Guest IYG

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, How long can they Carry On?

Neil Young, not only a great musician, but, according to NBC, the first man to walk on the moon.

He did talk about moonbeams once, but that was in a song about a bird he wanted to chat up....

The force of nature that is Neil Young continues to hurl itself in several directions at one time. Second album of the year wtih Crazy Horse about to be released (and the newbie is a double CD of original material), autobiography practically upon us and he's just found time to unveil his high-quality alternative to the iPod, for which he has the backing of major record companies.

Oh yeah, and he's a barely a month away from his 67th birthday.

F***in' legend!

Crosby, new album within a month and a tour..

So, probs not the best short-term pick, then. Would've needed some medical evidence to be insurable for that tour.

Link:http://www.davidcrosby.com/tour

David Crosby cancels tour dates.

Left anterior coronary artery 90% blocked.

Neil Young is getting divorced (after 36 years of marriage).

Neil Young is getting divorced (after 36 years of marriage).

Lucky bastard!

• Like 3

Neil Young's replacement bass player, Rick Rosas, has passed away today. Funny thing is that he came to replace Billy Talbot who almost died as well not so long ago.

Neil Young's replacement bass player, Rick Rosas, has passed away today. Funny thing is that he came to replace Billy Talbot who almost died as well not so long ago.

Bruce (Buffalo Springfield) Palmer who also worked with Neil Young in the mind-blowing Trans period is also dead. Do we have a Spinal Tap drummer scenario thing going on here?

Bruce (Buffalo Springfield) Palmer who also worked with Neil Young in the mind-blowing Trans period is also dead. Do we have a Spinal Tap drummer scenario thing going on here?

I think we might - Tim Drummond

• Like 1

Dallas Taylor, the drummer for CSN and CSNY has died, according to contacts in LA.

The Youngster turned 70 yesterday. He's the youngest of the four as well.

Overdue to post this but; Neil Young is apparently writing a sci-fi novel he describes as "fucking weird"

That'll be well weird if he thinks it's on the edge.

Link: http://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/472907/Neil-Young-pens-sci-fi-novel

Overdue to post this but; Neil Young is apparently writing a sci-fi novel he describes as "effing weird"

Link: http://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/472907/Neil-Young-pens-sci-fi-novel

I'd bear in mind Mr Young's last foray into the future....

neilyoungtrans-cvr.jpg

Overdue to post this but; Neil Young is apparently writing a sci-fi novel he describes as "effing weird"

I'd bear in mind Mr Young's last foray into the future....

neilyoungtrans-cvr.jpg

I may be in a minority in loving that one. Though 1986's Landing on Water - which is a stumble into the same territory - is, by common consent, one of the worst things he ever did. He covered one of its songs - Hippie Dream - on his latest live album and totally changed it from the 30 year old original.

We R in Control is not bad. Mind you, I am a big fan of Goin' Home, an obscure 9 minute track from Are You Passionate?, his (only, I think) album with Booker T from 2002.

We R in Control is not bad. Mind you, I am a big fan of Goin' Home, an obscure 9 minute track from Are You Passionate?, his (only, I think) album with Booker T from 2002.

He rates that one himself - last time he played Hyde Park he performed it

• Like 1

Current state of Crosby

Looking old, sounding less rounded and more hoarse than in the past - but still clearly into what he does. Official FB keeps posting current videos: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialDavidCrosby/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf