Sign in to follow this  
Death Star

PW Botha

It is my considered opinion that all Sith Ifricans are tossers.

Guest Heppi Jaapie

Opinions are like arseholes: everyone's got one, and some opinions are bigger than others.

Opinions are like arseholes: everyone's got one, and some opinions are bigger than others.

But will yours be satisfied on Hampstead Heath?

But will yours be satisfied on Hampstead Heath?

Ba-dum-tish!

Sir, I rather fear that you are mistaking me for a Seff Effrrican. I will have my satisfaction at dawn on Hampstead Heath... ;)

It's not sir.

Madame will do nicely, thank you.

Live like us

Die like us

Earn the right to speak your mind like us.

I've found that it's hard to tell the difference betwenn Sirs and Madames when it comes to Sif Ifrikaans.

Guest Heppi Jaapie
I've found that it's hard to tell the difference betwenn Sirs and Madames when it comes to Sif Ifrikaans.

That might be because you're used to hanging around with the gay crowd and the cross-dressers. Understandable, considering your admission earlier.

Ta.

That might be because you're used to hanging around with the gay crowd and the cross-dressers. Understandable, considering your admission earlier.

Ta.

Ooh, touche.

Funnily enough I did spend most of this weekend with a load of cross-dressers, but that is not for a family forum.

Guest IYG

Ta.

Ooh, touche.

Funnily enough I did spend most of this weekend with a load of cross-dressers, but that is not for a family forum.

Since when is a site discussing death on a regular basis a family forum?

Ta.

Ooh, touche.

It sure has me puzzled? <_<

You don't have my family.

Guest IYG

Mine is weird enough, thank you very much.

I have your family. Stay by the phone and await further instructions.

I have your family. Stay by the phone and await further instructions.

Ah! That's where they've gone, I'd wondered why it had gone a bit quiet. You're quite welcome to keep them LP7, but the little one can bite when riled.

Guest stuart robertson

that old bugger PW Botha, cos of him i had to spen two whole years in the SA Army and then was subjected to citizen force camps year after year, so i'll be having a few beers when he goes on to the laager in the Sky!!

I got a bit excited when I read the headline.

No luck. :(

Guest Mark LV
Listed as a Dictator, wrong, ex RSA State President

Anyone ruling a country where 3/4 th of its voting age citizens were not allowed to vote is a dictator.

The blacks were not citizens and therefore not entitled to vote. So he was not a dictator, but a democratically elected President. This is the truth, whether you like it or not. I'm not saying that it was right that blacks were not citizens, but legally this was the situation. Legality and morality are two different things.

Listed as a Dictator, wrong, ex RSA State President

Anyone ruling a country where 3/4 th of its voting age citizens were not allowed to vote is a dictator.

The blacks were not citizens and therefore not entitled to vote. So he was not a dictator, but a democratically elected President. This is the truth, whether you like it or not. I'm not saying that it was right that blacks were not citizens, but legally this was the situation. Legality and morality are two different things.

So, if someone bars all the people from voting who undoubtedly would have voted against him (i.e. the blacks), and then he wins the majority of support from those whom he has allowed to vote, (a small white minority) this makes him a fair and democratically elected leader????? ;)

So, if someone bars all the people from voting who undoubtedly would have voted against him (i.e. the blacks), and then he wins the majority of support from those whom he has allowed to vote, (a small white minority) this makes him a fair and democratically elected leader?????  ;)

In an old-fashioned view on democracy: yes. Less than a century ago women didn't have the vote in most western democracies.

Things have changed, fortunately.

regards,

Hein

So, if someone bars all the people from voting who undoubtedly would have voted against him (i.e. the blacks), and then he wins the majority of support from those whom he has allowed to vote, (a small white minority) this makes him a fair and democratically elected leader?????  ;)

In an old-fashioned view on democracy: yes. Less than a century ago women didn't have the vote in most western democracies.

regards,

Hein

There speaks a batchelor.

There speaks a batchelor.

And there speaks a man who is VERY confident that his other half doesn't visit the site.

Don't Batchelors make cup-a-soups?

;)

So, if someone bars all the people from voting who undoubtedly would have voted against him (i.e. the blacks), and then he wins the majority of support from those whom he has allowed to vote, (a small white minority) this makes him a fair and democratically elected leader?????  :(

regards,

Hein

And what about those chappies who invented the thing in the first place? The Greeks I think it was. Not many of their people actually got to take part either.

If they could see us now, they'd probably do a lot of laughing to scorn, followed by a lot of head shaking in despair.

At least we now know how to stop all those Cuban protest posts in the Castro thread. Advise Castro to have full and free elections, but nobody apart from him gets a vote :(

And what about those chappies who invented the thing in the first place? The Greeks I think it was. Not many of their people actually got to take part either.

Yes, 5th century BCE Athens. According to the Wikipedia article on democracy "Only a sixth or a quarter of the whole (adult male) population of Athens could vote[...]".

If they could see us now, they'd probably do a lot of laughing to scorn, followed by a lot of head shaking in despair.

Of course democracy and human equality are different ideas. Those Greeks were perfectly comfortable with slavery.

regards,

Hein