounds small squid, cleaned, bodies sliced into 1/4-inch rings tentacles halved if large

1 cup plain dried bread crumbs

1 tsp oregano, crumbled

1 tsp freshly ground pepper

salt to taste

1/2 cup + 2 tbl olive oil

1 large clove garlic, minced

1 tsp anchovy paste

1/2 pound dried cappelini (or other thin pasta)

1 tbl unsalted butter

Lemon wedges

• Preheat the oven to 450F. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. In a large bowl, toss the squid with the breadcrumbs, oregano, pepper, and one teaspoon salt. Spread the squid in a large baking dish in a single layer and sprinkle with any leftover crumbs. Drizzle 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the olive oil on top. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the squid is golden brown and crunchy. : Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk the garlic and the anchovy paste into the remaining 1/4 cup oil and bring to a simmer over low heat.
  • Cook, whisking, until fragrant but not browned, about 3 minutes. : Add salt to the boiling water. Add the capellini and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain the pasta and return it to the saucepan. Add the anchovy sauce and the butter and toss to coat. : Make a bed of capellini on a platter or plates. Mound the baked squid on the pasta and serve with lemon wedges.

A Squid Beak is not always what it seems.

Good one AtJ. The camel toe images are eye-watering stuff. Lots of squid beak there.

Okay, so it is a tenious connection but seeing as it was in this thread that I learnt of the expression Camel toe (thanks ATJ et al.) I thought I'd post this little chanson here...

Camel Toe Song

A Squid Beak is not always what it seems.

Good one AtJ. The camel toe images are eye-watering stuff. Lots of squid beak there.

Okay, so it is a tenious connection but seeing as it was in this thread that I learnt of the expression Camel toe (thanks ATJ et al.) I thought I'd post this little chanson here...

Camel Toe Song

That's at least six years old that song. I remember as some clown at work was sent the file by a friend (2 or 3 megs back when that was a biggish size) and he decided to foward it around to a few other colleagues. He managed to send it to everyone. Everyone from the Chairman of the Board to the Mail-room toilers. I'm not sure what he's doing now.

A celophod has taken control of the Daily Telegraph Obits page. ;)

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?

The following error was encountered:

Zero Sized Reply

Squid did not receive any data for this request.