Death Star

Kurt Waldheim

Wow, it's as if there is someone waiting out there just ready to pounce. I like that "smell of it in his clothes comment." I have always thought the Austrians have a bit of a problem ever since going to Vienna many years ago and being admonished for crossing the road when the red man sign was showing. There were a lot of older people wearing loden coats and smart feathered hats who looked to have their noses stuck firmly up their own arses. I could imagine them looking the other way when the transportations were happening.

On another trip I saw George Kennedy in the Vienna woods. That doesn't happen every day.

Guest Guest

@Godot:

So why did you come to Vienna? Strange, huh? You despise the Austrians and still have the nerve to make a trip there??

That keeps me guessing! Or is it me, who hasn't found the irony in your post?

Guest Guest

loden clothes:

That's Austrian tradition... You can't wear cowboy hats everywhere in the world!

Yeah, and crossing the street when the "red light" is on... That's forbidden, like everywhere in the world...

Talkin' about law, how about talking about some strange and definitely not kosher US-laws?? You can fill phone books with that.

@Godot:

So why did you come to Vienna? Strange, huh? You despise the Austrians and still have the nerve to make a trip there??

Aha, see, still lurking. No irony and no I don't despise Austrians although I haven't found many I would describe as a bag of laughs. Austrian humour, what little there is of it, in my experience always ends up with fart jokes.

Wow, it's as if there is someone waiting out there just ready to pounce. I like that "smell of it in his clothes comment." I have always thought the Austrians have a bit of a problem ever since going to Vienna many years ago and being admonished for crossing the road when the red man sign was showing. There were a lot of older people wearing loden coats and smart feathered hats who looked to have their noses stuck firmly up their own arses. I could imagine them looking the other way when the transportations were happening.

On another trip I saw George Kennedy in the Vienna woods. That doesn't happen every day.

George Kennedy, you say?

I'll love it if he dies in a plane crash. All those "near misses"; he cheated gravity-related death SO many times in the movies, Karma surely has a mid-air malfunction in store for him?

With his many connections in big business and covert ops, I'm sure Kurt could arrange a fuel shortage/shoe-icide bomber on George's next 747 flight?

Pilot: "Mayday, Mayday, this is American Airlines 590 heavy to JFK tower. George Kennedy on board. Repeat, George Kennedy on board. Please advise..."

JFK Tower: "Stand by, 590 heavy. Activate your transponder and set your radio frequency to 78.25 for La Guardia control..."

Flight Engineer"We're doomed, we're all doomed! Kennedy's jinxed us all! AAAagggh..."

loden clothes:

That's Austrian tradition... You can't wear cowboy hats everywhere in the world!

Yeah, and crossing the street when the "red light" is on... That's forbidden, like everywhere in the world...

Talkin' about law, how about talking about some strange and definitely not kosher US-laws?? You can fill phone books with that.

Yes but in the UK, running the red man lights is how we get our kicks. You're right about the Americans and bureaucracy, and what's the biggest ethnic grouping in the US? Yes, Germans, they invaded years ago. George Kennedy probably has a bit of Austrian in him come to think of it.

Guest Guest

So whatcha sayin'? You still have not answered my question:

if you despise Austria so deeply, why did you come here?

@Godot:

I forgot to say, I went because of Mozart, I like Mozart, but even he got fed up with Vienna, I believe, preferring to work in Prague later in life.

I can't help noticing Mr (I assume) Austrian lurker you use the word, Forbidden - verboten. And kosher, not a word I would use very often.

Forbidden is one of the few German words I know. I learned all my German from Valient comic so I know the words for: "Forbidden", "quick", "Good God", "pig dog", "hands up" and "watch out, mines", just about enough I think you'll agree, to fight a war with.

well....I went to Austria once....and it was very nice .... ;)

Guest Guest

@Godot:

That's sad. It seems that Austria has lost a tourist, it doesn't really need...

Well, your loss is another's gain.

Klagenfurt was the place.....air fare for a penny...and a nice blonde bint gave me a flower as I went through passport control !

I like Austria... anywhere that has places with names like this is ok in my book...

Austrian Hospitality

@Godot:

That's sad. It seems that Austria has lost a tourist, it doesn't really need...

Well, your loss is another's gain.

Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful country, I just found Vienna a bit fusty. But you can only take so much Wiener Schnitzel. Great cafes though, plus supercool George and I'm sure most Austrians are lovely people, if a little cold at times and prone, occasionally, to catastrophic bouts of premature mobilisation.

Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful country, I just found Vienna a bit fusty. But you can only take so much Wiener Schnitzel. Great cafes though, plus supercool George and I'm sure most Austrians are lovely people, if a little cold at times and prone, occasionally, to catastrophic bouts of  premature mobilisation.

I'm with you. Almost all Austrians I know are fine people, but there's only one I really like, a retired lorry driver who lives in the Netherlands. He's the only Austrian whom I've ever discussed Waldheim with; he's very suspicious of the former President and doesn't deny his country's brown past, even though he was a toddler at that time.

I didn't like Vienna much, but the one time I was there other than while changing trains I didn't have much time to see the nice bits. Klagenfurt is cool. Innsbruck sucks.

regards,

Hein

Guest Guest

Nobody is denying the past in Austria, the problem is that you only believe what the mass media in your country wants to make you believe. That's called media control!

The Waldheim-story got worldwide coverage and international attention. It was the IDEAL thing to focus on this tragedy and put some countrie's own problems under a blanket, eg the Iran-Contra affair...

I'm just not the supporter of the saga "I hear it - I believe it"! The Waldheim fiasco was one sided and well intrigued, to say the least.

Well, anybody can make up his own mind. I check various sources and then make up my mind, something not many people can say of themselves...

As for the Austrian cities: yes, some a good, some are average - some suck, just like everywhere in the world...

Wasn't Julie Andrews and the rest of the Von Trapps from Austria? I loved those songs, particularly Christopher Plummer singing Edelweiss, that sweeping shot of Julie running over the meadows, fantastic.

In fact the Von Trapps might deserve their own thread. Are there any left?

http://www.hansonclan.co.uk/Royal%20Navy/vt.htm

Nobody is denying the past in Austria, the problem is that you only believe what the mass media in your country wants to make you believe. That's called media control!

The Waldheim-story got worldwide coverage and international attention. It was the IDEAL thing to focus on this tragedy and put some countrie's own problems under a blanket, eg the Iran-Contra affair...

I'm just not the supporter of the saga "I hear it - I believe it"! The Waldheim fiasco was one sided and well intrigued, to say the least.

Well, anybody can make up his own mind. I check various sources and then make up my mind, something not many people can say of themselves...

As for the Austrian cities: yes, some a good, some are average - some suck, just like everywhere in the world...

So, Mister Austrian Guest, does this city suck or what?

I'm So Juvenile I'm Gonna Post It Again Because It's Brilliant & I'm Childish & I Don't Care!

I'm So Juvenile I'm Gonna Post It Again Because It's Brilliant & I'm Childish & I Don't Care!

I once passed through the small Austrian village of Wank.

As I recall, there were many tyre-marks on the road where car-loads of puerile British tourists over the years had suddenly braked, reversed and taken photos of the sign as, of course, did we.

As I recall, there were many tyre-marks on the road where car-loads of puerile British tourists over the years had suddenly braked, reversed and taken photos of the sign as, of course, did we.

Maybe the tyre marks were made by Austrians who had stopped to do as they'd been told.

"I once passed through the small Austrian village of Wank."

So many possibilities, so little time... :lol:

Guest Guest

Of course, in English the whole thing gets a new meaning...

Wank (*rofl)

Well, the best and horniest girls hail from f*****g... :lol:

@Godot:

I forgot to say, I went because of Mozart, I like Mozart, but even he got fed up with Vienna, I believe, preferring to work in Prague later in life.

I can't help noticing Mr (I assume) Austrian lurker you use the word, Forbidden - verboten. And kosher, not a word I would use very often.

Forbidden is one of the few German words I know. I learned all my German from Valient comic so I know the words for: "Forbidden", "quick", "Good God", "pig dog", "hands up" and "watch out, mines", just about enough I think you'll agree, to fight a war with.

Keine Faxen, sonst Knallt's!

:sicktherm:

I once passed through the small Austrian village of Wank

In a manner of speaking it's a place in which we've all existed at some time.

Wasn't Julie Andrews and the rest of the Von Trapps from Austria? I loved those songs, particularly Christopher Plummer singing Edelweiss, that sweeping shot of Julie running over the meadows, fantastic.

In fact the Von Trapps might deserve their own thread. Are there any left?

http://www.hansonclan.co.uk/Royal%20Navy/vt.htm

I always liked how in The Sound of Music the boy who sings the duet "Sixteen going on Seventeen" with one of the Von Trapp girls ends up becoming a Nazi.