Death Star

Kurt Waldheim

Guest Laurent

I feel a little bit missunderstud. That no one is a nazi till its proven ... i have never said and thats simple to prove, according to the lists of SA or SS. I said that warcrimes have to been proven! [if not we have the same kind of law like in this time. Because, then you can set someone quilty without anything done, only that he was german or austrian. This is my opinion, with respect to all who suffered.]

Please do not turn my words, so that someone can image, that i support this ideology or i do not accept the crime which was done to a lot of citizen of germany and their occupied countrys.

You have to distinguish between nazis and nazis, who did warcrimes. In my opinion Stauffenberg, who was a nazi, was not evil, or do you think so ?

Please check history. Austria made him to president, after he was a long time accepted in the un. And then (after elections) the story of his past got public. So nearly no austrian knew it before.

The question is: How far, did he support the regime? Or what we can verify, how far it was prooven? And according to an international examination, he knew about warcrimes, but was not directly involved.

http://www.info-kalender.de/kal/k001221.htm

Good evening everyone :rip:

Many good and decent people were members of the Nazi Party, there was simply no alternative for those wishing to hold onto their lives. The SS, on the other hand, were a different story. Because of this I don't think that the word "Nazi" should carry the stigma it now does, but everyone loves having a scapegoat. There have been myriad attrocities committed in war time; I know scholars who believe the Japanese slaughtered upwards of twice as many innocents as the Germans, and the Russians were no slackers in the genocide department, either.

Guest Guest
I don't think that the word "Nazi" should carry the stigma it now does, but everyone loves having a scapegoat.

I wonder, if Germany had won then would the same stigma apply to "Conservative"?

Oh, wait, hang on a minute...

lol

The job descriptions aren't meant to be taken too seriously - just look at some of the others !

Nonetheless, the argument that someone is innocent until proven guilty should be upheld.

Just ask the US. Maybe not. The UK ? Eh, maybe not, again. Or ... well can you think of a western democracy where this littl' bitty bit of justice is still holding valid recently ...

Guest PaulM

Dr Kurt Waldheim is an Officer and Gentleman.

From elsewhere...

Waldheim had resumed military service after recuperating from his injury and had been an intelligence officer in Germany's Army Group E when it committed mass murder in the Kozara region of western Bosnia. (Waldheim's name appears on the Wehrmacht's "honour list" of those responsible for the atrocity.) In 1944, Waldheim had reviewed and approved a packet of anti-Semitic propaganda leaflets to be dropped behind Russian lines, one of which ended, "enough of the Jewish war, kill the Jews, come over." After the war, Waldheim was wanted for war crimes by the War Crimes Commission of the United Nations, the very organization he would later head. None of these revelations prevented Waldheim from winning the Austrian election, but after he became president, the U.S. Justice Department put Waldheim on its watch list denying entry to "any foreign national who assisted or otherwise participated in activities amounting to persecution during World War II."

I may consider allowing myself a small smile when the murderous Nazi finally goes off to meet the others.

Guest cwebb

Long live the former president of my beloved country Austria!

Long live the former president of my beloved country Austria!

I bet you've got your uniform and armband ready to wear at a moment's notice.

From elsewhere...

Waldheim had resumed military service after recuperating from his injury and had been an intelligence officer in Germany's Army Group E when it committed mass murder in the Kozara region of western Bosnia. (Waldheim's name appears on the Wehrmacht's "honour list" of those responsible for the atrocity.) In 1944, Waldheim had reviewed and approved a packet of anti-Semitic propaganda leaflets to be dropped behind Russian lines, one of which ended, "enough of the Jewish war, kill the Jews, come over." After the war, Waldheim was wanted for war crimes by the War Crimes Commission of the United Nations, the very organization he would later head. None of these revelations prevented Waldheim from winning the Austrian election, but after he became president, the U.S. Justice Department put Waldheim on its watch list denying entry to "any foreign national who assisted or otherwise participated in activities amounting to persecution during World War II."

I may consider allowing myself a small smile when the murderous Nazi finally goes off to meet the others.

I agree, but I think it seems a little unfair that he will get away 'scot free'* in this life, having had what by any standard is a rather good time. Still, as my father always remarked upon hearing my youthful whine ".... it's not fair"; "LIFE is not fair" he would reply.

*'Scot free'. Sounds better than it looks in print. Not sure where the phrase originates, can anyone enlighten me?

*'Scot free'. Sounds better than it looks in print. Not sure where the phrase originates, can anyone enlighten me?

The Webster's 1913 Dictionary describes as follows:

Definition: Free from payment of scot; untaxed; hence, unhurt; clear; safe.

Do as much for this purpose, and thou shalt pass

scot-free. --Sir W. Scott.

