Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Red Adair

Guest Guest

What no entries?

Guest Guest

Red Adair died today. He was an American icon. I met him. My wife knew him well. Rest in peace Red.

Thanks for the report Guest - You were first with the news

Just a couple of days after the success of Henri Cartier-Bresson, another DeathList regular Red Adair has added to the total....

Red Adair thread is here

No longer Red ...

Dead Adair :huh: :huh:

Are they planning to cremate him ?

Better dead than Red...ie Arsenal..

Guest K Jon

Does anyone know the name of Red Adair's children and grandchildren?

Guest Xana

My grandmother's sister was married to Red (long ago as she once put it). My grandmother once described him as "a man who enjoyed playing with fire and going out with the guys. Just not great husband material for a nice lady like my sister."

I am a Texan, and we were always proud of his accomplishments. Family or not, he was a truly exceptional man. Very few will willingly walk into fire for any reason but he did and made a living doing it.

Guest Lloyd Douglas Adair

:huh:

Hi all,

I always wondered if we were related? My Fathers Name was Lloyd Emil Adair.

raised in Beamount, Texas until his father died, then moved to California. My father was 8 years old then, that would have been 1929, just after the depression hit.

It would be nice to find out, if in fact, we were related?

Currently, back in Lewisville, Texas. Since 1994.

Guest Guest
My grandmother's sister was married to Red (long ago as she once put it). My grandmother once described him as "a man who enjoyed playing with fire and going out with the guys. Just not great husband material for a nice lady like my sister."

I am a Texan, and we were always proud of his accomplishments. Family or not, he was a truly exceptional man. Very few will willingly walk into fire for any reason but he did and made a living doing it.

She must have been married to him a long time ago because he was married to his current wife for 62 years.

She must have been married to him a long time ago because he was married to his current wife for 62 years.

Wouldn't that be "widow"?

Guest Four Donkeys of the Apocolypse

Didn't Marion Morrison that draught dodger from Hollywood play him in a film of his life?

Guest MarkC

Hope the Devil gives you that Air Conditioning Red. We will miss you.

:rolleyes:

-Mark

Guest Four Donkeys of the Apocolypse

Not "EVERYBODY" has been tarred by worknig for or near ole Pappy Bush you know.

Guest Kevin Matthews

I had the great pleasure of working with Mr. Adair during the Kuwiat Oil Fires in 1991. I assisted in corridinating supplies for the fire fighters through the U.S. Government. He testified before the Senate Committee I was working for and we spoke many times by phone and had a couple of dinners. He was a truly exceptional man. He was not very tall, but had the largest and strongest hands I have ever seen. Most of the work around blowouts is done by hand, as metal tools can cause a spark and ignite the well.

My lasting memory will be of him calling me on his 76th B'day from Kuwait. He needed 25 Catipillar D8 Bulldozers for the fires. After 5 days of work we flew them out on a series of C-5As. Catipillar uses that episode in its advertising campaign.

He proved that hard work is rewarded.

There is an old joke that goes:

A man from Texas died and went to Heaven. Upon meeting God he asked for a tour of heaven. God showed him beautiful rivers, great vistas, and restfull places. The man said "no offense God, but Texas has places every bit, if not more, beautiful than that". God turned angry and cast open the doors of Hell to show the flames and heat. God said "Do you have anything like that in Texas". The Texans answered "No, but we got fella in Houston named Red Adair that can put the out for you".

:rip:

:rip: Interesting stuff. That's what I like about the DL forums - they pull in all sorts of folk, from borderline psychopathic ranters to people who know (or should I say knew, in this case) the pickees personally and have a tale to tell. :old:

Rude Kid - you should also have added that it is good to see someone who knew the pickee, and yet doesn't rant and rave about this site. So many people who visit seem to believe that we wish ill on the nominees, instead of accepting that everyone passes away at some point, and all we try to do is forecast when.

So farewell Red, I bet you now feel blue,

A colorful life; a colorful hue.

You put out oil rig fires, with bravery and gusto

But like all peeps, in the end, you too must go.

I never knew you Mister Red,

But I think I knew your cousin, Fred,

Who back in 1982,

Run an employment agency; is that true?

He said he was your cousin,

Now we will never know,

But thank you Red, for all you done,

Cos putting out fires, ain't all fun.

Poetry Man, in the style of er... well.... Keats. No not that Keats, Mrs Keats from number 82

Guest Toni

Does anyone know the time of death for Mr. Adair? I'd appreciate knowing. Thanks.

Doing a horror-scope are we ?

This thread is a little past its sell-by date, but I had to comment on the fantastic photo of Red on the DeathLine.

It takes a lot to do his larger-than-life life justice, but the photo says more than many, many, words ever could (though the Texan joke above is pretty good!). Great find. Was it a publicity shot? Whatever, a great way to be remembered.

So long Red. The world needs more heroes.

Guest Jon

Wonder if he ever missed dancing with Ginger Rogers?