Townie1488

Leslie Phillips

Leslie makes rare appearance in public these days.

Really badly written article, but there is a picture.

I must say I'm surprised to see him make an appearance again after all this time.I had assumed we would never see him again and that he was probably at deaths door.Maybe should take him off next years list judging by that pic!

What?He looks bloody awful!

I must say I'm surprised to see him make an appearance again after all this time.I had assumed we would never see him again and that he was probably at deaths door.Maybe should take him off next years list judging by that pic!

Hmm, the wife though...

Hmm, the wife though...

Bloody hell, the writing on that is dire; what idiot combi of journalist and brain-dead sub-editor contrived to sign off that error ridden shite?

Seriously, there are message boards who'd clean it up, let alone apparently reputable papers.

Copying the best bit for long term forum posterity:

The 92-year-old, known for his leery catch phrases including ‘ding-dong’ married his third wife Zara Carr three years ago in 2013 in a ceremony in London.

But in 2014, who shot to stardom in the 1950s and starred in the Carry On and Doctors series, suffered a stroke while travelling on a bus and was rushed to hospital.

His third wife Zara, who he married 13 months ago, gave him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation before an ambulance crew took him to St Mary's Hospital in Paddington.

He married his third wife, Zara, in 2013 and she has been nursing him back to health .

The 92-year-old, known for his leery catch phrases including ‘ding-dong’ married his third wife Zara Carr three years ago in 2013 in a ceremony in London.

But in 2014, who shot to stardom in the 1950s and starred in the Carry On and Doctors series, suffered a stroke while travelling on a bus and was rushed to hospital.

His third wife Zara, who he married 13 months ago, gave him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation before an ambulance crew took him to St Mary's Hospital in Paddington.

He married his third wife, Zara, in 2013 and she has been nursing him back to health .

Nicely written article. Although they could have placed a bit more emphasis on the name of his third wife and the date of their wedding, clearly the most relevant info in the whole piece.

He looks a bit worn compared to my sixty-something yo dad, but I'd be more than happy if he would be this sprightly at 92!

The 92-year-old, known for his leery catch phrases including ding-dong married his third wife Zara Carr three years ago in 2013 in a ceremony in London.

Nicely written article. Although they could have placed a bit more emphasis on the name of his third wife and the date of their wedding, clearly the most relevant info in the whole piece.

He looks a bit worn compared to my sixty-something yo dad, but I'd be more than happy if he would be this sprightly at 92!
He reminds me of my Grandad when he was 92 i.e wheelchair bound clearly very thin and weak with poor circulation and my Grandad died at 92.

The 92-year-old, known for his leery catch phrases including ding-dong married his third wife Zara Carr three years ago in 2013 in a ceremony in London.

He reminds me of my Grandad when he was 92 i.e wheelchair bound clearly. Vert thin and weak with poor circulation and my Grandad died at 92.
You think he'll die this year

He reminds me of my Grandad when he was 92 i.e wheelchair bound clearly. Vert thin and weak with poor circulation and my Grandad died at 92.
You think he'll die this year

This year or next I reckon.Looks frail enough for a bad cold to be able to finish him off.

93 today!:party:

• Like 1

Scheduled to appear at an exhibition celebrating his life and career next month.

2 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Scheduled to appear at an exhibition celebrating his life and career next month.

Is that code for his funeral?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Youwanticewiththat said:

Is that code for his funeral?

Actually, just some 11 years ago, there was a Hungarian theatre director (and actor) who pulled such a stunt ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4689692.stm ):

[Theatre director Péter Halász], who is also an actor, writer and satirist, is in the final stages of liver cancer, and will begin lying in an open coffin at an art museum in the Hungarian capital Budapest later this week.

"I'm curious how a funeral looks from the other side," Halasz told BBC World Service's Outlook programme.
"I want to take a look at my friends and listen to the eulogies, and the final farewell.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Africa7777 said:

Who has news about him ?

News websites

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dead Wait said:

News websites

None

1 minute ago, Africa7777 said:

None

You're clearly not looking in the right places. 

I bet $ 3000 on his death in 2017.

I want my jackpot maybe $ 18 000 

2 minutes ago, Africa7777 said:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Africa7777 said:

Three  questions:

1- Are you Nigerian?

2- Are you a prince?

2- Did you scam any European grandmas into sending you their "monies" lately?

• Angry 1

I keep half expecting to hear of news of his death any day now as I think his health combined with age makes for a really poor outlook. 

Definitely the right decision of the committee to keep him firmly on the list. 

On Monday, January 01, 2018 at 18:47, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I keep half expecting to hear of news of his death any day now as I think his health combined with age makes for a really poor outlook. 

Definitely the right decision of the committee to keep him firmly on the list. 

I always feel that when a bank holiday rolls round, that we will lose him.

• Like 2

On 04/01/2018 at 00:55, Phantom said:

I always feel that when a bank holiday rolls round, that we will lose him.

He will want to take a break from life on that day, but not realize that he has to leave for good if he does

94 today. :birthday:

• Like 2

1.       O’hara

2.       Crowe

3.       Kohl

4.       Philips

5.       Kercheval

6.       Nimoy

7.       Smith

8.       Nash

9.       Roberts

10.   Kerkorian

11.   Eddie large

12.   maynard

He's got a 1 in 4 chance of being the last newcomer standing from the 2015 list. Wouldn't have called that at all.

• Like 3