Then young Hay escaped scot-free to Holland. --A. Lang.

Guest b00ts

yeah right Sven................ :-(

Guest MSRA
Who won the bloody war anyway
Basil Fawlty

I hear the microwave oven in the Austrian Presidential palace seats eight.

Guest Spacecowboy_J

How very F*****g funny.

As for Waldheim .. what he did or didn't, we'll never know, since he never said. I don't think that former not completely voluntary membership in the NSDAP would have been a problem on its own. The problem is that he never was honest about his past, he outright lied about it. If he hadn't, I doubt most of it would have been an issue really.

But yes, this country voted for him nevertheless. I don't understand this myself, Austrians have habits of voting very strangely .. like most countries do really. Don't get the impression though that people voted for him *because* he might have been a Nazi. People voted for him since they were completely denying the whole Nazi thing. Denyal being something Austrians are very good with when it comes to world war II, it's so damned easy to just say that it was our evil, evil german neighbours. But large numbers of people not dealing with the past in the correct fashion doesn't mean Austria is a country full of Nazis in the modern day and age. Xenophobia is a problem, yes, as it is everywhere really .. but it's not any worse than any other random country in the western world here. I do think that I can say that .. having grown up in Austria as an immigrant.

Guest none

Ich habe diese seite durch zufallgesehen und ich möchte reagieren.

ihr solltet eure quellen besser überprülfen weil es wurde vor gericht erkannt das kurt Waldheim kein nazi war und die dokumente die es behaupteten waren falsche.

Kurt Waldheim war ein Wehrmacht offizier kein held aber sicher auch kein SS.

aber wieleicht denkt ihr dass als österreicher in der in der wehrmacht mann nur nazi sein konnte wie genauso alle deutscher nazi waren und sind.

ich hoffe für euch dass ihr nicht über allen leute den gleichen Unsinn erzählt

Danke

Thanks for setting us right on that Herr None.

I shall inform the relevant authorities immediately and we'll get right on to sorting it out just as soon as we've finished painting the Forth Rail Bridge.

How very F*****g funny.

As for Waldheim .. what he did or didn't, we'll never know, since he never said. I don't think that former not completely voluntary membership in the NSDAP would have been a problem on its own. The problem is that he never was honest about his past, he outright lied about it. If he hadn't, I doubt most of it would have been an issue really.

But yes, this country voted for him nevertheless. I don't understand this myself, Austrians have habits of voting very strangely .. like most countries do really. Don't get the impression though that people voted for him *because* he might have been a Nazi. People voted for him since they were completely denying the whole Nazi thing. Denyal being something Austrians are very good with when it comes to world war II, it's so damned easy to just say that it was our evil, evil german neighbours. But large numbers of people not dealing with the past in the correct fashion doesn't mean Austria is a country full of Nazis in the modern day and age. Xenophobia is a problem, yes, as it is everywhere really .. but it's not any worse than any other random country in the western world here. I do think that I can say that .. having grown up in Austria as an immigrant.

Don't thank me, it's a very old joke. One thing I didn't realise though was that one could be an intelligence officer of the Wehrmacht and not be a member of the Nazi party, or as you've so Tuetonically put it, the Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei.

What I gather from what you're trying to say is: a ) He was probably a Nazi; b ) Austrians don't care; and c ) It's alright though, I'm not Austrian.

Top stuff Tiger, you've really turned me around on the whole 'murky Nazi past' thing.

Guest One Man Jury
How very F*****g funny.

Don't thank me, it's a very old joke. One thing I didn't realise though was that one could be an intelligence officer of the Wehrmacht and not be a member of the Nazi party, or as you've so Tuetonically put it, the Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei.

What I gather from what you're trying to say is: a ) He was probably a Nazi; b ) Austrians don't care; and c ) It's alright though, I'm not Austrian.

Top stuff Tiger, you've really turned me around on the whole 'murky Nazi past' thing.

Most Austrians (about 80%) welcomed Hitler in in 1938. Afterall, he was one of their own wasn't he. Like so many in Germany itself, apparently there were no Nazis there at all after the war was over. More pathetic apologists.

At least Adolf was open and honest about his policies, unlike that current Austrian Arnie who's plan is first California, then the World.

At least Adolf was open and honest about his policies, unlike that current Austrian Arnie who's plan is first California, then the World.

Aha, the "California Über Alles" routine.

What's next, kill the poor?

regards,

Hein

Aha, the "California Über Alles" routine.

What's next, kill the poor?

regards,

Hein

Well it would make a bit of room. :D

Guest Guest

kut nazis

Someone's going for the record for the shortest illiterate drive-by rant...

Poster_5069_thumb.jpg