Death Star

Mickey Rooney

Mickey Rooney will be appearing at the City Varieties, Leeds on June the 4th this year.

Sounds like there's plenty of life in him yet.

I see Joe Longthorne's on the week after. But it does say you can get a box for two so there's room for both. The bookings manager must be some kind of nutter

Was Mickey chosen for some other reason besides the fact that he is old (and so fine):lol:? I thought we settled that he was in good health in our previous "Rooney's Tush" discussion.

Rooney is an excellent pick. Portly and in his 80's? Excellent pick.

I once met an audio mixer who worked on a flick featuring Mickey Rooney. He showed me the canvas belt used to hold the transmitter for the wireless microphones they were using, Rooney's was only 14 centimetres shorter than he is tall.

I wonder what his BMI might be?

According to the latest in the Desert Sun (from beautiful Palm Springs California))on the February 21 issue of this year Mickey is doing fine. He is about to get his act together and take it on the road in a show he and 28th-wife Jan put together called "let's Put on a Show" which is a tribute apparently to Patsy Cline, Ava Gardner and Judy Garland and many others. Following their European tour Rooney will be working in the film "Night At The Museum which will costar many notables including Dickie Van Dyke, Ben Stiller, Ricky Gervais and Bill Cobbs,

Here is an aritcle about it.................. Rooney Plays

Rooney's was only 14 centimetres shorter than he is tall.

I wonder if it's a character trait all Rooney's have?

If so let's keep Colleen whatever her dog faces name is in mind for next year when she gets crushed to death by Wayne the evil love child of Mickey and Shrek!

Rooney's was only 14 centimetres shorter than he is tall.

I wonder if it's a character trait all Rooney's have?

If so let's keep Colleen whatever her dog faces name is in mind for next year when she gets crushed to death by Wayne the evil love child of Mickey and Shrek!

Irish men are known to be shotrt pof stature.

Uso-show-mickey-rooney.jpg

He can barely reach the microphone. :o

It must be very difficult being a US soldier. You're sent around the world on the bidding of a deranged half-wit (is it me or is George W being Emu to Dick Cheney's Rod Hull?)....

If you entertain yourself by taking pictures of prisoners you're torturing then you're locked up (providing you're lowly ranking - if responsible carry on number 1). If you drive down the road your Hummer offers as little protection against road side bombs as tin foil and then when it can't get any worse - a USO show is put on.

Now when Bob 'Any more war zones and I qualify as one of the Four Horsemen of the Acropolis' Hope finally went to the music hall in the sky - the US forces must have been dancing in the streets. A new period of peace was bound to break out - No Hope = No War (or is that no hope of no war - more likely with this administration) but here's Mickey steeping into the breach...

Mind you the average soldier might be getting what they deserve - I remember a British squaddie being interviewed and he wanted Jim Davison to come out - mind you it wasn't clear if that was to put on a show or be shot...

Irishmen are slaos known to be quite good when it comnes to those intimate situations.

does anyone have a quart of Jamesons I could boottrow this morning??.

Irishmen are slaos known to be quite good when it comnes to those intimate situations.

does anyone have a quart of Jamesons I could boottrow this morning??.

How's the touch typing course coming along Bruno?

Mickey Rooney can't/could never act. His "adult" movie roles are painful to watch.

Rooney is second only to Jerry Lewis for the "tales" trashing hotel rooms, blowing off bartenders and room maids.

At least he'd had good taste in women -- maybe that's why he's still looking at thongs (sp?)

Just about :o - but I hope that this post frenzy is a worthwhile one to people as there's lots of health and/or activity updates to mull over.

Mickey Rooney Interview

I think he's good for a decade yet.

OoO, you did remember to breathe while indulging in that post frenzy I hope.

I think posting news articles are fair territory, as long as they're relevant.

At least they'd better be, or else I'm screwed. :lol:

This plot is for Harroween

High School students Salvadore and Carmine Dementia, while working on a High School Science project, inadvertently create an inexpensive Computer Operating System and Internet Browser, that doesn't crash! However, the Dementia's strike it rich, when the boys High School Science Project appears on the Evening News, and convinces a Hong Kong company to flood the market with an inexpensive black market version of Microsoft Windows, called "Chindows". The entire Dementia Family, thanks to young Carmine and Salvadore, have now become Dot-Com millionaires. With the rest of the dysfunctional Dementia family sporting only grade school educations at best, the Dementias begin to flaunt their new found wealth. As they begin to convert their modest Long Island home into a white statue laden mansion, the first order of business is to construct a haunted house for Halloween, so as to impress their working class neighbors, who are portrayed by movie stars and comedians in cameo roles. As practical joking has been ingrained in the Dementia family persona for generations, one never knows what light hearted prank the Dementias will pull next. So Trick-or-Treating at the Dementias each year, makes one wonder, what is a gag, and what is real. With "Chindows" flooding the market, things begin to go awry. As we try to discover whether it is the other competing software companies, the Long Island Mafia, or just scheming Uncle Ralph Dementia... someone is continually trying to kill Salvatore's dad, Salvadore, Sr., the now wealthy patriarch of the family. Was building a haunted house to impress the neighbors, the right decision???

One of two Mickey Rooney movies scheduled for next year to follow the four he's credited with in 2006. Okay, he's down for one of the cameos as a neighbour, but he's obviously packing the same Duracell constitution that keeps Norman Wisdom annoying/entertaining us.

You mean he's doing something other than term life insurance commercials?

His tour schedule, treading the boards into September.

From what I understand, Mickey Rooney should not be apart of Deathlist 2007. Depending on situations involving his health, i'll safely say a couple of years...

From what I understand, Mickey Rooney should not be apart of Deathlist 2007. Depending on situations involving his health, i'll safely say a couple of years...

He'll be a singin' and dancin' 'til the day he dies. good old Mickey, a real old time entertainer.

He'll be a singin' and dancin' 'til the day he dies. good old Mickey, a real old time entertainer.

In some ways Mickey Rooney scares me, especially getting Jerry Falwell to renew the wedding vows between him and his wife.

Guest Guest_iain_*

I confidently predict that Micky Rooney wil live at least another 10 years.

I confidently predict that Micky Rooney wil live at least another 10 years.

In that case he'll probably drop dead by the end of the year