Sign in to follow this  
Death Star

PW Botha

This thread is the place to discuss PW Botha.

• Like 2

Guest Simmo

I note with interest that Botha is listed as a newcomer to the list for 2004, yet he was listed in 2003. That's all.

By Jiminy, he's right you know.

Well spotted that eagle-eyed little visitor!

May all the DL exec committee hang their collective heads in shame. :rip:

He also appeared in 92 and 94, so really this is his 4th appearance on the list. Will we get away with the 'bug in the software' excuse again?? :rip:

Ooh - a bug in the software...actually more accurately a dupe in the database.

Sorted out now :rip:

Thanx for pointing that out Simmo

Guest crap chat

Q/ What will be the last thing that PW Botha says when he finally kicks the bucket?

A/ Everything is going all black.

Actually, looks like P Dubya is going to make it this year. Maybe he had a word with Eugene Terre 'Blanche about keeping the "black" away from him. Maybe he arranged an armed guard for him.

Guest bokke

Listed as a Dictator, wrong, ex RSA State President

Listed as a Dictator, wrong, ex RSA State President

Anyone ruling a country where 3/4 th of its voting age citizens were not allowed to vote is a dictator.

Anyone ruling a country where 3/4 th of its voting age citizens were not allowed to vote is a dictator.

Hear Hear

Guest Guest

I live in South Africa as a British Citizen and PW Botha was not as corrupt as people may be led to believe. The were others far more corrupt. I have never voted in any election here and would not change that. But I can say that things have not got any better here in the last 11 years of the Rainbow Nation in fact they have got progressivley worse

I used to live in the RSA during the dark days of apartheid, and while life may be more inconvenient today for the average white person living there, I'd have thought for the typical South African (i.e. black) citizen, life is far better today now that they can do things like vote, go to any beach they want, take any bus they want, etc. You know, things white volk everywhere pretty much take for granted. This is not to overlook the tragic Aids epidemic or the terrible crime statistics which currently plague the country, and I'm sure all South Africans hope the next President is more pragmatic and effective than Mbeki (Xhosa for "clueless").

As for PW, that old racist, I don't believe the DL site contends he was corrupt, although as FF notes he was the head of a regime which denied the vote as well as many of the most basic human rights to 3/4 of the population. How that crew could live with themselves is beyond me. Personally I think FW de Klerk gets a little bit of the short end of the stick, as he was as instrumental in setting SA on the right path as Nelson Mandela, but he never gets visits from Bono telling him how jolly super he is.

Anyway, as and when Botha does go I'm sure there will be far more people celebrating his passing than mourning it.

Guest Henners

;)

Now take away the beard...

That pointed finger... you must admit it is uncanny!

Guest One Man Jury
I used to live in the RSA during the dark days of apartheid

Very Good!

Ever thought of doing comedy?

Guest Guest

well when did rosa parks die :(

Guest Guest

is there anyone that knows when rosa parks died cause i need to know so if you know write it in............... :(

Why ask the same question twice in the space of a minute?

Why ask it on a thread about PW Botha?

Why not just use the Search function?

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near? :(

is there anyone that knows when rosa parks died cause i need to know so if you know write it in............... :(

She's not dead. Now hop it! :D

Guest toefies

To my fellow British/ South African resident, as I black South African I experienced PW Botha as a dictator and a tyrant. While things have deteriorated for white South Africa, opportunities have opened up for the majority of people that for years have lived under this man's and his predecessors regime. I will definitely be having a huge celebration when this senile man departs.

Guest One Man Jury
To my fellow British/ South African resident

I can see why you're upset. Maybe under the new regime you'll be offered an education! Unless you have half of the resident you refer to living in Britain and the other half in S Africa. DOH!

is there anyone that knows when rosa parks died cause i need to know so if you know write it in............... :)

She's not dead. Now hop it! :)

Wasn't Rosa Parks famous for travelling on a bus???? Was it the one where the bus had to maintain a speed of at least 50mph or a bomb would explode?

Guest Guest

Piss Willy Botha may be a racist old bastard to boot, but at lest he does not hide and try to make as if he has reformed after seeing the error of his racist ways. Like some of his old associates have been doing. So the old krokodile is at lest truthful in one sense at lest, what a redeeming feature.

He was good at his job as minister of defence he managed to built and lay the foundations of one of the top ten armaments producing and exporting nations in the world. All thanks to the arms embargo, which goes to show sanctions do not work there is always a way around them

He was good at his job as minister of defence he managed to built and lay the foundations of one of the top ten armaments producing and exporting nations in the world. All thanks to the arms embargo, which goes to show sanctions do not work there is always a way around them

So he sold loads of guns illegally? Oh, he must be alright then.