Sign in to follow this  
Death Star

PW Botha

julle mas se poese!
anyone know if this is Afrikanns? MH - does it resemble Dutch?

No, the sentence doesn't look like any valid Dutch.

It looks like illiterate Afrikaans.

'Julle' is Afrikaans for 'you (plural)'. 'Se' is Afrikaans for 'yourself'. 'Poese' seems a misspelling, only the gods know of what. 'Mas' I don't even recognise.

regards,

Hein

I only speak English and American, but from what MH & Godot have identified and presuming that the post is perhaps a drive-by rant, could it possibly be something along the lines of 'go F**k yourselves'?

That might account for 'poese'- it being collaquial, perhaps. Just a thought.

julle mas se poese!

anyone know if this is Afrikanns? MH - does it resemble Dutch?

what a great way to post on a website - write in a language spoken by only two million people on the entire planet, most of whom are too busy being racist to even know what a computer is. Might as well have put it in Sanskrit.

The first word I think is "You" but I suspect it is a sort of Afrikaans slang. I came across some of the phrases but they don't seem to translate directly.

This website [edit] (careful if you're at work!) [/edit] seems useful, it indicates the phrase 'Jou ma se poes' (pretty close to Julle mas se poese, especially when spoken) which means 'your mother's C**t'.

Not sure whose mother that's aimed at, and indeed what the problem with said mother's naughty hedge is. :D

TLC Wrote:

Not sure whose mother that's aimed at, and indeed what the problem with said mother's naughty hedge is.

Naughty hedge? Never heard that before. How quaintly brilliant.

I shall leap on Mrs BHB later and demand she prunes her naughty hedge!

Not sure whose mother that's aimed at, and indeed what the problem with said mother's naughty hedge is. :D

Naughty hedge?!! That's a new one on me. :D

It gives a whole new meaning to hedge funds.

Always glad to broaden minds.

Talking of broad minds, that Afrikaans swear site has some pretty imaginative swear phrases. For instance: -

"Jou ma naai vir bus-geld en loop steeds" translated is "Your mother f**ks for bus-money and still walks".

Maybe more random Afrikaans sweary posts later! :D

This website seems useful, it indicates the phrase 'Jou ma se poes' (pretty close to Julle mas se poese, especially when spoken) which means 'your mother's C**t'.

You're very close. Actually, some further thought gave me the answer, I didn't recognise the words as plurals. Apparently our swearing Afrikaner did use correct, if vulgar and badly capitalised, Afrikaans. I apologise for my thickness.

The correct translation is: "Your mothers' c**ts."

Still no idea what the matter with those organs actually is.

regards,

Hein

Always glad to broaden minds.

Talking of broad minds, that Afrikaans swear site has some pretty imaginative swear phrases. For instance: -

"Jou ma naai vir bus-geld en loop steeds" translated is "Your mother f**ks for bus-money and still walks".

Maybe more random Afrikaans sweary posts later! :D

Never mind the sweary posts...I'm still checking out the delectable shapes on the right of that webpage.

Berrygirl 60 looks like she'd F**k for bus money.

Maybe you should edit that link and put 'not safe for work' or something similar. :D:D

Maybe you should edit that link and put 'not safe for work' or something similar. :D:D

Edit of original post complete, but that won't have edited other posts where people have included the link in their reply.

I'm at work myself, but as we're kind of closing down slowly there's very few people here most of the time, and I spend much of the day surfing the net on Deathlist.

Word of warning, I found an old thread the other day where there's a link to a 'scat' site (can't remember the thread, someone was talking about Bill Clinton's cat I think), which I looked at, innocently.*

We're not talking biddly diddly be bop ba do here I can tell you! I'm so glad no-one saw my screen that time.

*[edit] After further investigation, the thread is called 'Bill Clinton's Cat Socks'** (duh!), and I'm sure the person concerned is well aware who posted the link that very nearly got me into big trouble. Still, it was very funny, as was 'Scat or Snack?'. I've moved on to savoury products recently... :D

** Not about Bill Clinton and his strange demands that his socks can only be made from finest cat fur...

Just to give my final two penn'orth on the matter, I was in fact talking about South Africans resident outside South Africa. I do not care how much people are trying to change the situation in South Africa, I do not care what you have had to put up with during and after the Apartheid era, I do not care how misunderstood you feel by the international community, just please please please stop behaving like such arrogant loud-mouthed fucknuts when I'm trying to have a nice quiet pint and a packet of pork scratchings.

Just to give my final two penn'orth on the matter, I was in fact talking about South Africans resident outside South Africa. I do not care how much people are trying to change the situation in South Africa, I do not care what you have had to put up with during and after the Apartheid era, I do not care how misunderstood you feel by the international community, just please please please stop behaving like such arrogant loud-mouthed fucknuts when I'm trying to have a nice quiet pint and a packet of pork scratchings.

Talking of scratchings, I was in a pub yesterday where you could buy biltong over the bar.

Class one-liner Anubis. Reminds me of John Cooper-Clark mind. Sometime junkie and once over a man who'd have been a contender hereabouts.

Guest Meyer Munich

Look North - to Zimbabwe - and tell me that the country is benefitting from the Black majority leadership - SA will go the same way.

Guest Guest

In response to member 229's comment<{POST_SNAPBACK}> above, by his definition, most Govenors of British colonies from the 1700's onwards can be defined as dictators.

[Link added -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

Guest Guest

Get real here.  When Botha was in power, the country wasn't running off a cliff like it is now.

Or rather, running on to a jet to London.

Can't move for the charmless SA ignorami round here.

As opposed to the intellectually and culturally challenged British I presume?

Guest nothingman

If only you could understand that pverty in south africa has doubled under the ANC and that if you are black and have internet you have access to moan about white people. If you are looking at race relations all over the world you will realise that our propblems are not from with in Sa but come from rules made by powerfull people UN USA ..............Illuminatti

If only you could understand that pverty in south africa has doubled under the ANC and that if you are black and have internet you have access to moan about white people. If you are looking at race relations all over the world you will realise that our propblems are not from with in Sa but come from rules made by powerfull people UN USA ..............Illuminatti

:blink: Huh?! :blink:

Guest prancer

PW BOTHA IS A GREAT MAN!!!!

:(

PW BOTHA IS A GREAT MAN!!!!

:P

And Brutus was an honourable man.

regards,

Hein

Guest R.Viljoen

PW Botha is still alive but he is getting old, i know cause i meet him in western cape on may 12 2006 all the best R. Viljoen.

i meet him in western cape on may 12 2006 all the best R. Viljoen.

R. Viljoen, thats all very well.

However I regret ti inform you that you have missed your appointment as it's now the 25th of June.

Guest R.Viljoen

However I regret ti inform you that you have missed your appointment as it's now the 25th of June.

very sorry my english is not good, i have already meet him, 12 may 2006 in george, western cape, south africa. all the best R. Viljoen

very sorry my english is not good, i have already meet him, 12 may 2006 in george, western cape, south africa. all the best R. Viljoen

I wouldn't worry. My English isn't that great either. ;)