Sign in to follow this  
Death Star

PW Botha

Very interesting;

They should screen it to the world, it'd encourage assassination attempts and earn us a much needed stiff on the list.

Guest Darkie
I used to live in the RSA during the dark days of apartheid, and while life may be more inconvenient today for the average white person living there, I'd have thought for the typical South African (i.e. black) citizen, life is far better today now that they can do things like vote, go to any beach they want, take any bus they want, etc. You know, things white volk everywhere pretty much take for granted. This is not to overlook the tragic Aids epidemic or the terrible crime statistics which currently plague the country, and I'm sure all South Africans hope the next President is more pragmatic and effective than Mbeki (Xhosa for "clueless").

As for PW, that old racist, I don't believe the DL site contends he was corrupt, although as FF notes he was the head of a regime which denied the vote as well as many of the most basic human rights to 3/4 of the population. How that crew could live with themselves is beyond me. Personally I think FW de Klerk gets a little bit of the short end of the stick, as he was as instrumental in setting SA on the right path as Nelson Mandela, but he never gets visits from Bono telling him how jolly super he is.

Anyway, as and when Botha does go I'm sure there will be far more people celebrating his passing than mourning it.

Wipe your mounth, dick head, you're talking bullshit. I'm a black person living in fear because South Africa became a paradise the lawless people. In mr Botha's time we could easily live without fearing being raped, murdered, burgled etc. Today we have 20000 murders a year in South Africa out of a population of 40 million. Not bad hey !!!!!!!!

I used to live in the RSA during the dark days of apartheid, and while life may be more inconvenient today for the average white person living there, I'd have thought for the typical South African (i.e. black) citizen, life is far better today now that they can do things like vote, go to any beach they want, take any bus they want, etc. You know, things white volk everywhere pretty much take for granted. This is not to overlook the tragic Aids epidemic or the terrible crime statistics which currently plague the country, and I'm sure all South Africans hope the next President is more pragmatic and effective than Mbeki (Xhosa for "clueless").

As for PW, that old racist, I don't believe the DL site contends he was corrupt, although as FF notes he was the head of a regime which denied the vote as well as many of the most basic human rights to 3/4 of the population. How that crew could live with themselves is beyond me. Personally I think FW de Klerk gets a little bit of the short end of the stick, as he was as instrumental in setting SA on the right path as Nelson Mandela, but he never gets visits from Bono telling him how jolly super he is.

Anyway, as and when Botha does go I'm sure there will be far more people celebrating his passing than mourning it.

Wipe your mounth, dick head, you're talking bullshit. I'm a black person living in fear because South Africa became a paradise the lawless people. In mr Botha's time we could easily live without fearing being raped, murdered, burgled etc. Today we have 20000 murders a year in South Africa out of a population of 40 million. Not bad hey !!!!!!!!

Hmmm - something tells me that you are not really black.

Probably the Darkie bit...

Hmmm - something tells me that you are not really black.

Probably the Darkie bit...

Can't fault the logic though, eh? You ban apartheid, now there's loads of violence; therefore if we re-segregate people and restrict freedom in general.... Especially in the current political climate that's bound to calm everyone down again, because they'll all know their natural place in society and stop getting silly ideas about being equal. Guaranteed to end the violence.

It's a bit like saying slavery is ok if all the slaves get fed and clothed properly and get beaten up occasionally, but only if they really deserve it. That doesn't mean that every slave who is freed is instantly better off, but that's not reason enough to return willingly to the cage is it?

Either way, at the rate you're going you've still got another 2,000 years to sort the problem out before it solves itself, so thinking caps on. :)

He's gone - brown bread - another hit for the deathlist.

Well done to DDP's:

A Grave Situation

Burke 'n' Hare

Dead Beat

gdh200

Johnny Foreskin And The Pullbacks

Kali Comes To Dinner

Lord Football's Snuffers

Slave to the Grave

Tramp The Dirt Down

And now today's unconfirmed newsflash - it's been reported that PW Botha died today.

Anyone else celebrating?

And now today's unconfirmed newsflash - it's been reported that PW Botha died today.

Anyone else celebrating?

Looks like it's confirmed. It's appeared on the BBC web crawler, so there'll be a full report fairly soon

and here's the proof:

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/...2023500,00.html

About a week ago his wife (now widow) says he "was fine & doing well." Hmmm...

Anyway, well done Deathlist & all the others who chose him.

I'd imagine a fair few people had him on next year's lists.

EDIT Oh good, I've just realised he's on my CPDP list! 2 hits already. Fantastic stuff, far more than I expected. :crossbone:

Guest Guest

He's dead 20H00 SA time on 31 Oct 2006 - see www.iol.co.za

PW Botha is the 9th success of 2006.

He is the 146th hit since 1987.

The 2006 list is now in 8th place shared with 1994, 1995 and 1997 out of a possible 20 lists.

Oh yes, and Happy Halloween everybody...

Well, let the ranters come in! The chap was 90 years old and had been out of the spotlights for quite a while, but I would enjoy a racial rant or two tonight. (The missus is watching Gilmore Girls, the football (on stream) is almost done, so I'm going to get bored in a couple of minutes...)

Happy Halloween you basterds.

PW Botha dead. It appears he couldn't successfully wrestle down Satan. Talk about major turn of events. :crossbone:

ks_Botha%20kl.jpg

Edited by Banshees Scream

Guest mugabe

R.I.PW Botha

There's always something satisfying when a deplorable political figure dies.

"The Big Crocodile" is now just "The Big Crock"

Hmmm... and to think that yesterday I was musing whether or not to predict that DL would have another hit by the end of the month...

Anyhow, well done DL! Let the cold November and December set in! This means you Pinter...

Hurrah! A very satisfying success :D

Agreed. Good riddance you Boarstud! :crossbone:

He won't be missed - now I'm rather hoping for a domino effect - Botha, followed his old chum Thatcher, then her mate Pinochet. It would be a great hat-trick.

It's great to have our 9th graduate from the DL class of 2006.